Arch-Supremacy Member

Haha trust me just wait and see. 1.43 no problem
up to u to believe i wish it stay at 17
i shall hope for the best, but expect the worst
Old 10-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #752
Master Member

Haha trust me just wait and see. 1.43 no problem
can substantiate ?

its really nothing but hot air and empty talk if you cant substantiate why you expect it to go down so low. i dont mean this in a bad way or anything, i m just skeptical of how you arrived at this figure.

i can say when i win toto tomorrow, then all the regulars on this forum can get free SQ suite tickets to tokyo on me as well.

point being, it dosent have any significance if you cant substantiate it. its just a number. again, let me stress that i dont mean this in a bad way, it just strikes me as being very hollow.
stars87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #753

haha im very tempted to change now too.

the arcade is offering 15.7.

it wouldnt drop far too much by april right? my trip is on 10th april.. haha
eleven44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #754

can substantiate ?

its really nothing but hot air and empty talk if you cant substantiate why you expect it to go down so low. i dont mean this in a bad way or anything, i m just skeptical of how you arrived at this figure.

i can say when i win toto tomorrow, then all the regulars on this forum can get free SQ suite tickets to tokyo on me as well.

point being, it dosent have any significance if you cant substantiate it. its just a number. again, let me stress that i dont mean this in a bad way, it just strikes me as being very hollow.
Sometimes not everything must give a reason, (which i have a reason) you can choose not to believe and change now but when the rate went down just dun complain that i never advise. Thats all i have to say. Its up to individual.
strictmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:24 PM   #755
Great Supremacy Member

Talking

can substantiate ?

bro, read this...

Japanese Yen's Safe Haven Role Reviewed As Sentiment Fails

Written by John Kicklighter, Currency Strategist

What defines a safe haven currency? This is a questions that has been sidestepped many times by financial participants in the past. Back when conditions were optimal, there was little doubt that US Treasuries, gold and the Japanese yen were key harbors for rough financial weather. However, with an economic recession evolving into a depression and a financial crisis testing the limits of government reserves, anything and everything is being reevaluated. And, for a fundamentally-unstable and crisis-prone financial center like Japan, there may be a good reason for cutting its currency from the list.

Fundamental Outlook for Japanese Yen: Bearish

LINK
Old 10-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #756
Great Supremacy Member

According to the chart, personally think that it might fall to 14.4.

time frame = unknown
Old 10-03-2009, 07:02 PM   #757
Master Member

Sometimes not everything must give a reason, (which i have a reason) you can choose not to believe and change now but when the rate went down just dun complain that i never advise. Thats all i have to say. Its up to individual.
if you have a reason you refrain from giving, and you make a random statement like that, you might as well dont make a random statement and might as well not have a reason.

its just that. hollow words that promise everything but mean nothing in particular.

@dreamer75

yea i know, i thought the more interesting part is this :

Looking ahead to next week, there are few, global scheduled releases that promises to redefine general risk trends. This may actually prove a stroke of good luck for the yen as traders will be able to reconsider its sharp plunge over the previous two weeks and come up with a reasonable argument to label it a safe haven. To this point however, there are few lines of reasoning to support capital flowing into Japan seeking shelter.

Through the first leg of the financial crisis, the yen was rising as traders deleveraged direct or indirect carry trades through a need for cash, natural repatriation and frequently forced liquidations. Even though this was such a prevalent strategy during the height of the market’s risk appetite, it naturally has limits to which the capital will be fully exercised. No doubt, there is still a considerable amount of capital behind the carry trade, but most of it will be through pension funds and other bulk investors that weather long-term trends. Aside from carry, there was also weak support through Japan being the second largest economy in the world with benchmark rates that had extremely low volatility.

Now, however, it is more than evident that primary cash targets are going to experience low volatility across the global as the world’s central banks near zero. More importantly though, a semblance of safety is hard to hold when an economy is suffering as stark a recession as the one Japan has been pitched into. With BoJ economists forecasting a worse slump than the one recorded through the 4Q of 2008, memories of the bank failures and crisis of the 1980s and 1990s are called to mind.
basically its the fact that people are dumping the yen as the japanese economy looks increasingly unstable. but lets look at it the other way round, whatever's going to happen in the global economy, is going to hinge on relativity. i.e relative economic performance. Japan's economic performance, in a sea of red ink, may still be relatively safer than others. IIRC, Japanese bank balance sheets are somewhat stronger than the american ones too. not as exposed to leveraged deals. they may take a beating due to weak domestic market but to call it a bank collapse is a little extreme i think ? i think the most dangerous bit would be the bond markets in tokyo.

i do hope for a lower rate too. i just dont see it falling to 1.43. most of us forget the Japan and singapore are interlinked to a very high degree especially in capital flows. if the yen plunges, MAS wont just allow the status quo to continue as well. S$ will change in tandem with the yen's fortunes
Old 10-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #758
Great Supremacy Member

me not greedy.....if can hit 14.9/15.1...me happy liao
Old 10-03-2009, 07:33 PM   #759
High Supremacy Member

me not greedy.....if can hit 14.9/15.1...me happy liao
me too. but looking at the current rates, prob should change soon. will hit my head if rate increases to 16 again.
Telur17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #760

i changed 1k at the arcade today! got 15.68.. figured out that i should just change a bit before the exchange rate goes up to 16 again. haha at least got 1k in my pocket, won't feel heartache too.

will need to change another 1k. shall wait till first week of april before i change.
eleven44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:11 AM   #761
Great Supremacy Member

15.54 (yahoo finance)
Old 11-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #762

Star: Like what i have said, its up to individual to believe or not. you choose not to believe then its fine. We shall see in mid april, no point arguing to you.
strictmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #763

Mustafa 15.6700 now
bertina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:55 AM   #764
Master Member

Star: Like what i have said, its up to individual to believe or not. you choose not to believe then its fine. We shall see in mid april, no point arguing to you.
like i said, its the hollowness of what you are doing. not the fact about the rate, not that i agree / disagree with you about the figure (i want a lower rate too)

in any case, citigroup says best performance since 3Q 2007. Dow Jones rally. expect STI to rally as well.

has the recession/depression bottomed out ?
Old 11-03-2009, 11:01 AM   #765
High Supremacy Member

mustafa went up to 15.74.
Telur17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.