CAR RENTAL JEJU

Haman

Reaction score
I got the FWD travel insurance which comes with $500 excess.

would the chevrolet Spark or kia Morning be a better drive? both same price.
I have no idea on the drive. I got myself an Avante from Tamra, for 3 days, at $137, total with full protection, 0 excess for my coming trip in May. Hope the deal is good..my FWD is also 500 excess.

Dexter71

Reaction score
Frds

For those that rent via Lotte Car Rental, do you collect from near airport or at the Lotte Hotel?

I am thinking whether I should do the following

- Collect car upon arrival then stay at Jeju City for one night then go Sweigpo
or
- Go to Lotte Jeju hotel stay one night upon arrival and collect car next day.

Thx

Haman

Reaction score
By the way, how's the road lights conditions at night there? Are they similar to Singapore or Malaysia type? Thanks.

kashanai

Reaction score
There’s a shuttle to the pick up location about 5-10 mins away

Approx 10 mins every shuttle

Frds

For those that rent via Lotte Car Rental, do you collect from near airport or at the Lotte Hotel?

I am thinking whether I should do the following

- Collect car upon arrival then stay at Jeju City for one night then go Sweigpo
or
- Go to Lotte Jeju hotel stay one night upon arrival and collect car next day.

Thx

kashanai

Reaction score
I’m just back from jeju. How would you define light conditions ?

In the city is brightly lighted. I’m actually more annoyed by the multiple humps or fake humps and 60km/hr speed limit

By the way, how's the road lights conditions at night there? Are they similar to Singapore or Malaysia type? Thanks.

Haman

Reaction score
I’m just back from jeju. How would you define light conditions ?

In the city is brightly lighted. I’m actually more annoyed by the multiple humps or fake humps and 60km/hr speed limit

Those roads outside the city area I mean..like rural area if there are any..example like travelling on Malaysia roads, thanks.

kashanai

Reaction score
There ain’t much rural areas , most roads are fine. Easy to drive. Just download the map, google map don’t work

Those roads outside the city area I mean..like rural area if there are any..example like travelling on Malaysia roads, thanks.

Haman

Reaction score
Thanks, downloaded both Navermap and Kakaomap n put in the places in Kakao already..

ms.piglett

Reaction score
There ain’t much rural areas , most roads are fine. Easy to drive. Just download the map, google map don’t work

there ARE rural areas, just that those areas are not places tourists would go. i used to live near camilia hill for 8.5 months. if you have been there before, you will know how kampung that area is.

there are also places which are not as well lit as singapore roads at night so just be a little more careful when driving at night, especially when you are making turns.

Haman

Reaction score
there ARE rural areas, just that those areas are not places tourists would go. i used to live near camilia hill for 8.5 months. if you have been there before, you will know how kampung that area is.

there are also places which are not as well lit as singapore roads at night so just be a little more careful when driving at night, especially when you are making turns.
Thank you and noted.

cryingsmiley

Reaction score
For driving in Jeju and using the GPS, I need to enter the phone number of the location? if totally don’t know Korean, is it okay? Thanks

speedy94

Reaction score
Just drove in Jeju, the phone number is needed for input into GPS. If not, you would need to know the korean name for the address of the place you are going to

ms.piglett

Reaction score
Those who are coming before 21 June, if you are prefer not to drive and find taking buses inconvenient, please PM me. I can take you in my car. :)

cwhchew

Reaction score
I just got car from Lotte Car Rental... Not sure if I should have gotten from hertz instead with amex promo :/

Eripmav

Reaction score
May i ask if there is car rental company in Seogwipo city?

it will be much easier for me that way

Dexter71

Reaction score
peeps

just back from my trip

jeju is so easy to drive even its on the right..no issue adapting on 1st day upon arrival via red eye...gps on the car is great and can accept both phone numbers and english names.

car collection n return with lotte car rental is smooth too..i opted for 0 excess hence nothing to worry about dinks dents or scratches...you don't even need to do pre inspection upon collection LOL

anyway you cant drive fast there too in the suburbs due to humps and cameras so just take it easy.

also there are no tolls and plenty of carparks to be found near tourist places including multi story car parks near tourist markets...parking fee is either via attendant or machine at exit....so no sweat.

no regrets choosing self drive!!

safe driving

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
peeps

just back from my trip

jeju is so easy to drive even its on the right..no issue adapting on 1st day upon arrival via red eye...gps on the car is great and can accept both phone numbers and english names.

car collection n return with lotte car rental is smooth too..i opted for 0 excess hence nothing to worry about dinks dents or scratches...you don't even need to do pre inspection upon collection LOL

anyway you cant drive fast there too in the suburbs due to humps and cameras so just take it easy.

also there are no tolls and plenty of carparks to be found near tourist places including multi story car parks near tourist markets...parking fee is either via attendant or machine at exit....so no sweat.

no regrets choosing self drive!!

safe driving
what car did you book? i realized AJ car is cheaper than lotte, comparing the cheapest same morning/spark. tho i booked the convertible.

iichigoz

Reaction score
Hi guys can anyone advise?

While registering on the lotte car rental website, when they ask to input the license no, is it the no on the International license or my singapore driver's license which is my ic?

Thanks!

Upzzzz

Reaction score
The IDP number. Do not wait till last minute then book the car.

Hi guys can anyone advise?

While registering on the lotte car rental website, when they ask to input the license no, is it the no on the International license or my singapore driver's license which is my ic?

Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.