Seoul Local Tour Agents

cobi

Reaction score
Hi all, i was thinking of booking a day trip to Nami Island with hotel pickup/dropoff mid december. I will be staying in myongdong area. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance :)

aromilk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i was thinking of booking a day trip to Nami Island with hotel pickup/dropoff mid december. I will be staying in myongdong area. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance :)

Go yourself... it's easy. I just did it 2 weeks ago.

Take to Yongsan station via metro. Myeongdong is on Line 4. So take to Seoul station and transfer to Line 1 to Yongsan. Subway is KRW 1250

At Yongsan, purchase the ITX ticket to Gapyeong at KRW 5200 (assigned seats). Journey takes 1 hour

At Gapyeong, go to the taxi stand and take a cab to the Nami Island. Only 5 min ride and cost between KRW 3000-3700

At the ferry terminal, purchase the ferry ticket which includes the admission to Nami Island. KRW 8000.

If doing the return, just double the cab, and train fares.

Total would be KRW 26900. Round up to 27k. Which is around $32-35.

Most tour agency would not just do Nami Island and the starting cost is from SGD $70 onwards

cobi

Reaction score
Looks easy. Noted. Thanks :):)
Go yourself... it's easy. I just did it 2 weeks ago.

Take to Yongsan station via metro. Myeongdong is on Line 4. So take to Seoul station and transfer to Line 1 to Yongsan. Subway is KRW 1250

At Yongsan, purchase the ITX ticket to Gapyeong at KRW 5200 (assigned seats). Journey takes 1 hour

At Gapyeong, go to the taxi stand and take a cab to the Nami Island. Only 5 min ride and cost between KRW 3000-3700

At the ferry terminal, purchase the ferry ticket which includes the admission to Nami Island. KRW 8000.

If doing the return, just double the cab, and train fares.

Total would be KRW 26900. Round up to 27k. Which is around $32-35.

Most tour agency would not just do Nami Island and the starting cost is from SGD $70 onwards

aromilk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks easy. Noted. Thanks :):)

Yeah. Not difficult.

The only potentially confusing part is when waiting for the ITX train. Cos the platform services different train lines and the LED display is showing 90% korean unlike in Japan where they alternate between english and japanese display.

If unsure, just ask other passengers for help. I realised the koreans are actually very helpful too.

aromilk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pack super thick jackets... cos it is very cold. It snowed when we were on Nami 2 weeks ago. I imagine mid Dec would be frigid! If really cannot tahan, they have pits of burning logs where you can keep warm. Try to reach there before lunch cos after lunch, all the tour groups would have arrived.

And we spent almost the whole day there on Nami island from 11 am to 730 pm.

Pic taken from a blog

DSC03014.JPG

Irenicis

Master Member
Reaction score
Pack super thick jackets... cos it is very cold. It snowed when we were on Nami 2 weeks ago. I imagine mid Dec would be frigid! If really cannot tahan, they have pits of burning logs where you can keep warm. Try to reach there before lunch cos after lunch, all the tour groups would have arrived.

And we spent almost the whole day there on Nami island from 11 am to 730 pm.

Pic taken from a blog

DSC03014.JPG

Haha Nami Island can stay for so long?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.