[AMA] Going on my 15th trip to Korea in May

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gg korea in 7oct-18oct. nami island leave turn color already? went once bef in mid nov all drop botak liao

seanysp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I saw your trip itinerary. I have 7 - 8 full days excluding flight. As this is my first trip with my partner, just want to visit those "must" visit place.

Will still use your trip itinerary as a reference. Going to take it easy and at a leisure pace. Probably do 2 -3 places a day.

Just want to know whether it is a good idea to go Jeju --> Busan --> Seoul and what is the recommended mode of transport from Jeju to Busan.

Will post here again once I have a more detailed plan.
Either seoul-busan-jeju or vice versa works
Just check flight availability and prices for your dates
For this trip i did seoul-jeju-busan-daegu
If my multicity gimpo-jeju-busan only about 120/pax on koreanair

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2 using GAGT

seanysp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time travelling to Korea in late Sep to early Oct with my partner. Got 7 full days there. Planning to visit Seoul, Nami, Jeju and Busan. Have not done any detail planning but tentative would be land in Seoul (7am), take flight to Jeju, stay 2 or 3 nights, travel to Busan (have not check mode of transport) for 2 nights and then back to Seoul and Nami for the rest of the days. Is this recommended?

Any must visit place for first time visit to Korea?
Any recommendation for accommodation (airbnb)?
Busan/jeju 3 days 3 nights each also very tight liao haha
Seoul and its nearby surrounding itself can fill up all 7 days liao

Jeju u can split into 3 main areas
North - 5day market, loveland, samseonghyeol etc
East - manjanggul grotto, seongsan ilchulbong etc
South/west - aerospace museum, jeongbang, cheonjiyeon, cheonjeyeon waterfalls, soesokkak estuary etc
When u rent car they will give a map with most of the usual tourist spots

Busan 2 main areas nampo and haeundae, outlier is yonggungsa temple which is quite far away

Last edited:

seanysp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gg korea in 7oct-18oct. nami island leave turn color already? went once bef in mid nov all drop botak liao
This is last yr prediction
Depending on where u go
pyLhzfZl.jpg

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think i will mostly missed the peaked. sian
anyway i checked for busan - jeju - seoul, on oct fri-sun need $220.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is last yr prediction
Depending on where u go
pyLhzfZl.jpg

whjere is all this? i will be at busan 8oct-11oct, 11-13oct jeju,13oct to 18oct seoul. whjere is best to see?

seanysp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
whjere is all this? i will be at busan 8oct-11oct, 11-13oct jeju,13oct to 18oct seoul. whjere is best to see?
Seoul. Go to seoraksan
Fri-sun sure ex lol locals all go jeju for holiday
I flew to jeju on thurs and busan on mon
U go seoul-jeju-busan mayyyybe cheaper no guarantees

seanysp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Share some not so mainstream places i went this time, mostly locals inside

FdJfwFql.jpg

Y3VEQEyl.jpg

Persimmon Wine tunnel(Cheongdo)

q6mD5qll.jpg

Aerospace museum(Jeju) <- must go for plne/space enthusiasts
Alot of actual decommissioned planes and space stuff

a9FXgIdl.jpg

Cheonjiyeon waterfall(Jeju)

sTa6t8Fl.jpg

Donghwasa temple(Daegu)

lj2hz4Sl.jpg

6/25 War memorial museum(Incheon)

Last edited:

seanysp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, you can refer back a few pages for my trip itinerary which was set up by Seanysp. 7 days is not enough Jeju, Busan, Nami and Seoul. Flight can waste 1.5 days already. Depends what are your interest when going there also.
How was your trip bro

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seoul. Go to seoraksan
Fri-sun sure ex lol locals all go jeju for holiday
I flew to jeju on thurs and busan on mon
U go seoul-jeju-busan mayyyybe cheaper no guarantees

Alr booked Liao koreanair to busan , seoul back to sg. So was planning 4d busan 3d jeju 6d seoul. Ya no choice more exp, if fly on thurs or sat n back on mon is cheaper for jeju, 150+

seanysp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to see from that picture? There's no seoul in it?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
Seoul is somewhere at top leftish use the line above bukhansan as guide

Last edited:

Haman

Reaction score
How was your trip bro

Hey, thanks for ur advise and itinerary setup for us. We had an enjoyable trip over there, some places we did not go in the end due to timing and distance from base. Of the 5 palaces, only visited 2 since we were busy taking photos of ourselves with the traditional costumes on us, lol..both Seoul and Busan were cold, but Jeju was hot, think the sun burnt our skin..haha..good recommendation on the stay in Seoul, we stayed 1 station away from Myeongdong at Hotel Doma, n literally walk there 3 of the 5 nights, after our day trips back, for dinner n more shopping..we can see Seoul tower was behind us from a distance but still need transport to go up..except for the 1st day touchdown and it drizzled all day, the rest of our stay there was without rain, very good for us. I believe we managed to complete 75% of the itinerary in the end..one thing I like was the public transport system and the naver app accuracy. Wow! I think Singapore is still many years behind them n Japan..Once again, thank you very much, my 1st trip without consulting TripAdvisor..haha

seanysp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for ur advise and itinerary setup for us. We had an enjoyable trip over there, some places we did not go in the end due to timing and distance from base. Of the 5 palaces, only visited 2 since we were busy taking photos of ourselves with the traditional costumes on us, lol..both Seoul and Busan were cold, but Jeju was hot, think the sun burnt our skin..haha..good recommendation on the stay in Seoul, we stayed 1 station away from Myeongdong at Hotel Doma, n literally walk there 3 of the 5 nights, after our day trips back, for dinner n more shopping..we can see Seoul tower was behind us from a distance but still need transport to go up..except for the 1st day touchdown and it drizzled all day, the rest of our stay there was without rain, very good for us. I believe we managed to complete 75% of the itinerary in the end..one thing I like was the public transport system and the naver app accuracy. Wow! I think Singapore is still many years behind them n Japan..Once again, thank you very much, my 1st trip without consulting TripAdvisor..haha
No problem i didnt do much haha
Good thing about korea is some stations very near 2-3stations away is only 10-15min walk
Namsan tower walk up very shag one lol
I tried before took an hour+

SallyGoh

Reaction score
Busan/jeju 3 days 3 nights each also very tight liao haha
Seoul and its nearby surrounding itself can fill up all 7 days liao

Jeju u can split into 3 main areas
North - 5day market, loveland, samseonghyeol etc
East - manjanggul grotto, seongsan ilchulbong etc
South/west - aerospace museum, jeongbang, cheonjiyeon, cheonjeyeon waterfalls, soesokkak estuary etc
When u rent car they will give a map with most of the usual tourist spots

Busan 2 main areas nampo and haeundae, outlier is yonggungsa temple which is quite far away

Thanks for the information. Decide to forgo Busan and just stick to Seoul and Jeju. Will use your information for my planning. Is it better to drive or use the public transport?

seanysp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Decide to forgo Busan and just stick to Seoul and Jeju. Will use your information for my planning. Is it better to drive or use the public transport?
Driving recommended
Most places are free parking so yay
Jeju buses the interval quite long...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.