LG G4

knightshaz

High Honorary Member
Reaction score

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it me, seems like LG capitalizing on the nexus 5 look? Seems like all lg latest models, G4, Flex2(except it is curvy)have the nexus 5 feel.

WhiteAnt

Banned
Reaction score
read the reddit thread ytd, only for south korea market only leh
local lg doesn't seem willing/have the budget to go for this kind of marketing

menas koreans more kiasu and gianpng than us? :s13:

Actually there is usually quite good logic behind such analysts' forecast.

G3's record sales was somewhat attributable to the lacklustre sales of S5. They were able to attract Samsung users who did not upgrade to S5 for various reasons. S6's launch has proven to be a huge success so far, hence G4's target market size has just grown smaller compared to the same juncture last year. LG can't do anything about the hardware of the G4 now, the only thing they can do now is to give more "add-ons" so that the perceived value of G4 > S6.

LG G3 really make a good publicity last year, as i almost wanted to get it since S5 is like da bian. I still find S6 like
grid-cell-24434-1407875545-3.jpg
because their price is too steep to justify. At least LG didn't up their price knowing it is plasticky phone afterall. :o i don't mind plastic (or sapphire) because i still put a case on, just don't set the price so high as if it is the greatest invention ever~

Last year when G3 launched, got it on launch day from 3rd party retailer. Only 770 I think. Their official RRP was 9XX if I'm not wrong. So hopefully LG will keep such pricing for their G4 as well. We buy cheap we happy LG earn LG happy lol

Sent from Sent from my Curvy-Edgy-Sexy Phone! using GAGT

yeah i also like LG pricing. G4 is their flagship so I have high expectation of what it can give vs price factor

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

LG G3 really make a good publicity last year, as i almost wanted to get it since S5 is like da bian. I still find S6 like
grid-cell-24434-1407875545-3.jpg
because their price is too steep to justify. At least LG didn't up their price knowing it is plasticky phone afterall. :o i don't mind plastic (or sapphire) because i still put a case on, just don't set the price so high as if it is the greatest invention ever~

yeah i also like LG pricing. G4 is their flagship so I have high expectation of what it can give vs price factor
Hmm but is the G4 price out yet? Later damn expensive then tio own. If the G4 is really good and cheap then maybe I can sell my S6 and even earn a profit when I buy the G4 :s13:

Or at least release the 3GB version of the G Flex2 locally? :\

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm but is the G4 price out yet? Later damn expensive then tio own. If the G4 is really good and cheap then maybe I can sell my S6 and even earn a profit when I buy the G4 :s13:

Or at least release the 3GB version of the G Flex2 locally? :\
If the G4 comes soon, most probably you'll have a bit of kopi plus dinner money after selling your S6 and buying the G4 :D

falcom2002

Reaction score
If the G4 comes soon, most probably you'll have a bit of kopi plus dinner money after selling your S6 and buying the G4 :D

There are reasons why G4 has to be released later than
the S6. LG is very confident the features built in their
latest device will put owners of S6 to rethink...:s13:

Smart users will know what to do next.
The best is yet to be is the motto for the competitive
world. Innovations are for the benefits of consumers.

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are reasons why G4 has to be released later than
the S6. LG is very confident the features built in their
latest device will put owners of S6 to rethink...:s13:

Smart users will know what to do next.
The best is yet to be is the motto for the competitive
world. Innovations are for the benefits of consumers.

I just hope that they dun follow Samsung, to flood the market with all sort of phones..since all from south Korea.

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For camera specs, is it the wider the aperture the better for low light shots/video without any compromise of other features?

Don't quote me on this, but this is my understanding. A wider aperture lets in more light, which allows the camera to go for a faster shutter speed and/or a lower ISO. Meaning image capture will be faster and with less motion blur, and if you go for lower ISO the shots will look less noisy/grainy. Either way, this helps to take better photographs. Same applies for low light.

As Andrew Martonik from Androidcentral puts it:
"In photography, light is the currency you use to buy good photos. Even with other limitations like small sensors and lenses — like the ones in our smartphones — taken into account, you can always take a better photo with more light."

So more light is always nicer if you ask me.

The downside? Softer focus? If that can even be considered a downside. The wider the aperture, the less things will be in focus. You know those bokeh effect where the front object is sharp and the rear objects are blurry? That. Whereas for a smaller aperture, more things will be in focus and the background will be less blur. Just like how sometimes people squint their eyes to see things clearer. So for taking photos of landscape, a smaller aperture is prefer cause it will look sharper.

From Wiki:
"If an aperture is narrow, then highly collimated rays are admitted, resulting in a sharp focus at the image plane. If an aperture is wide, then uncollimated rays are admitted, resulting in a sharp focus only for rays with a certain focal length."

Last edited:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am more excited what LG coming out for the japan variant of the G4:D

zenify.me

Reaction score

probably means that the local market size is negligible for LG, not the first time something like that happen also. :s13:

compare the average sales volume here and the average sales volume in korea and you will know what I mean.

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By the way, is there a reason why we can't have variable apertures for our smartphone cameras?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.