bawawaw

Reaction score
Note 8 without stylus. :s13:

DHY1PiDXkAMN7vf

Posted with 可惜世界不及你好 via PCWX

Parka

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm also another one disappointed with the V30. It's a step backwards. LOL.
Now their phone is no different from other phones.
There's no distinguishing features anymore. Good luck to them.

I use the 2nd screen and removable battery all the time.

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score
LG means failure to me now. From G4 I watch until now, none of the phones are functional without major issues except maybe for G6, but that's with a 821 SD when competition has 835 SD

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiyah....can't really blame them. It's not as if the 2nd screen, replaceable battery is helping them sell. Meanwhile look at Samsung selling through the roof with the S8.

It's hard for most people to understand that what they strongly believe in doesn't always translate to commercial success - they need to be profitable, and not just cater to small niche markets. Whether it works or not remains to be seen.

chiaRH

Reaction score
Aiyah....can't really blame them. It's not as if the 2nd screen, replaceable battery is helping them sell. Meanwhile look at Samsung selling through the roof with the S8.

Samsung sells, not cos of product but cos of marketing. its how the world simply works

samsung marketing is so good they can have an exploding note and ppl still trust them enough to buy S8.

if your marketing sucks nobody will buy your stuff even if its legit good

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung sells, not cos of product but cos of marketing. its how the world simply works

samsung marketing is so good they can have an exploding note and ppl still trust them enough to buy S8.

Ppl will still buy after exploding note is their customer recovery done right, imagine they never refund you after exploding, you see you willl Kpkb not still will buy? I don't think so. Marketing yes, partially with the aftermath of note 7, service recovery even more important.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That's one POV. I don't care for their marketing, but when I hold the S8, I also feel the urge to buy it (regardless of how I feel about the curved screen). To me, that's something they're doing right somehow.

I know, it's tempting to attribute all their sales this round to marketing. But I prefer to think even if some consumers are easily swayed by advertising, not all of them are.

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
Ppl will still buy after exploding note is their customer recovery done right, imagine they never refund you after exploding, you see you willl Kpkb not still will buy? I don't think so. Marketing yes, partially with the aftermath of note 7, service recovery even more important.
Posted with iPhone 7+ HardwareZone Forums app

To us maybe we still see ppl buying Samsung but maybe to Samsung, sales still not good enough to see it as a recovery

To me, I been avoiding Samsung for years, more so after note 7

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To us maybe we still see ppl buying Samsung but maybe to Samsung, sales still not good enough to see it as a recovery

To me, I been avoiding Samsung for years, more so after note 7

Not true leh, you see the tech news, they sell dunno how many millions set of s8. The amount of $ they paid out for note 7 probably alr earned back already. You avoid, other ppl will buy de. Ppl who want to buy will still pay premium to buy, phone is not like other product, ppl want ppl will buy.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not true leh, you see the tech news, they sell dunno how many millions set of s8. The amount of $ they paid out for note 7 probably alr earned back already. You avoid, other ppl will buy de. Ppl who want to buy will still pay premium to buy, phone is not like other product, ppl want ppl will buy.

Pretty sure they still made a huge loss on the Note 7. Ur statement of earning back only true if S8 don't cost them money to make and market, which we all know isn't true.

But still, sales of S8 is impressive, esp in the face of people who keep saying how crappy it is.

Jim Moriarty

Reaction score
TBH the S8 made me curious, but once I hold it in my hand I immediately knew it wasn't what I'd want. It feels alien too me.

The screen is pretty, but that's all about it.

I'll wait to see if V30 will be the one, or I should sit back and wait for V40/G7 next year.

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score

I give kudos to Samsung mainly becos they owned up to their mistakes and actually do something about it. With that, I'll support them. However, I can't say the same for LG, looked all the the past devices and how many of them boot looped? Have they owned up to their **** and actually do something about it?

I like LG and still hv the G3, the devices after that failed in many regards except until the G6 but I feel they are ½ a generation too slow to response to the market. I sincerely hope they get better at their scheduling and marketing to be back in the game. And please, work on battery life as none of the phones are actually good at it.

benny888

Reaction score
Different users has different perception on how good is a smartphone. My favorite is still S8+ and is my daily driver since May. My other secondary phone is mi mix. I had tested and finally sold off htc u11, lg g6, one plus 3t, xperia xz premium. This V30 will be in my next to buy list

Last edited:

Majima

Banned
Reaction score
Different users has different perception on how good is a smartphone. My favorite is still S8+ and is my daily driver since May. My other secondary phone is mi mix. I had tested and finally sold off htc u11, lg g6, one plus 3t, xperia xz premium. This V30 will be in my next to buy list

sibei rich, buy and buy and buy all model, machiam playing with masak masak like that. :s13::s13:

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score

Care to share why u prefer S8+ over others?

chiaRH

Reaction score
I give kudos to Samsung mainly becos they owned up to their mistakes and actually do something about it. With that, I'll support them. However, I can't say the same for LG, looked all the the past devices and how many of them boot looped? Have they owned up to their **** and actually do something about it?

I like LG and still hv the G3, the devices after that failed in many regards except until the G6 but I feel they are ½ a generation too slow to response to the market. I sincerely hope they get better at their scheduling and marketing to be back in the game. And please, work on battery life as none of the phones are actually good at it.

The sad thing is that LG's true revenue comes from their appliances like air con. Smartphone to them seems like a side project and you can see how half hearted they are with stuff like cutting out wireless charging or quad DAC based on region, as if cutting that out can even save a major cost

Samsung is like LG, also sell appliances, also sell smartphone, but they recognise the importance of smartphone as a consumer product with high public attention, and they know how to act on it.

When a new galaxy S comes out, you see the whole atrium of Vivocity reserved to promote it for an entire week (S7) or raffles place (S8). Even huawei had ion orchard for P10. LG has what, that big signboard at Bugis and thats about it... When LG phone launch nobody knows where it is cos its not even open to public

Last edited:

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The sad thing is that LG's true revenue comes from their appliances like air con. Smartphone to them seems like a side project and you can see how half hearted they are with stuff like cutting out wireless charging or quad DAC based on region, as if cutting that out can even save a major cost

Samsung is like LG, also sell appliances, also sell smartphone, but they recognise the importance of smartphone as a consumer product with high public attention, and they know how to act on it.

When a new galaxy S comes out, you see the whole atrium of Vivocity reserved to promote it for an entire week (S7) or raffles place (S8). Even huawei had ion orchard for P10. LG has what, that big signboard at Bugis and thats about it... When LG phone launch nobody knows where it is cos its not even open to public

Actually IMHO, as a consumer, I don't really care how much advertisements are being released or how big is the launch. I mean, as long as I know that the phone is available here, tried it and like it, I will get it. I think most of the customers are able to see the phone displaying there in the telco shops and maybe even played with the demo sets just like myself. Samsung did tons of adverts but the moment I have the phone in my hand, I just hate it the curves regardless of how good the adverts are.

I'm not downplaying the effects of adverts here, but having more and everywhere doesn't mean better. I will rather LG really focus on the their products and make really excellent models then spending tons of cash on adverts. Adverts don't benefit me, but the real products do.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.