HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

LG G6

Like Tree545Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2018, 08:49 PM   #2611

Oh dear
Did u buy travel insurance?

Unsure of what to get? Need help with Notebook issues? Join in the discussions at Notebook Clinic!

Keep up with the latest in mobile technology with Residential Phone Gurus over at Mobile Communication Technology!

Need Assistance? Fret not! Feel free to contact me via PM for Forum Related Issues or any Other Issues that may require immediate assistance and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Intrinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:05 AM   #2612

From today... when I launch the camera app, there is an error message saying 'unfortunately the camera stopped'. Has anyone encountered this too?
Eon Rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 08:57 AM   #2613

Bros,here come the problem.my batt drained super fast recently.phone hot.lacking..i closed all the apps still no avail.dignose still the same..time to visit service centre?
mobiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:34 AM   #2614

Bros,here come the problem.my batt drained super fast recently.phone hot.lacking..i closed all the apps still no avail.dignose still the same..time to visit service centre?
1. Do a backup (to SD Card) using the built-in "Backup & restore" function (Setting > General > Backup & reset). Recommend to select external SD Card for the backup file. If you do not have SD Card installed, you'll need to transfer the "LGBackup_yymmdd.lbf" (in \LGBackup) to PC after the backup finishes (and to transfer back before restoring).

2. Perform a "Factory data reset" (Setting > General > Backup & reset).
DO NOT check the "Also erase SD card" if you've a SD Card installed and have stored the backup there.

3. Restore from the backup. Remember to transfer the backup file to \LGBackup folder before launching the restore if you didn't use a SD Card for the backup earlier.

I've done the same for my G4 year back for the same abnormal battery drain issue. I've also factory reset my LG v30+ (yesterday) and v20 (months back) due to abnormal lag in the camera functionality.
androidmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:39 AM   #2615

1. Do a backup (to SD Card) using the built-in "Backup & restore" function (Setting > General > Backup & reset). Recommend to select external SD Card for the backup file. If you do not have SD Card installed, you'll need to transfer the "LGBackup_yymmdd.lbf" (in \LGBackup) to PC after the backup finishes (and to transfer back before restoring).

2. Perform a "Factory data reset" (Setting > General > Backup & reset).
DO NOT check the "Also erase SD card" if you've a SD Card installed and have stored the backup there.

3. Restore from the backup. Remember to transfer the backup file to \LGBackup folder before launching the restore if you didn't use a SD Card for the backup earlier.

I've done the same for my G4 year back for the same abnormal battery drain issue. I've also factory reset my LG v30+ (yesterday) and v20 (months back) due to abnormal lag in the camera functionality.
Really must go to this xtreme ar?
Which after goes bk to norm?
Old 09-02-2018, 10:29 AM   #2616

Really must go to this xtreme ar?
Which after goes bk to norm?
It should solve the battery drain issue. If you go to SC, I believe it will be treated as s/w issue, they will just re-flash the firmware. Why waste days at the SC when it can done within 1-2 hour by yourself?
Old 09-02-2018, 10:57 AM   #2617

It should solve the battery drain issue. If you go to SC, I believe it will be treated as s/w issue, they will just re-flash the firmware. Why waste days at the SC when it can done within 1-2 hour by yourself?
Not only batt drained. Phone also lacking.. Seems slow down a lot..
Just happened 2 days ago
I will try yr advise.. Thx
Old 12-02-2018, 08:31 PM   #2618

Dropped my phone last night oww !

The dent seen near the headphone jack only affects the “internal” finish... glass finish is still smooth!

Unsure of what to get? Need help with Notebook issues? Join in the discussions at Notebook Clinic!

Keep up with the latest in mobile technology with Residential Phone Gurus over at Mobile Communication Technology!

Need Assistance? Fret not! Feel free to contact me via PM for Forum Related Issues or any Other Issues that may require immediate assistance and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Last edited by Intrinion; 12-02-2018 at 08:39 PM..
Old 18-02-2018, 10:47 AM   #2619

hi all. looking to get either a lg v20 or lg g6. in a bit of a dilemma. anyone who has used both can give any advice?

thanks!
eddy0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 07:55 AM   #2620

hi all. looking to get either a lg v20 or lg g6. in a bit of a dilemma. anyone who has used both can give any advice?

thanks!
In essence, the G6 is a refreshment of the V20 in terms of some spec gains.
With a slightly quicker SD821 vs the SD820. Thereís improvements to the display with a higher dpi, thinner bezel-ed and IP68 ingress protection with a sealed glass back instead of the much loved replacement batteries.

DAC wise, canít speak much - since audio prefences differs from individual to individual. However you can see the differences in this review here
http://musicphotolife.com/2017/04/lg-g6-and-lg-v20-quad-dac-comparison/

Registered used /new sets do also come with 2 years of warranty as well - hence as of time of writing, all sets are still warrantied.

There is also a slightly newer version of the G6 called the G6+, which is basically identical but with a nice 128gb internal storage boost (default is 64gb)

Last edited by Intrinion; 19-02-2018 at 07:58 AM..
Old 20-02-2018, 08:37 PM   #2621

Oh dear
Did u buy travel insurance?
No, i thought i wont be that suay. Now I really wish i done that.
Vionratio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 07:49 AM   #2622

There there. What’s important is that you are safe and sound. Moving forward, all new flagship phones are due to be released

No, i thought i wont be that suay. Now I really wish i done that.

Old 22-02-2018, 06:54 PM   #2623

Hi bros,

If I purchase a used G6 and the owner has not registered warranty with LG, can I register it under my name and get the 2 year warranty?

Original owner bought in July 2017 with starhub,never registered warranty with LG. He's unsure if he has the 2 year warranty. Any way to check?
matique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 09:02 PM   #2624

You'll need to submit a soft copy of the invoice for online warranty registration, how are you going to claim the 2 years warranty if the seller didn't provide the original to you? If you've the original invoice, how are you going to overwrite the purchase date?

BTW, you can resubmit the warranty registration under your name so long you have a copy of the invoice.

Hi bros,

If I purchase a used G6 and the owner has not registered warranty with LG, can I register it under my name and get the 2 year warranty?

Original owner bought in July 2017 with starhub,never registered warranty with LG. He's unsure if he has the 2 year warranty. Any way to check?
Old 23-02-2018, 10:41 AM   #2625

Any1 experiencing lag and phone remain hot to hold, without apps running in the background?
when u try to call, contacts, take a long time to load up?
thanks in advance
danheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.