LG G6

tazzi80

Master Member
Reaction score
Did anyone not get the free casing? I bought from my corporate store and it doesn't comes with 1 cause they said not applicable for Singtel corporate line.. Thought is LG gives one..

fRoStEd.tEaRs

Reaction score
For those who have been using G6 for a while now? How's the battery life? Anyone playing Pokemon Go with it?

Battery life i would say it's one of the best of the androids I've used. Able to last me throughout the day. Worst case is i got home around 10pm and 7% left. Unplugged since 9am till now I'm still at 70%

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Battery life is perfect for me. Lasts longer than my previous 4100mAh Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Optimization does matter a lot.

Can please share what kind of optimizations you have made? Wonder if it will work on V20 as well.

fRoStEd.tEaRs

Reaction score
bro can share your usage for each day?
Normally I would unplug around 8.30am, after which will be usage of the quad DAC listening to music for 45min. Throuhout the day mostly social apps and heavy texting, using chrome. occasionally watch 1 or 2 videos and several phone calls around 10min each throughout the day.

Right now I'm typing this i still got 60% of juice. The batt life is still dependent on your connection whether it's stable or not. Some of the days where I'm at somewhere for 12hours straight with weak connection my batt don't last that long as well. By the way I'm always on LTE

jlekssp

Master Member
Reaction score
This is so amazing... I am still trying to find out how to improve... But for the same usage, my p9plus was much better...

Normally I would unplug around 8.30am, after which will be usage of the quad DAC listening to music for 45min. Throuhout the day mostly social apps and heavy texting, using chrome. occasionally watch 1 or 2 videos and several phone calls around 10min each throughout the day.

Right now I'm typing this i still got 60% of juice. The batt life is still dependent on your connection whether it's stable or not. Some of the days where I'm at somewhere for 12hours straight with weak connection my batt don't last that long as well. By the way I'm always on LTE

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hmm.. unbelievable for a LG phone.. =:p

jlekssp

Master Member
Reaction score
Whatsapp message quite heavy, a few calls of say ave 10min, then access other apps like emails, web browsing, etc. I would say not lightly use... So for p9plus, end of the day still left 20 to 30% but for this G6, I need to charge say by 6pm. So battery wise base on same usage, p9plus is better. But I believe maybe the G6 is not optimized. I read at the XDA forum, they actually turn off the quick memo which I did. And I see it does helps. And today I will turn off the always on display to see if it helps.

How's your usage like bro?

fRoStEd.tEaRs

Reaction score
Whatsapp message quite heavy, a few calls of say ave 10min, then access other apps like emails, web browsing, etc. I would say not lightly use... So for p9plus, end of the day still left 20 to 30% but for this G6, I need to charge say by 6pm. So battery wise base on same usage, p9plus is better. But I believe maybe the G6 is not optimized. I read at the XDA forum, they actually turn off the quick memo which I did. And I see it does helps. And today I will turn off the always on display to see if it helps.

Hmm seems like our usage quite similar, could it be the connection you have not stable? Cos this is actually my second set, both my first and second perform similarly. Could it be some background apps?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.