Pls help to see my Seoul/Busan itinerary

CrunchTime

Reaction score
My parents and I will be in Seoul/Busan from 18 to 25 Oct 2018 to celebrate their birthdays. We like sightseeing (although parents cant hike/climb steep slopes), shopping and great food, less in museums/temples. Can help me to comment on my tentative itinerary below pls:

DAY 1 - Thurs:
- Arrive in Seoul
- Airport limousine bus to Hongik University station
- Walk to our hongdae hotel - RYSE Hotel, Autograph Collection (2 nights)

DAY 2 - Fri:
- Explore Hongdae area
- Maybe watch NANTA show
- Check out Ewha area for shopping
- Back to Hongdae in the evening for atmosphere and dinner

DAY 3 - Sat:
- KTX train to Busan
- Check-in at Lotte Hotel for 2 nights
- Late lunch in Seomyeon area
- Jalgachi market/BIFF Square/Yongdusan Park/Nampodong
- Back to Seomyeon for night shopping

DAY 4 - Sun:
- Gamcheon Cultural Village in the morning
- Taejongdae for the seaview (take Dabuni tram - do we have time?)
- Haundae Beach (maybe not since its cold) / Dongbaek Island walk/Centum City Mall
- Dinner at Gwangali Beach for sunset and bridge
- Back to Seomyeon

DAY 5 - Mon:
- Late morning train back to Seoul
- Stay at Fraser Place Namdaemun for 3 nights
- Lunch at Tosokchon Samgyetang/Samcheongdong-gil Road/Bukchon Hanok Village/Insadong/Cheongyecheon stream
- Namdaemun Market

DAY 6 - Tues:
- Changdeokgung Palace in the morning
- Explore Myeongdong area (lunch, NANTA show, O'Sulloc, Lotte department store)
- N Seoul Tower in the evening
- Taxi to Noryangjin Fish Market for dinner/post-dinner

DAY 7 - Wed:
[Nami Island + Garden of Morning Calm 7am to 7pm klook tour]
OR
- Garosu-gil/Cheongdamdong/Gangnam/COEX mall
- Eland Cruise via Han River in the evening (40mins long)
- Dongdaemun for night shopping

FINAL DAY - Thurs:
- Hang around Namdaemun area
- Catch 4pm flight back home

In particular, have i grouped the places in order correctly (especially day 3 and 4 in Busan)? Also not sure what else we can do on day 2 in Hongdae... and is it worth going to Nami island at this time to see autumn leaves? If can help me to reorganise my itinerary, that would be greatly appreciated!

Please also recommend any good food places (e.g. for korean bbq, bibimbap, tasty soups) that we must try in seoul/busan since it's our first time.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

registeredname

Reaction score
Day 2
- Skip NANTA show on Day 2, doesn't make sense to watch 2 NANTA shows since you're watching at Myeongdong
- Hongdae is a huge area, you can probably spend the entire day there. If you're sick of Hongdae, maybe can explore Sinchon and Ewha area, both just 1 stop away on the same subway line in the same Mapo district
- Good to go back to Hongdae in the evening, that's when all the street performers come out, lots of restaurants for dinner as well

Day 4
- Gamcheon Cultural Village will take up most of your time and take note that lots of walking and going up stairs/slopes are needed
- No point going so many beaches. True that every beach got their own charm but personally I don't think it's worth it. Just choose 1 and spend a few hours there
- Try the seafood BBQ at Busan at least once, it's cheaper than Seoul and the cockles are as big as your fist
- Can't remember what's the famous place for BBQ called cos I'm based in Seoul, so can't advise. Maybe can try to Google it

Day 7
- I'd go for Nami Island instead of Garosugil/Gangnam. Nothing much unless you're into shopping for local branded stuff. Lots of the things there are mostly international brands
- Do note that the day tour is physically taxing with lots of walking and traveling, so take into consideration your parents' physical situation. Also not too sure what's the weather gonna be like cos it's only mid October but Seoul is already single digit at night, so it's gonna be colder up north
- Can visit Dongdaemun at night after that if you're not too tired

Others:
- Can slot in traditional markets if you run out of places to go. Lots of food and cheaper to buy those seaweed and stuff if you're intending to buy as gifts

Just my 2cents.

CrunchTime

Reaction score
Thanks so much for this, it's very helpful! I will definitely google that seafood BBQ place in Busan.

Just a few follow-up questions if you don't mind:

1) If we have/need to choose one, is it better to visit Gamcheon Cultural Village or Taejongdae Park if my parents are not inclined to taking the stairs/slopes? I think the view of Gamcheon can still be admired from the top? And if Gamcheon, better to go in the morning or evening?

2) Any specific food places to recommend in Hongdae/elsewhere in Seoul?

Other suggestions are also welcome. :)

registeredname

Reaction score
1. Not sure about Taejongdae Park cos I've never been there but Gamcheon is better to go in the morning. You take a bus up and explore the area by walking. There are lots of small alleys accessible only by stairs, and the roads are not flat but hilly. There are shops selling snacks and souvenirs and I don't think they're open till night. It's approaching winter and the days are getting shorter.

2. You may want to try this restaurant that serves BBQ pork belly. It's quite a walk from Hongik University Station but I think it's worth it. They use better quality meats so it's more expensive than the regular samgyeopsal places you find on the streets. Restaurant name is 도적, it's in a small alley along the main road near Sangsu station.

https://blog.naver.com/dduni_c/220865929205

The address can be found at the bottom of the post.

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
i am also heading to Seoul / Busan / Seoul.

Going on Oct 17 to Oct 30th, about 14 days.

first 6 days in seoul then head to busan for 5 days and back in Seoul for 4 days.

Will compare my itinerary with yours~

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For shopping, you can include dongdaemun which has 5-6 shopping malls clustered together. There is also a small market called gwangjang market nearby.

For Day 5, IMO namdaemun market has nothing much there. If u stay near it, i suggest u start off with that and then just head to other places.

For Day 1, you can consider taking train to Hongik Uni under the ALL-STOPS train. Shld be a 1 hr ride but better than bus coz not subjected to traffic conditions.

Last edited:

CrunchTime

Reaction score
Thanks guys - will follow your suggestions, shadow84! Yup, plan to have ginseng chicken soup when we are there.. although afraid that the popular Toksokchon will be crowded so may have to look for an alternative.

Is the following itinerary for Busan ok? not sure if I've grouped the places correctly - please feel free to suggest any changes. I will include seafood BBQ somewhere..

DAY 3 - Sat:
- KTX train to Busan
- Jalgachi market/BIFF Square/Yongdusan Park/Nampodong
- Back to Seomyeon for night shopping

DAY 4 - Sun:
- Gamcheon Cultural Village in the morning
- Cab from Gamcheon to Taejongdae for the seaview (will take the Danubi train)
- Haundae Beach (maybe not since its cold)
- Explore Centum City Mall
- Dinner at Gwangali Beach for sunset and bridge - any recommendation would be great!
- Back to Seomyeon for more shopping/food

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Busan tower is a 15 min walk from BUFF, can consider going there as well. After the view abive, ppl will go thru vatious tooms which are instagrammable. If not just go ssll.

Isnt taejongdae park like opposite end from gamcheon village in busan?

Centum mall IMO, is like ion. Nth much to explore other than their 15k won entry fee for spa, no kids below 12 allowed. A quiet and serene place to relax.

Last edited:

CrunchTime

Reaction score
Busan tower is a 15 min walk from BUFF, can consider going there as well. After the view abive, ppl will go thru vatious tooms which are instagrammable. If not just go ssll.

Isnt taejongdae park like opposite end from gamcheon village in busan?

Centum mall IMO, is like ion. Nth much to explore other than their 15k won entry fee for spa, no kids below 12 allowed. A quiet and serene place to relax.

Thanks again - will consider going to Busan Tower and skip Centum mall! What's "ssll"?

On Taejongdae park, yeah that's why we plan to take the cab there but it is not a must-see. If we skip it, where would you recommend we go after Gamcheon village?

Actually, I was wondering if we should do Gamcheon village > Nampodong area on the same day instead (day 2) since i see that's what most ppl do, but then day 1 in Busan will just be in Seomyeon which seems a bit not adventurous...

Lastly, ive done a bit of research myself but you seem to know seoul well - any food places to recommend in seoul or busan? hehe thanks!

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks again - will consider going to Busan Tower and skip Centum mall! What's "ssll"?

On Taejongdae park, yeah that's why we plan to take the cab there but it is not a must-see. If we skip it, where would you recommend we go after Gamcheon village?

Actually, I was wondering if we should do Gamcheon village > Nampodong area on the same day instead (day 2) since i see that's what most ppl do, but then day 1 in Busan will just be in Seomyeon which seems a bit not adventurous...

Lastly, ive done a bit of research myself but you seem to know seoul well - any food places to recommend in seoul or busan? hehe thanks!

ssll is see see look look. Centum mall is worth it for the spa. A lot of facilities and quite a relaxing place. I went there in nov 2017, outside got a nice foliage of autumn leaves along the river. Quite nice view. I previously planned half of afternoon here though, in the end spent 3 hrs there. lol.

Gamcheon village can be done in half a day, u can go in morning or so. Nampo gt nth much, maybe after Gamcheon, u can head to jalgachi for lunch since its along the way. Try their king crab, 40k won per kg.

seomyeon to me is like a very big bugis/ION. if u like shopping, u can try there. if not, i walked about BIFF square which is quite near to busan tower. Got a lot of small shops and eateries.

CrunchTime

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I'm in Seoul now, will be heading to Busan tomorrow. Will do as you guys say.. any particular must-try in Busan?

Also, any ways I can improve day 2 in Busan? is it possible to fit in seafood bbq at Cheongsapo in our itinerary? (understand that's the best place for seafood bbq). thanks!

DAY 3 - Sat:
- KTX train to Busan
- Jalgachi market/BIFF Square/Yongdusan Park + Busan Tower/Nampodong
- Back to Seomyeon

DAY 4 - Sun:
- Haedong Yonggung Temple (possible to do this before Gamcheon?)
- Gamcheon Cultural Village
- Centum City Mall
- Dinner at Gwangali Beach for sunset and bridge (have not decided where yet)
- Back to Seomyeon

Last edited:

gloryyang

Reaction score
i would love to hear how your trip to seoul and busan went!! what's the must see in busan? haha

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
i would love to hear how your trip to seoul and busan went!! what's the must see in busan? haha

I am currently at busan, last week was in Seoul. Comparing Seoul and busan, Seoul has more to do.

Taejongdae has nice scenery. But need to climb alot of stairs and hike a little.

gloryyang

Reaction score
I am currently at busan, last week was in Seoul. Comparing Seoul and busan, Seoul has more to do.

Taejongdae has nice scenery. But need to climb alot of stairs and hike a little.

Nice! What's the fun stuff to do in Seoul that usual travel agencies wont bring you to go or where would you recommend? :)

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice! What's the fun stuff to do in Seoul that usual travel agencies wont bring you to go or where would you recommend? :)

Go google search on Seoul blogs/vlogs and see the places that they go. Then u decide if u would wanna go or not.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.