[OFFICIAL] LG V50

berber

Master Member
Reaction score
Seems like v50s (or g8x) would be a better choice than v50 from dual screen perspective. The secondary screen for multi-tasking is very attractive. Though I still love my mate 20x. Either get a cheaper v50 (waiting for the next coupon on qoo10 and buy from up system) or wait for v50s to drop
also worth noting that charging on the v50s with the case is abit more cubersome as need to use the magnetic type c adapter

smeagoly

Reaction score
also worth noting that charging on the v50s with the case is abit more cubersome as need to use the magnetic type c adapter
Yes I saw the YouTube video, does seem quite easy to lose the adapter and will be troublesome to replace.

sadly my brand new v50 started developing a line of dead pixel :( sent it back to korea for warranty
Did you get it via qoo10? Hope you get a new replacement soon

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Contrary to your statement, most ppl will leave the adapter fixed to the USB cable...
when want to charge, just move the adapted cable near to the port and it will connect.....

Very good for use in car... no need to fumble with two hands.... bring the USB cable with adapter head to the phone case and let the magnet do the work.... in fact it is much easier.

gws898

Reaction score
Looks like now LG Smartworld Korea doesn't provide new free themes anymore. Now mostly paid themes and even with Korean account, it's also pain in the star to buy compare to outside Korea.

Outside Korea at least still can use paypal to pay.
Sent from LGE LM-V500N using GAGT

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like now LG Smartworld Korea doesn't provide new free themes anymore. Now mostly paid themes and even with Korean account, it's also pain in the star to buy compare to outside Korea.

Try searching on Google Play - "V50 Theme" or "LG Theme". Some it's free.

Sent from OnePlus 7T Pro ~Mclaren Edition~ using GAGT

calvinchoy

Reaction score

You still can get the free themes.

Go to settings->display->wallpaper & theme->theme tab->then choose the 2nd one under recommended.

Those are all the free themes.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone experiencing their lg v50 dual screen randomly turning off? Like goes black then come back then goes black again....

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine when the phone is hot it will have a message let phone cool down before updating firmware. If I were to update firmware

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro Purple using GAGT

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score
Phone + Dual case with $80 voucher $522
GST and handling fee of $49.47
Total: $571.47

This is the price to beat for 11.11 sales gentlemen!

berber

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes I saw the YouTube video, does seem quite easy to lose the adapter and will be troublesome to replace.

Did you get it via qoo10? Hope you get a new replacement soon
yup got it from qoo10

Contrary to your statement, most ppl will leave the adapter fixed to the USB cable...
when want to charge, just move the adapted cable near to the port and it will connect.....

Very good for use in car... no need to fumble with two hands.... bring the USB cable with adapter head to the phone case and let the magnet do the work.... in fact it is much easier.
that's true, perhaps this design is more improved in the dual screen power consumption as well

holy shucks. how do you send back to korea? You mail to LG Office in Korea?
got my set from qoo10, so i shipped it back to the seller, luckily they still accept return for warranty after the usual 7/14 days policy.. but i have to bear the shipping cost to and fro :( hopefully won't get tax or else gonna end up quite a hefty return

speedknight

Reaction score
realize it's probably because my phone was overheating since i turn on brightness to the max
My was loose connection...think the ribbon Came loose during shipment... Had a scare when I first receive the phone... Then I push the 2 halves gently the screen came on hahaha...

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

:s12::s12::s12: **calling alex's pager**

siang kar pager? haha

Anyway, quick summary review for those who don't want to watch video.

I like it a lot more than the V40. It's not as pretty looking, it's thicker, it's heavier, etc. But LG improved the hardware a lot, especially in regards to battery size, which I felt was very lacking on the V40.

Software is still very much LG. Design looks a bit dated, which isn't a huge deal. But I feel like their own apps and settings not as responsive as other phones with similar specs. Like in the settings app, there is like a split second delay when I tap something. Not sure if it's the touch response, or just poorer optimisation, but even older phones like the Pixel 3 feels more responsive. Even compared to Chinese phones' UI, it seems to lose out. Just nitpicking here though, it's still usable and decent enough.

Battery life as mentioned, is now finally good. Whereas I would struggle to get a day of use on the V40 sometimes.

Stereo speaker is not as good sounding as most phones with dual speakers that I've tested, but it's better than just having 1 speaker at the bottom.

Camera performance is much better than V40 for some reason too, even though hardware seems similar. Comparing to shots I took with the V40, the colours are better, image processing looks nicer, better dynamic range, etc. It's better in like almost every way. So kudos to LG for figuring things out. camera app is still a bit sluggish though and a little messy. also still not dedicated night mode. they have like a night view mode or what, but that is like just adjusting the exposure only, not doing the same type of computational photography like on other phones. zzz.

The ultra wide angle camera is the highlight here. It's noticeably better than other phones that I've tested like the note10 and iPhone 11. Less wide, but better image quality, better distortion correction, better sharpness even at the corners, and most importantly, it's good looking even at night.

Overall, it's a good all rounder, in the sense that it has almost all the features from modern flagship phones. IP68, wireless charging, flagship chipset SD855, triple camera, stereo speakers. And it even has some features that are becoming extinct like 3.5mm jack and microSD card slot.

I was able to compare it with the NEX 3 with AKM AK4377A DAC, and I think the ESS Sabre DAC here is probably still a bit better.

However, other than ultra wide angle camera, audio jack quality, and perhaps the dual screen case, the rest of the phone doesn't really stand out as much. So like the screen is just okay, performance is just okay, the main camera is just okay, design is just okay, battery life is just okay, etc. So I feel like unless you're specifically looking for those features, there are probably better options out there that can offer more in areas that most people care about.

but it is still a good all rounder though, and if you can grab one at a cheaper price, it's a great alternative to other budget flagship devices.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.