HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

how to start a trip to Korea?

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2018, 08:07 PM   #1

how to start a trip to Korea?

Hi, i am planning for a family trip to Korea in early Nov 18. First time to Korea. so how should i start?

i am 2 adults and 1 14 year old gal, looking at 11 to 13 days of travel, as i google, it seem for first time it best just to go Seoul and Jeju .

in both places any recommended places? traveling between these two places only by plane or there is train service , like JR pass?

any app like hyperial which is useful in Korea for traveler?

Pardon me as i am first time , need some guide to start with.

Thks.
Old 09-01-2018, 01:53 PM   #2

google is your best frend.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:41 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, i am planning for a family trip to Korea in early Nov 18. First time to Korea. so how should i start?

i am 2 adults and 1 14 year old gal, looking at 11 to 13 days of travel, as i google, it seem for first time it best just to go Seoul and Jeju .

in both places any recommended places? traveling between these two places only by plane or there is train service , like JR pass?

Thks.
https://wikitravel.org/en/Jeju
Old 26-01-2018, 11:05 PM   #4

Thks.
What you planning to do? Shopping? Skiing?

To travel to Jeju you need to take a plane from Seoul or ferry from Busan
UrPropertyInfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 01:45 PM   #5

Thks.
When I travelled to Korea, I used this website below to look for stuff to do and for other info. They're pretty resourceful. (https://www.trazy.com/things-to-do/korea)
Old 26-02-2018, 09:11 PM   #6

I took a plane from seoul to jeju last december. oh but it was super difficult to get a cab from jeju airport. we had to wait for close to an hour in cold weather (outdoor)
sleepyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 09:15 PM   #7

For seoul, u can go shopping (although november winter fashion). I like Doota mall at dongdaemun. Common Ground is not bad too (although quite small). U can also book for day trips, e.g to lotte world or nami island
Old 26-02-2018, 09:19 PM   #8

I like jeju actually. My family booked a private van with a driver (who was very good and acted like a guide) from trazy. the price is super reasonable. we went to pick tangerines (quite fun and can eat many tangerines), went to herb dongsan (i like this place, u shld go for the foot spa too), visited waterfalls, went to a crater and took pictures in green tea fields. jeju is much more relaxing compared to seoul! good to have local driver because they can bring u to good food places and bring u to places locals go for nice photos
Old 27-02-2018, 07:11 PM   #9
Master Member

For seoul, u can go shopping (although november winter fashion). I like Doota mall at dongdaemun. Common Ground is not bad too (although quite small). U can also book for day trips, e.g to lotte world or nami island
how's commonground? the thingd there more atas/expensive?
ash like snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:32 AM   #10

Plan a trip around areas that you want to go. For eg) Hong Dae & EEwha are famous for shopping, LeeTaeWon is famous for bars and drinking & Gangnam and Myeongdong has a lot of food places to go to!
nutellaaa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 10:17 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

how's commonground? the thingd there more atas/expensive?
Common Ground sell youngster stuff, and the things are much more expensive.
Ye_Rongtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 03:32 PM   #12

Plan a trip around areas that you want to go. For eg) Hong Dae & EEwha are famous for shopping, LeeTaeWon is famous for bars and drinking & Gangnam and Myeongdong has a lot of food places to go to!
u mean itaewon, for bars and drinking?
Old 19-03-2018, 01:13 PM   #13
Master Member

How much is recommended to change for a 8D7N Korea trip? Factoring in daily meals, transport and some souvenirs..

Me and my wife are more to sight-seeing and not those shopaholics kind..
Bak_Chor_Mee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 09:42 PM   #14
Master Member

Up!!

How much normally would you guys change for a week in Korea? Heard the eating there is quite exp.. would 1.3k be enuff for 2 of us?
Bak_Chor_Mee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 11:04 AM   #15

Up!!

How much normally would you guys change for a week in Korea? Heard the eating there is quite exp.. would 1.3k be enuff for 2 of us?
a standard meal usually cost between 8k to 10k won per pax, more expensive than sg but portion is x2 of sg's. a BBQ meal for 2 will on average cost about 20-30k. seafood will of course cost more, probably 50k won on average for 2, depending on your order. standard street food about 3k to 5k max.

above is only a guide, and i think 1.3k maybe not that sufficient. also need to factor in the cost to buy souvenirs home.
ms.piglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.