Fast Forward to LG V30!

rerear

Reaction score
G6 users looks like starting to sell, resale prices will soften once V30 is out few weeks later?

vivalarave

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
good to hear that! im using a Samsung S7e but am looking to upgrade to this V30 but the hype is weaning with this wait.

Bitching here won't make it launch faster.

Either u wait or you dont.

V series is catered to a niche market of consumers whom enjoys high quality production capabilities - audio/video/pictures.

There is no hype to it, but nothing on the market offers the same level of capabilities.

Which is why most v series fan on this thread are willing to wait patiently

Sent from LGE LG-H961N using GAGT

Last edited:

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if only they up the MP of the front camera... reviews everywhere seem to put it down as quite poor. otherwise it would have been the ideal phone at the moment.

for those who don't take selfies or don't mind the front camera, this is probably the best (android) phone at the moment.

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
if only they up the MP of the front camera... reviews everywhere seem to put it down as quite poor. otherwise it would have been the ideal phone at the moment.

for those who don't take selfies or don't mind the front camera, this is probably the best (android) phone at the moment.
Hope price won't be too much too

Sent from SINKIE PAWN SINKIE using GAGT

sedona

Reaction score
Bitching here won't make it launch faster.
Either u wait or you dont.

V series is catered to a niche market of consumers whom enjoys high quality production capabilities - audio/video/pictures.

There is no hype to it, but nothing on the market offers the same level of capabilities.

Which is why most v series fan on this thread are willing to wait patiently
there are many things to like LG V30 over the Samsung S8. It is very light on weight, the finger scanner is at convenient location, no extra Bixby button, and I don't like the curved edges on S8. I also don't need that extra heartrate sensor on S8 when I'm using Fitbit Charge 2.

I'm also using a $113 Audio Technica earphone so the built-in DAC would be nice.

qyc_91

Reaction score

Precisely, LG G4 got 8mp, LG G5 got 8mp, then it just went downward.

chiaRH

Reaction score

i feel like LG cannot make multiple improvements in 1 generation, their rate of improvement is relatively slow and they also have missteps like doing the G5 modules.

Like in 2016, that was the year LG started wide angle lens, but it was only 8MP, the lens aperture was inferior, and with successive generations they concentrated on fixing barrel distortion instead. Only now with the V30, 1.5yrs after G5, does the wide camera get f/1.9 lens

It was the same for the DAC in 2015, the V10 got it, the G5 didn't and its DAC became a cross-sell B&O module. Finally in 2017 LG got the bright idea that we'd rather have quad DACs in ALL the devices not just V series.

Who knows how long till selfie quality hits the top of their priority list.

vivalarave

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i feel like LG cannot make multiple improvements in 1 generation, their rate of improvement is relatively slow and they also have missteps like doing the G5 modules.

Like in 2016, that was the year LG started wide angle lens, but it was only 8MP, the lens aperture was inferior, and with successive generations they concentrated on fixing barrel distortion instead. Only now with the V30, 1.5yrs after G5, does the wide camera get f/1.9 lens

Most of the time its to contain the cost and the target demographics they are trying to satisfy and areas they want to focus on their USP.

However v series is in its 3rd gen, and their product design is slowly converging with proven formulas.

In the past they had too many products, which spread the features across various product lines.

Now they'll just go with the V and G series.

Sent from LGE LG-H961N using GAGT

Last edited:

Aikon

Reaction score
You can buy Samsung Note 8. LG does not give a ****! :s13:

Sorry, But we are not Samsung fanboy like you leh.

You are also lost, Mr Troll. The Samsung forum is one link above the LG. If you go on a diet, your fat fingers won't accidentally press on the LG forums link.

Your comments have never been constructive in this forum.

MasK

Master Member
Reaction score
Problem is that SH give me deadline on the 31 Oct to recontract my line with discount new phone. Someone posted 31st roadshow start. Dun know azhunboh.

Sent from LGE LG-H990 using GAGT

Go ahead and recontract first, then sell the phone sealed (if possible). Check out buy-back prices for shops as well and do your math as to which phone gives the most profit (can consider iPhone as well).
Keep the moolah and wait for the V30 :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.