[OFFICIAL] LG V50

SmallQuietDog

Master Member
Reaction score
rog phone 5 has it now..........
Question is whether they have it tuned and re-routed properly. Quad DAC but not tuned or re-routed properly will still end up with crap audio quality.

Also, jerryrigeverything has a video where he snapped ROG5 into half without much effort. That phone failed his durability test.

xdivider

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Question is whether they have it tuned and re-routed properly. Quad DAC but not tuned or re-routed properly will still end up with crap audio quality.

Also, jerryrigeverything has a video where he snapped ROG5 into half without much effort. That phone failed his durability test.
wellpretty sure people will start buying them on head-fi or audioscience to test out........

SmallQuietDog

Master Member
Reaction score
wellpretty sure people will start buying them on head-fi or audioscience to test out........
For sure that will happen. Wait for their reviews bah.

Also, there seem to be no information on who tuned the DAC. With LG, you know theirs are tuned by Meridian Audio. At least the ESS ones in V40 and V50.

azz909

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For sure that will happen. Wait for their reviews bah.

Also, there seem to be no information on who tuned the DAC. With LG, you know theirs are tuned by Meridian Audio. At least the ESS ones in V40 and V50.
Heard ESS dac being mentioned in one of the yotube review of ROG5. But I'm not into mobile gaming. The V50 ticks the boxes for me, hardware specs atleast. Hoping some company would continue Where LG has left.

Masaaki14

Reaction score
where do you guys find stock of these phones? also how do you deal with the s/w updates? someone said that you can only get them if you put a sim card from a USA telco in

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Qoo10 for Korean set. No issue with SW updates.

USA set quite tricky.
where do you guys find stock of these phones? also how do you deal with the s/w updates? someone said that you can only get them if you put a sim card from a USA telco in

Masaaki14

Reaction score
Getting some opinions here, found a shop on shopee selling LG phones, enyiphones.sg, should I get:
v50 for $566
v50s for $599(8gb ram, 256gb storage)
G8x for $558 (6gb ram, 128gb storage)
v60 for $965

I doubt the v60 is worth almost double of the other options, but what about the other choices? I'm also open to any other suggestions, but I'm looking for a phone mostly for audio use.

Link to shop:
https://shopee.sg/enyiphones.sg?smtt=0.0.9

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Getting some opinions here, found a shop on shopee selling LG phones, enyiphones.sg, should I get:
v50 for $566
v50s for $599(8gb ram, 256gb storage)
G8x for $558 (6gb ram, 128gb storage)
v60 for $965

I doubt the v60 is worth almost double of the other options, but what about the other choices? I'm also open to any other suggestions, but I'm looking for a phone mostly for audio use.

Link to shop:
https://shopee.sg/enyiphones.sg?smtt=0.0.9

My vote goes to V50 for better specs over G8X aka V50S (V50S = Korea Model, G8X = USA Model).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.