LG G6

Bambinos

Reaction score
just got my G6 from singtel recontract also. how come only 1 year software warranty? isnt it 2 years?

Then also no hardware warranty hor

shager

Master Member
Reaction score
Slightly disappointed with low light photography and the post process quite hiong if zoom in pretty obvious, but can't have the best of everything. Wide angle great for landscape shots. Oh ya love the quad dac and ip68
mB5zEkVl.jpg

Sent from LGE LG-H870DS using GAGT

A bit disappointing in broad daylight? Is it set to 4:3 13MP? When I first got the phone at RWM I took some pictures in the store and it was Jia lat. I checked and found the resolution setting out of the box was set to the lowest. Not sure if it's just my set or what. Anyway, after that the pictures are great, far more detailed than my P10.

alpha_helix

Reaction score
I have been deciding between g6 and s8+. Samsung got sooooo many things i dislike, but the screen size of s8+ is enough to sway me over to Samsung.

I feel quite disappointed that i find g6 too small for my liking even though function and design wise, i like g6 so much more. No s-junk, no curve screen, no bixby. No matter how hard i tried, really cannot accept the screen size of g6.

My note 3 died on me recently and i really need a phone now.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Slightly disappointed with low light photography and the post process quite hiong if zoom in pretty obvious, but can't have the best of everything. Wide angle great for landscape shots. Oh ya love the quad dac and ip68
mB5zEkVl.jpg

Try this:
Go to manual photo mode. Make sure that the "AE-L" button is not turned on (not having green light). Try taking another day shot and see if it is better than the auto mode. Personally I find the "manual auto" mode is much better. The purpose of the AE-L is to lock the ISO and shutter speed.

mimisg

Reaction score
I have been deciding between g6 and s8+. Samsung got sooooo many things i dislike, but the screen size of s8+ is enough to sway me over to Samsung.

I feel quite disappointed that i find g6 too small for my liking even though function and design wise, i like g6 so much more. No s-junk, no curve screen, no bixby. No matter how hard i tried, really cannot accept the screen size of g6.

My note 3 died on me recently and i really need a phone now.
Mine the opposite, the screen size of s8 and s8+ too big for my liking. Not to mention tempered glass for curved edge screen is not doable (correct me if I'm wrong. Cause I using s6 edge previously and couldn't find one for it). These were the factors to sway me off Samsung's boat

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see lots of bros here are trying to find out too. G5 and V20 has the home & app drawer launchers pre-installed but not sure why not G6. Perhaps later patches will have that.
Yah , worse cum to worse just use Nova lor. But i agree taht LG shoudl at least give us an option for the drawer. Last time for G5, initially also dun have but there was so much customer pushback that they released an option for it eventually

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone advise on how to get the apps drawer back on?

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

I see lots of bros here are trying to find out too. G5 and V20 has the home & app drawer launchers pre-installed but not sure why not G6. Perhaps later patches will have that.

Yah , worse cum to worse just use Nova lor. But i agree taht LG shoudl at least give us an option for the drawer. Last time for G5, initially also dun have but there was so much customer pushback that they released an option for it eventually

Have you all try this?

Bambinos

Reaction score
for our sg version, we dont have wireless charging and the DAC right?

what do we get?

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wat colour is urs? Can lowbollah chiu? :s13:

Ok! Played and tested the G6 fully.

Nice phone indeed. Feel premium and LG UI is simple and good as usual. Wide angle lens is really damn good and useful. :)

Having said that. What I'm going to say below is not about the phone itself but my personal preference...

Personally, it is still too small the screen for me considering that I have been using a 6.4" Mi Max. I would say the same thing too with 5.7" S8/ 6.1" S8 Plus comparing to my 6.4" Mi Max.

Those who have been using small screen phone would love it!

Don't get me wrong. Flat screen G6 is so enjoyable when using apps, watching video and so on.. It is still the phone to get compared to S8/Plus. :)

So....kind of not getting use to the small screen...:o. So....I may put it up for...PM :D:s8:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.