HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[OFFICIAL] LG V50

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2019, 08:43 PM   #181

Has been using the V50 for few weeks. Bought it because of the quad DAC for music playing. Fantastic sounding from Tidal MQA and sound quality is 70% to 80% of dedicated music DAPs worth up to $600 to $1k level. Normally I use one screen for Tidal and the other screen to surf the net. After firmware update last week, added wide mode on chrome browser and make the duo screen more useful as web page now spread to 2 screens. Negative will be battery life could be better but I think due to duo screen and I am streaming music most of the time. Weight is a bit heavy but duo screen is to be expected I guess. Just sharing with those looking for a great sounding phone for music.
Evolution9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:31 PM   #182

Has been using the V50 for few weeks. Bought it because of the quad DAC for music playing. Fantastic sounding from Tidal MQA and sound quality is 70% to 80% of dedicated music DAPs worth up to $600 to $1k level. Normally I use one screen for Tidal and the other screen to surf the net. After firmware update last week, added wide mode on chrome browser and make the duo screen more useful as web page now spread to 2 screens. Negative will be battery life could be better but I think due to duo screen and I am streaming music most of the time. Weight is a bit heavy but duo screen is to be expected I guess. Just sharing with those looking for a great sounding phone for music.
Great! I’m using V30 as my music player too for playing FLAC ripped from my cd collections and also bluetooth music to my car. V30 is a great overall phone, so I think V50 won’t disappoint me too.

You have updated the firmware thru LG bridge?
calvinchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:59 PM   #183
Supremacy Member

Not an audiophile, but +1 for you
Old 12-10-2019, 03:27 PM   #184

Great! Iím using V30 as my music player too for playing FLAC ripped from my cd collections and also bluetooth music to my car. V30 is a great overall phone, so I think V50 wonít disappoint me too.

You have updated the firmware thru LG bridge?
Got notification to update so I updated. LG quad DAC is good. Cheers.
Evolution9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #185
Supremacy Member

Not only flac. can play dsd format too
azz909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:39 PM   #186
Supremacy Member

those who bought screen protector for both dual screen and phone.. can share which one you bought and how is it so far?

Also anyone removed the dual clock on lock screen?

Last edited by rhexis07; 12-10-2019 at 08:46 PM..
rhexis07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 07:01 AM   #187

those who bought screen protector for both dual screen and phone.. can share which one you bought and how is it so far?

Also anyone removed the dual clock on lock screen?
Go download the app quick shortcut maker. At the top, change the incremental search to normal search. Search for clock. There is one of the items under the clock which show roaming stuff, unselect the roaming clock and press try. It should remove the korean clock.
Shadowz1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 12:59 PM   #188
Supremacy Member

Go download the app quick shortcut maker. At the top, change the incremental search to normal search. Search for clock. There is one of the items under the clock which show roaming stuff, unselect the roaming clock and press try. It should remove the korean clock.
Hmm I did this unselected use roaming dual clock.

But it still appear leh.
Old 14-10-2019, 02:25 PM   #189

I finally addressed the battery drain issue. The NFC option was on all the time and was slowly draining the phone. Switched off since morning and observing significant improvements.
calvinchoy likes this.
Dhalsim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 07:10 PM   #190

Finally got the phone today.

You can choose English as the language in the top options in the initial setup. From there onwards all setup will be in English.

Now need to find screen protectors for the phone.
Old 14-10-2019, 08:06 PM   #191
Supremacy Member

So far you all got notice the 5G back light or not?
Old 14-10-2019, 09:20 PM   #192

So far you all got notice the 5G back light or not?
Yes. I noticed it will light up when you turn on the phone. Other than that didn't take note.
Old 15-10-2019, 09:00 AM   #193
Supremacy Member

I finally addressed the battery drain issue. The NFC option was on all the time and was slowly draining the phone. Switched off since morning and observing significant improvements.
Dhalsim you managed to remove the roaming clock through app shortcut maker?
Old 15-10-2019, 01:50 PM   #194

Dhalsim you managed to remove the roaming clock through app shortcut maker?
Havent try yet, was figuring out how to do it via the settings initially but couldnt figure out how.
Dhalsim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 02:37 PM   #195

Havent try yet, was figuring out how to do it via the settings initially but couldnt figure out how.
May I know which screen protectors you got from ezbuy? I went to a few handphone shops but non selling screen protector for LG V40/50....

Thanks.

Last edited by calvinchoy; 15-10-2019 at 03:02 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.