Great BBQ experience in Myeong Dong

banbleh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
明洞会馆 - Great BBQ experience in Myeong Dong

Wife and I stayed in Seoul for 15 days and went about eating like hungry nuts, had BBQ at many places including multiple joints in Hongdae. This place is the freaking best for its price and I really must recommend it to you guys. The food is good, the uncle is really friendly and helpful and we truly experienced Korean hospitality at its best.

Pictures are from a camera phone so please excuse the low quality.

First the spread
4iEeXor.jpg

The wooden platter of assorted Korean beef, picture shows 1 platter but we got 2 of it. It came with a small serving of marinated raw beef. Yep, supposed to eat it raw. The small side dishes we got refilled quite a few times and we ate a crazy amount of lettuce, uncle refilled our lettuce tray like 7 or 8 times.

A pic of the steak on the bbq
fNMug8K.jpg

Apart from this steak, there's cubes of beef rib and rolls of thinly sliced beef.

Friendly Korean owner of the place with us
2iupTXX.jpg

We had an amazing meal, owner was very friendly even though we could hardly communicate. He taught us how to cook the meat properly, wrap the food in the lettuce and to eat it in 1 mouthful, kept refilling our food items without us asking. He was VERY nice.

Sad thing was that we only chanced upon this place on our last day there and couldn't go back. So I'm posting this here to let you guys know of this place and hopefully bring him some business, he super deserves it la.

This place is right along the Chinese embassy along a row of eateries and money changers. Spot a yellow stand/sign with a muhan dojeon/infinity challenge symbol (pic below) and go up to the 2nd floor.

tumblr_static_mbc_-_infinity_challenge_transparent.png

This is the owner's namecard with the address.
d0eygEM.jpg

The beef you see on this pic is almost exactly what came on the wooden platter, pic just has a little more beef rib. Its not 29.9k won either, about 24k I think.

Back of it
KV8LDf3.jpg

Go visit this place if you have the time, wife and i had a wonderful meal and experience there. We paid about 52k won inclusive of 2 beers. Freaking worth it :s22: 明洞会馆 daebak!

*Googled it and it seems like the meat is buffet style free flow, no wonder the uncle asked if we would like a 3rd serving.. We were already so full though, can't eat anymore..

Last edited:

cielru

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looks really good :o:o:o
do they have non beef like chicken or pork though? :s22:

Bishio

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
woah great find! will keep it in my list of places to eat.

yennylee_89

Reaction score
Hongdae

Aside from Myungdong, you may also want to go to HOngdae for the restaurants. I have this one favorite: Paljamakchang.

tumblr_mzh0smL7KL1qbnis8o1_500.jpg

It's not about beef though. It's about makchang, sort of pig intestines which was grilled and dipped in korean sauces and pastes. I loved itttt. It's really difficult to stop at one serving. HAhaaha

The restaurant is recently featured in EXO Showtime so expect to eat with fangirls there hahaha
MANAGER-HYUNG: [EXO Showtime] EXO at Paljamakchang Restaurant

evolutionxr

Reaction score
I just ate here a few days ago. Super friendly owner. Food is good too. Highly recommended

Panzerf

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I recommend Hong Bar at MYD. Free flow buffet and price is more than worth it for all the meat they are offering.

UuQzp5R.jpg

QsCiI5C.jpg

Last edited:

seanysp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aside from Myungdong, you may also want to go to HOngdae for the restaurants. I have this one favorite: Paljamakchang.

tumblr_mzh0smL7KL1qbnis8o1_500.jpg

It's not about beef though. It's about makchang, sort of pig intestines which was grilled and dipped in korean sauces and pastes. I loved itttt. It's really difficult to stop at one serving. HAhaaha

The restaurant is recently featured in EXO Showtime so expect to eat with fangirls there hahaha
MANAGER-HYUNG: [EXO Showtime] EXO at Paljamakchang Restaurant

this one is haha's restaurant...

Panzerf

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah siao looks damn nice. ex anot ah

U got the address for Hong Bar? Can't seems to find it =(

not ex only around sgd 15.

Sorry , i forgot to take namecard when i was there but it was pretty easy for me to find.

At MYD subway exit to MYD, just walk straight, turn right on the first intersection walk straight then turn left on the next intersection.

chicbeautysg

Reaction score
i feel that the prices of the bbq in myeong dong are similarly priced.

and the best part is that they can speak chinese!

i love the beer in korea. hite and bbq... cant go wrong with that combination.

Panzerf

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not ex only around sgd 15.

Sorry , i forgot to take namecard when i was there but it was pretty easy for me to find.

At MYD subway exit to MYD, just walk straight, turn right on the first intersection walk straight then turn left on the next intersection.

Directions: From Myeongdong Station, line 4, exit 6, turn right after Uniqlo. Yoogane is on your left.

it is very near the chicken galbi store from dawn lee blog.

Look up for signage at second floor

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.