Yen Exchange Rate Watch

chanvh

Reaction score
Yes, I confirm just came back from Arcade and changed with Hassan and Sons, 2nd level.

Lots of people line up but most people change for USD and also EURO. anyway, for us
its 15.24 there - best rate already. The buying for them is 15.10.

So, I compare with others its a little higher. My recommendation please go at off peak if possible
to avoid the queue.

Reaction score
CHEAPEST AT BRAS BASAH! (edit: i think they dun have much yen, maybe for a few hundred sing dollars)

Changed

Arcade(Money Exchange): most of my money at 15.25
Arcade(CIC): 15.23
Bras Basah: 15.2

At first my mum and I went around lunch hour and found that 15.24 was the lowest at the Arcade. But Hassan and a few others were so packed! Its funny why no one noticed Money Exchange (past Hassan, near to the end). They always have pretty good rates too. So we went to change at 15.25 without queueing. But they did not have enough yen. So we decided to look at the 1st floor and changed at CIC, where there was no queue again, and 15.25 was their shown rate. But funnily they gave us 15.23 so we kept quiet haha.

After my lesson, I wanted to go to the Arcade as the rates tend to drop on late weds but I saw a money changer offering 15.2 when I passed by Bras Basah. I've a feeling though that maybe Arcade is cheaper than that now.

Last edited:

chanvh

Reaction score
I think I'll go change again today. just few hundred can already. Hassan and sons always packed. people change lots of denominations.

lkenic

Reaction score
ay, so like roller coaster. don't know how much to trust the news leh.
but also v scared mas really announce something funny next week. today is the last chance to change liao.

stars87

Master Member
Reaction score
ay, so like roller coaster. don't know how much to trust the news leh.
but also v scared mas really announce something funny next week. today is the last chance to change liao.

hope, the quintisential human delusion, simulteneously the source of your greatest strength and weakness

- the architect, the matrix: reloaded

stars87

Master Member
Reaction score
not sure. muffin predicted 14.83 by mid april but it seems like the SGD reevaluation may not make that happen.

chanvh

Reaction score
Stars87, yes you may be right in that aspect. border ot 15.0 at the most but thats about it. Its even strecthing it to the limit.

Anyway its about 15.2000 now... I remember about end of today or beginning Tuesday there should be a little dip last week. Probably we'll see about 15.10... I'm not sure but its possible. Might go down to change today if can get off work early or just hit it for tomorrows lunch.

SecretZone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not sure. muffin predicted 14.83 by mid april but it seems like the SGD reevaluation may not make that happen.

still got TWO more days before mid of the month~ give him chance la :s22:

he say 14.83~ if not zhun zhun then he is bruff chewren :(

stars87

Master Member
Reaction score
still got TWO more days before mid of the month~ give him chance la :s22:

he say 14.83~ if not zhun zhun then he is bruff chewren :(

haha, actually i dont blame him for predicting that or any other reason why. he still got chance, if SGD-yen plummet tomorrow maybe can reach 14.83

im just damned curious, how he get that figure and why this figure and not other figure ? i mean if you tell me something like STI-YEN coorelationship or some other hard proof of market trends and data i can believe. its the complete absence of any hard proof that really bugs me.

but he got no proof and keep insisting, see if he's right, ok lor. if he's wrong, then too bad lor. but i do hope he's right. i benefit by getting better exchange rates.:D

SquallLH

Master Member
Reaction score
Am guessing he might be using TA analysis (e.g. Candlestick charts) to predict.
He might have gotten it right down to the first decimal place if not for the "intervention" of MAS.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.