Won Exchange Rate

3xistence

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was comparing the rates on myeongdong last week when i was there and sg's exchange rate via cashchanger and it seems like its no longer better to change at myeongdong compared to sg already.

tjoeshue2000

Reaction score
Yes, was quite shocked, lucky I always change 50 percent arcade 50 percent myeondong china embassy

I got at arcade 821, myeondong got only 816 today

Big_Boy

Reaction score
Seems like today's rate is the highest in 60 days based on the cashchanger site... but looking at the trend, like moving further up... btw, not expert though... just my 2 cents opinion...

happyko

Reaction score
There are many money exchange at Myeongdong. Really need to check around first before doing the exchange, especially if you're not familiar with the area. Today's rate, some offer as low as 800 to the higher one at 813.
I believe doing the exchange in SG is still the best, unless you bo bian like me, run out of WON to spend.

Iamtyn

Reaction score
KRW to SGD

Hi, I’ve some KRW for exchange.

KRW 151000

10,000 notes x14
5,000 notes x1
1,000 notes x6

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did not specifically went looking ard for the best rates... but most money changers there were trading at 780-800... mostly 790... at Myeongdong...

Dongdaemun is worst... I dun even see 800... mostly below 790...

I just left Seoul on Friday...

Do change ur Won in Singapore first...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.