HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

First week of April 2018 able to see Cherry Blossom?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2017, 09:06 PM   #1
Master Member

First week of April 2018 able to see Cherry Blossom?

As title above. Hesitating to book air tickets, not sure book from end march or first week of April onwards.. anybody heading to Korea next year for Cherry Blossom? Which month are you going?
Bak_Chor_Mee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 10:54 PM   #2

Went first week April this year
https://moncochon.wordpress.com/2017...7-south-korea/
juxtaposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 11:12 AM   #3
Master Member

Hi, damn nice photos! How much were ur air tickets and which flight u took?
Old 30-11-2017, 03:02 PM   #4

Korean Air $674/pax

Hi, damn nice photos! How much were ur air tickets and which flight u took?
Old 30-11-2017, 04:05 PM   #5

going end mar 2018 till early apr

korean air 832 flying to jeju n busan also
Old 04-12-2017, 01:17 AM   #6

reach ard 1st april.. safest. if u intend to put jinhae as itinerary, do not confirm your day or overnight trip till its near april. Earlier by 2 days make a difference in the flowers open. monitor kto website for the forcast. check jinhae webpg for tracking the flower bloom dates.
Jane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:33 PM   #7
Master Member

Normally how many months is the safest to book air flight ticket? Taking into consideration that the prices most likely will increase nearer to the date.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:40 PM   #8

Jinhae Cherryblossom Festival this year was held from 1st of April to 10th of April according to this page. Maybe different according to where about in Korea you travelled to. But 1st week seems fine.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:21 PM   #9

As title above. Hesitating to book air tickets, not sure book from end march or first week of April onwards.. anybody heading to Korea next year for Cherry Blossom? Which month are you going?
I booked my flight on the 2nd week of April to Seoul. Typically Cherry Blossom in Seoul is 1 week later than Busan. If Jinhae Cherryblossom Festival (southern part of SK) this year was held from 1st of April to 10th of April, it should mean Seoul should start 6-8 April. I am taking a bet on it, don't quote me if we go there and see nothing. lol
rs13dude78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #10
Master Member

Hi guys, if wanna go Jeju.. need to fly by from Gimpo airport? Are there any alternative if leaving from Seoul? Also which is more cost saving? Fly domestic via Gimpo or ?
Old 06-12-2017, 01:10 PM   #11

If u fly from china, got direct n cheap to Jeju.

Hi guys, if wanna go Jeju.. need to fly by from Gimpo airport? Are there any alternative if leaving from Seoul? Also which is more cost saving? Fly domestic via Gimpo or ?
Old 06-12-2017, 09:45 PM   #12
Master Member

u mean fly to china.. fly to jeju (probably stay 1-2 nights), after that domestic flight to seoul?
Old 08-12-2017, 10:45 AM   #13

u mean fly to china.. fly to jeju (probably stay 1-2 nights), after that domestic flight to seoul?
you can check out china eastern airlines. i have been flying with them to jeju island a few times this year, another trip in 2 weeks' time. route is from singapore to shanghai then to jeju. price is usually lower than flying from singapore to incheon. sometimes flight can be quite empty. but return flight from jeju to shanghai is usually heavily loaded with PRC. but bearable since it's just a 1+hrs flight.

and if u choose this route, yes, u have to take another domestic flight to gimpo airport to go to seoul.
ms.piglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:59 PM   #14
Master Member

you can check out china eastern airlines. i have been flying with them to jeju island a few times this year, another trip in 2 weeks' time. route is from singapore to shanghai then to jeju. price is usually lower than flying from singapore to incheon. sometimes flight can be quite empty. but return flight from jeju to shanghai is usually heavily loaded with PRC. but bearable since it's just a 1+hrs flight.

and if u choose this route, yes, u have to take another domestic flight to gimpo airport to go to seoul.
How come shanghai to Jeju not as crowded as the other way?
saffronsatire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:08 PM   #15

How come shanghai to Jeju not as crowded as the other way?
my guess is that it is because of the flight timing. my flight from shanghai to jeju was at 10+am.
ms.piglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.