Car Rental Jeju [Help]

DdEdKeN

Reaction score
Hello people,

I will be going Jeju in September first and we have decided to self drive there. A few queries in mind about car rental, not sure if some of you can help me.

Should I:

1) place a reservation in advance?
2) just book when I reach the airport?

Option 1: Any idea which company offers reasonable rates (about 70-90sgd/day)

Option 2: I will reach Jeju international airport about 8pm, are those local rental companies still open?

Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks alot. :)

enrell69

Reaction score
Hello people,

I will be going Jeju in September first and we have decided to self drive there. A few queries in mind about car rental, not sure if some of you can help me.

Should I:

1) place a reservation in advance?
2) just book when I reach the airport?

Option 1: Any idea which company offers reasonable rates (about 70-90sgd/day)

Option 2: I will reach Jeju international airport about 8pm, are those local rental companies still open?

Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks alot. :)
i used kumho car rental..book in advance thru website..u need international driving license too

Webbyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Car rental in Jeju is generally much cheaper than Mainland Korea. Its cheaper and better to reserve online if you have desired car in mind. It's like only $40+ a day if you rent Sonata(i45) or KIA K5.

Jane2

Reaction score
Is there kumho counter@ the jeju airport? I was doing a comparision.. seems avis cost abt S$200 for a avante 1.5 similar gp for 2 days.

Webbyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
KT Kumho doesn't have a physical booth in the airport but their office is only 2-3mins bus ride away. They provide shuttle bus to their location. And Forte is only $40 per day which includes KRW300k excess.

Jane2

Reaction score
i was playing ard with the dates. For 2 days less than 48hrs, Kumho charged 184000Krw for Forte...i just couldnt get $40 mentioned by you.
On the topic of jeju, staying in Seowipo beta or Jeju city area beta?

Webbyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i was playing ard with the dates. For 2 days less than 48hrs, Kumho charged 184000Krw for Forte...i just couldnt get $40 mentioned by you.
On the topic of jeju, staying in Seowipo beta or Jeju city area beta?

You need to login to see the correct pricing. What is your rental dates? I always stay around Seogwipo area. Jeju-si has nothing much to do unless you want to shop for local produce and souvenirs. Most of attractions at Seogwipo.

Jane2

Reaction score
You need to login to see the correct pricing. What is your rental dates? I always stay around Seogwipo area. Jeju-si has nothing much to do unless you want to shop for local produce and souvenirs. Most of attractions at Seogwipo.

I was thinking either arriving on 9pm 6th Sept late night or 7th Sept early morning then returning 9th Sept early morning.

I want to stay at a place where when I walk out, I have a variety of choices for local eatery.

Webbyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was thinking either arriving on 9pm 6th Sept late night or 7th Sept early morning then returning 9th Sept early morning.

I want to stay at a place where when I walk out, I have a variety of choices for local eatery.

Then you can stay in the city area of Seogwipo, but if you are going to rent a car it's quite convenient already and parking is free almost everywhere. One advice is don't speed in jeju-do because they are many cameras.

Jane2

Reaction score
anyone has 2Day jeju F&E itinerary can share?
I hv tooo many places I wanna visit and its like round island trip.

How long does it take to trip from jeju si to Seowigpo?
Cuz the weekend I'm there, there's convention at ICC so most rooms are booked out. I have booked all my accom@Jeju si area.
So if I end the day at Seowigpo, i need to know how long i need to get back to Jeju-si..

Webbyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone has 2Day jeju F&E itinerary can share?
I hv tooo many places I wanna visit and its like round island trip.

How long does it take to trip from jeju si to Seowigpo?
Cuz the weekend I'm there, there's convention at ICC so most rooms are booked out. I have booked all my accom@Jeju si area.
So if I end the day at Seowigpo, i need to know how long i need to get back to Jeju-si..

It will take around 20~30mins to travel between that two places. Please don't take the mountainous road(hallasan) especially during winter, because there will be frosting on the road and you need snow chains and it a PITA to put it on. :s22:

You can stay at pension houses. Its only like $50 a night can sleep 2-3 people. The 3 times i went jeju i stayed there with my family and friends. ;)

weii

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Borrowing this thread, those with experience, mind to share whether we can depend on the korean-language GPS that comes with the rented vehicle?

I did some blog search, and it seems tht beside the language,the tel no of our destination to input (equivalent of our postal code) can sometime be outdated or irrelevant.

enrell69

Reaction score
Borrowing this thread, those with experience, mind to share whether we can depend on the korean-language GPS that comes with the rented vehicle?

I did some blog search, and it seems tht beside the language,the tel no of our destination to input (equivalent of our postal code) can sometime be outdated or irrelevant.
the gps i rented from kumho was somewat updated..it was in english though..anyways their gps is similar to our local gps..which mapmaker update their maps every month??..most of the time it would be bi-annually..

this remind me of the time i was in south gyeongsang..i intended to go this location..key in the gps and off i go..few hrs later..i had a feeling that i was wrong direction..lol..so lanlan had to uturn back..but anyways it allowed me to check out the hidden places of the province..
09022012570.jpg

like this house..hidden between hills, with a stream running thru it

Last edited:

Webbyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Of course you can, it took me to all the places we wanted to go. I only search by the place name and not telephone number.

chekseng80

Reaction score
Do we need to apply for IDP in order to drive in Jeju? Some said SG driving license is fine, some said need IDP...Can anyone advise on this?

Cheers~~

Webbyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do we need to apply for IDP in order to drive in Jeju? Some said SG driving license is fine, some said need IDP...Can anyone advise on this?

Cheers~~

Who are those "some" who said Singapore license is fine? IDP is needed ontop of Singapore driving license. ;)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.