HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

can NSF work a weekend job???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #1

Question can NSF work a weekend job???

I have many friends who are working as secondary school tutors. Which sets me thinking if NSF is able to hold any weekend job??? I went to a chalet a few days ago and saw my BMT friend working as a catering delivery man.....
Llyodcch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #2
Great Supremacy Member

by right it's not allowed unless they got special circumstances like financial issues at home.

these guys should have official approval from their OC and above.

but there are some of them are secretly doing without official approval, as in they do jobs that dont have CPF because it makes it harder to get noticed.
I donít believe they can ask to be treated as equals, because they are literally asking NOT to be treated as equals. I think this is why I have problems with a lot of females. They expect to be treated as equals, yet they wish to be waited on hand and foot also. You will never be able to have both. So pick one side.
"I love Singapore more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually."
Adapted from James A. Baldwin
tarui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 11:42 PM   #3

by right it's not allowed unless they got special circumstances like financial issues at home.

these guys should have official approval from their OC and above.

but there are some of them are secretly doing without official approval, as in they do jobs that dont have CPF because it makes it harder to get noticed.
haha i was thinking of finding a job near my home just to earn a little more money. 400 bucks a month as a private is just not enough. But seriously will people employ me???
Old 20-03-2011, 11:48 PM   #4
Great Supremacy Member

well, honest advice, 400 isnt enough for anyone.
even more honest advice, once u get caught, u will be slapped with so many charges your head will spin.
I donít believe they can ask to be treated as equals, because they are literally asking NOT to be treated as equals. I think this is why I have problems with a lot of females. They expect to be treated as equals, yet they wish to be waited on hand and foot also. You will never be able to have both. So pick one side.
"I love Singapore more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually."
Old 20-03-2011, 11:55 PM   #5

well very true indeed. 2 years just serve and get done with it... but i seriously feel that Gahmen should do more for NSF... we serve and protect the country so that people can sleep peacefully every night. Yet we are not much appreciated. University fees are always increasing by the hundreds each year.... I hope we get a little credit for it.
Old 20-03-2011, 11:55 PM   #6
Great Supremacy Member

I hope we get a little credit for it.
NO.

10chars
Old 21-03-2011, 12:01 AM   #7

well I just mean that I think we should be come first since we fork out 2 years of our time to serve the country. Its like priority for people who protect the country.
Old 21-03-2011, 02:44 AM   #8

well I just mean that I think we should be come first since we fork out 2 years of our time to serve the country. Its like priority for people who protect the country.
Get lost.

http
eriolmoon2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 03:16 AM   #9
High Supremacy Member

my advise...
after you pass out from BMT, or when you are posted to a unit or school Permanently, use the money to learn something like get a class 3 driving license?
or enrol yourself in a Part-time course...

during my 1 yr plus in Tekong, I got permission from my S3 and enrol myself to study part-time business course and I always get to go off earlier to go for my lessons =)
Henabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 12:13 AM   #10

haha i am already driving to camp everyday..... part time course sounds interesting!!!
Old 22-03-2011, 03:30 AM   #11

My friend used to work in a pub and book in after 12am with permission from the OC as his family is in financial difficulties. The fact that he is a RP and that those manning the gates are his mates does make it easier though
Old 24-10-2018, 11:33 AM   #12

Can some bros here direct me to a Mindef regulation that forbids part time job, please.
Plow98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2018, 01:46 PM   #13

It is not impossible.
Old 24-12-2018, 08:15 PM   #14

It's not allowed. It's called Moonlighting.
Never caught OK.
Kana caught KO.
Old 29-12-2018, 01:23 PM   #15
Honorary Member

do freelance.. cant get caught one..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.