www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   LG User Group (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/lg-user-group-224/)
-   -   LG G6 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/lg-user-group-224/lg-g6-5520030.html)

SZQddy 28-02-2017 05:07 PM

I generally like the look and the new form factor but still a little too large for me. I would have preferred a 5.5" in the same form factor. Really dislike glass back but maybe it's easier to make the phone waterproof with glass. I'm happy with good quality grippy plastic to be honest.

I hope the dual-sim variant is available here and, if it shares the slot with microsd, 64GB storage.

Any word if it's 4G+3G/4G dual-sim? Presumably there's no IR blaster and no word on notification led?

Need to get hands on before judging this. Definitely cannot be priced more than the S7E.

garychengjw 28-02-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SZQddy (Post 106612919)
I generally like the look and the new form factor but still a little too large for me. I would have preferred a 5.5" in the same form factor. Really dislike glass back but maybe it's easier to make the phone waterproof with glass. I'm happy with good quality grippy plastic to be honest.

I hope the dual-sim variant is available here and, if it shares the slot with microsd, 64GB storage.

Any word if it's 4G+3G/4G dual-sim? Presumably there's no IR blaster and no word on notification led?

Need to get hands on before judging this. Definitely cannot be priced more than the S7E.

S7E is a dated phone. You should compare with upcoming phones instead.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4X | Colourful Metal using GAGT

SZQddy 28-02-2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garychengjw (Post 106613605)
S7E is a dated phone. You should compare with upcoming phones instead.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4X | Colourful Metal using GAGT

Other than the 18:9 display I'm not sure what else it offers compared to current phones. I'll keep an open mind though. My previous phone was an LG G2 and I loved that phone.

Looking forward to the in-depth reviews

QuantitativeNoob 28-02-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by technolust (Post 106607514)
Yes, I think something people do not talk about much is how very much Samsung and apple have sewn up the social and online media with regards to their products. They have grown to a stage where just by withholding early access to their products or invitations to their events, they can make or break these online reviewers and sites that depends on " clicks " on their videos and pages to survive. Basically both Samsung and apple have reached a stage where they are too big to fail. You do not see the same exacting standards applied to them as other companies. Even if features are not so good they are usually glossed over and in the end you will still see the product is " recommended "

This is a case in point when u compare with LG. No matter what they do, reviewers are never satisfied and will find something to slam them. Last year g5 modular, they too slam for it being ugly , not true metal etc ( even though it is but just coated over). This year they remove modularity and follow Samsung and other suppliers and they tio slam for boring design with no removable battery ( hello how to have removable battery if u all want slim metal unibody). U don't see the Same reviewers kaopeh about the lack of removable battery in galaxy or iPhones. Last time reviewers picked on the painted metal surface , this year got some morons start on pick on why LG never use gorilla glass 5 on all surfaces instead of only the front. Back they use gorilla glass 3. Bottom line is , decide a phone based on its own merits based on your own opinions and usage, don't always just follow these review sites. They hardly use the phone more than a week anyway before they do a review

Very good point there. And the thing about Samsung is that they are monopolizing a lot of the internal components too. LCDs, batteries, RAM, ROM, motherboard, you name it they will produce from their affiliates. And hence why they can be so profitable. Per unit of phone produced, I guess Samsung have the highest profit margin. Even Apple has to kowtow to them.

Personally for me, I actually like plastic or metal backs and removable batteries. And I think that the LG G5 was a nice design despite the odd detachable battery. The only issues that is stopping me from buying an LG phone is that the bootloop in their past few designs. G4, V10, G5, V20... Seriously hoping that the G6 won't have the same issue.

technolust 28-02-2017 08:15 PM

Yeah, economies of scale and really large scale marketing. U see a demo set in every shop from challenger to Telcos and a sales rep in every shop. None of the others can compare as you need a huge marketing Budget and cost to do all this. Only huge companies can. I sarpork LG cause they innovate and I don't want the phone market to shrink Into only 2 players. It's already bad enuff 4 mobile OS became 2 mobile OS. We should support variety which benefits us consumers. However I don't agree with LG have diff configuration for diff regions. We would like wireless charging here also and I m sure the US market would like the dac. That said I m most attracted to the small bezel design of the phone. Previously this is only available on Japanese keitais or the mi mix. However like u, I am very wary of the boot loop and screen burn in issues :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuantitativeNoob (Post 106614563)
Very good point there. And the thing about Samsung is that they are monopolizing a lot of the internal components too. LCDs, batteries, RAM, ROM, motherboard, you name it they will produce from their affiliates. And hence why they can be so profitable. Per unit of phone produced, I guess Samsung have the highest profit margin. Even Apple has to kowtow to them.

Personally for me, I actually like plastic or metal backs and removable batteries. And I think that the LG G5 was a nice design despite the odd detachable battery. The only issues that is stopping me from buying an LG phone is that the bootloop in their past few designs. G4, V10, G5, V20... Seriously hoping that the G6 won't have the same issue.

mds8080 01-03-2017 09:10 PM

Can't decide if I should get the V20 (a bit too big) or the G6 (no removable battery). I really like the G6 design and smaller size. I guess I'll wait for the price and read some reviews first.

technolust 01-03-2017 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mds8080 (Post 106635914)
Can't decide if I should get the V20 (a bit too big) or the G6 (no removable battery). I really like the G6 design and smaller size. I guess I'll wait for the price and read some reviews first.

well, depends if you can wait. I guess newer is alwasy more future proof. if you can wait, then wait for V30 lor, but in the tech industry, todays flagship is tomorow's has been.

if you are adventerous, then get v20 now and then sell to buy G6 later and repeat for V30 !! :s12:

Norman Chan 02-03-2017 05:10 PM

Any launch date announce yet for Singapore for this G6 ?

garychengjw 02-03-2017 07:15 PM

Can't wait..!!! Hope by end of March.

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

year2013 02-03-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Chan (Post 106651591)
Any launch date announce yet for Singapore for this G6 ?

March end, confused whether should I grab this or wait for Galaxy S8 Plus.

Alexz_Hong 02-03-2017 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by year2013 (Post 106654744)
March end, confused whether should I grab this or wait for Galaxy S8 Plus.

why not both? then decide which to keep. :D

BoombahYah 02-03-2017 09:27 PM

Australia getting it on 28 March :(

kopi22 02-03-2017 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mds8080 (Post 106635914)

I wonder if V20 and G6 having the same width. V20 bezels are narrow too.

kelvinti 02-03-2017 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexz_Hong (Post 106655932)
why not both? then decide which to keep. :D

BBF.... Bad Friend Forever.... Haha.

Audris 02-03-2017 09:51 PM

http://singaporeyou.com/lg-g6-will-l...ium-price-tag/

Seems like the price is crazy for a LG. That's quite a deal breaker. I was expecting 800ish