[OFFICIAL] LG V50

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my last LG was V10
indeed it was awesome. removable battery was awesome!
just need to bring along the free extra battery, don't have to worry whole day out.
the built in DAC is also good for wired headphones

i just love the tiny screen of v10 that gives subtle notifications.
I see LG always innovates but thier tech can't seem to catch on with the masses.

Dhalsim

Reaction score
Dual screen LG G8x just got released as well, hopefully the V50 price will drop!

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dual screen LG G8x just got released as well, hopefully the V50 price will drop!
Don't think will affect pricing much.
Isn't V50 better specs over G8X?

Sent from Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro ~Glacier Blue~ using GAGT

berber

Master Member
Reaction score

Sent from Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro ~Glacier Blue~ using GAGT
G8X is called V50S in korean market. Quite subjective in terms of which is better spec but the dual screen case implementation seems to be better on V50S (can variable the case angle like a laptop, front case notifications, 1:1 mirror screen design, some software enhancements) except imo the change from pogo pin to type c on the case is going to be really annoying as need to use an adapter everytime you wanna charge the device while in the case.

kazxenon

Reaction score

hmm I doubt pricing will be affected much at the start, because its already pretty low, there's another user here who bought it from Korea for approx 750 SGD.
Qoo10 here is selling during sale time at 766 with dual screen.
Unless the G8X lowers the price then maybe the V50 will be 50-100 dollars cheaper again. I do hope they drop the price of the dual screen case, i want to pick up one more just in case :D

G8X is called V50S in korean market. Quite subjective in terms of which is better spec but the dual screen case implementation seems to be better on V50S (can variable the case angle like a laptop, front case notifications, 1:1 mirror screen design, some software enhancements) except imo the change from pogo pin to type c on the case is going to be really annoying as need to use an adapter everytime you wanna charge the device while in the case.

Yeah its really annoying they changed it to use an adapter, I keep my V50 in the dual screen case all the time now, i hardly pop it out and i charge with the case on too.
I do hope they bring the software enhancements to the V50, it works perfectly fine, just need the additional software functions of the new case.

The G8X/V50S itself looks more like a sidegrade:

1) G8X have wider wide angles(9mm vs 16mm)
2) G8X have a smaller aperture for wide angle (F2.4 vs F1.9)
3) G8X have a smaller aperture for standard angle(F1.9 vs F1.5)
4) G8X have a much bigger megapixel count for selfie(32mp vs 8/5mp)
5) G8X have 1 selfie cam(26mm) vs 2 on the V50(26mm & 21mm wide)

Both seem to have their merits and shortcomings.
I prefer the V50 as it seems to have better versatility overall and i always find megapixel count to be overhyped anyway.
I do like the G8X ultrawide 9mm though, i had something similar on the V20 and it was very very useful.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do you all think LG V50 price will drop in a few months? my phone cui max already. thinking of getting a new phone. Don't really want samsung.

Dhalsim

Reaction score
So do u guys recommend buying the V50 now? Is it really good or just a gimmick?

Although looks cool and all, but I really can't think of any use case where it will convenience daily life !-_-

Last edited:

berber

Master Member
Reaction score
do you all think LG V50 price will drop in a few months? my phone cui max already. thinking of getting a new phone. Don't really want samsung.
the release date of G8X not conclusive and vaguely mentioned by 'end of year', so you would probably have to wait until then, for a price drop, if any.

kazxenon

Reaction score
When I was figuting out if i should buy the V50, i was intensively looking on youtube and reviews to figure out if the dual screen was really useful or just gimmicks.
Still, i didn't have a conclusion.

When i saw the price on qoo10, i said screw it and just placed the order.

When it came, the use of the dual screen was foreign to me and felt strange.
So i made a conscious effort to use it since i already had it.
Now im using it on a daily basis, i really wonder if i can go back to using a single screen.

The V50 by itself is also a really good phone, nothing bad about it actually.

myhealthychoice

Reaction score
I am waiting for dual screen LG phone to officially launch in SG.

When I was figuting out if i should buy the V50, i was intensively looking on youtube and reviews to figure out if the dual screen was really useful or just gimmicks.

Now im using it on a daily basis, i really wonder if i can go back to using a single screen.

Dhalsim

Reaction score

I'm getting poisoned again...

Shadowz1984

Reaction score

Hi, just want to check if the Korean set is single SIM or dual SIM. I was told that it is only single SIM. Thanks

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which recommended qoo10 seller to buy from?

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT

Dhalsim

Reaction score
Can get from UP system in Qoo10. But dunno why today the price shows $820. Just 2 days ago was $779 and it fluctuates frequently.

berber

Master Member
Reaction score
Can get from UP system in Qoo10. But dunno why today the price shows $820. Just 2 days ago was $779 and it fluctuates frequently.
yeah, the price went back up, could be because 9.9 promo is over

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.