www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   LG User Group (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/lg-user-group-224/)
-   -   LG G6 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/lg-user-group-224/lg-g6-5520030.html)

ZrE0_Cha0s 07-12-2016 08:25 PM

LG G6
 
LG G6 release date, news and rumors

Cut to the chase

What is it? The next flagship phone from LG
When's it out? Possibly April 2017
What will it cost? Likely around 500/$650/AU$900 SIM free

Waterproof LG G6 to include wireless charging?

LG's next flagship phone is expected to be called the LG G6. That is the easy part to figure out. What isn't so easy is figuring out what features will be included on the device. According to a report out of Korea published today, the LG G6 will be waterproof. One LG executive was quoted as saying that there is high demand for a waterproof handset in Japan because of the humid and rainy weather.

Besides featuring a waterproof body, today's report claims that the LG G6 will offer wireless charging and will support LG Pay.

amazingone 27-12-2016 10:04 PM

Back body and dimension leaked..


Another thing would be that....
Spoiler!

s7460597 31-12-2016 06:26 PM

Coming without removable battery not surprising if they want water proofing.

Still waiting for g pro 2 replacement

hinamoriamu 31-12-2016 10:49 PM

The back render look so V20 feel

a9500494a 31-12-2016 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s7460597 (Post 105543760)
Coming without removable battery not surprising if they want water proofing.

Still waiting for g pro 2 replacement

I had this phone long time back and not just waterproof but with lockable battery door. Its removable battery that is unique to LG flagships. Once that gone, there is no reason to stick with LG anymore.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pho...-910332/review

amazingone 01-01-2017 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s7460597 (Post 105543760)
Coming without removable battery not surprising if they want water proofing.

Still waiting for g pro 2 replacement

Yeah, and they are switching to glass-metal sandwich design too, same as Samsung S7.

There will also be wireless charging too, another choice if you don't want Samsung.

Sent from my Xperia using GAGT

Ah Ken 03-01-2017 12:31 AM

Having the G3, G4 and G5. Hope G6 will retain removable battery. This is last company to still hold this.

Marbok_Tan 12-01-2017 09:38 PM

LG G6 confirmed for February reveal, release date tipped to be March 10

Intrinion 14-01-2017 10:46 AM

Sources? :s13:
And hey guys let me know if you are keen to have a thread for the live stream event

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marbok_Tan (Post 105766634)
LG G6 confirmed for February reveal, release date tipped to be March 10


chiaRH 16-01-2017 04:24 PM

http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-g6-...nt-overheating

well if theres 1 positive thing that came out of the note 7 incident at least companies are a bit more cautious now

gws898 19-01-2017 10:59 AM

http://i.giphy.com/l3q2yFttbDL0nmpj2.gif

vaxvms 19-01-2017 11:16 PM

they smart not to skip n jump call G7 lolxxx

amazingone 24-01-2017 07:19 AM

First glimpse~
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/4lt.../lg_g6_v.0.jpg

Rounded screen edges, similar to the Mi MIX
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/NGP...57/lg_g6_2.jpg

s: http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/23/14...e-flagship-mwc

Sent from my Xperia using GAGT

invigo79 24-01-2017 11:03 PM

Will be using old 821 processor though. Coz the 835 is reserved for S8.

Maybe I should consider getting V20 instead if it is cheaper.

I can recontract in March 2017.

Sent from From Home using GAGT

shawniiex 25-01-2017 12:42 AM

truly a pity, the use of 821 over 835. they should have delayed the phone then, even if release after s8. IF they had a solid contender to begin with, should still have more sales than with the use of 821.

gws898 25-01-2017 09:46 AM

http://i.imgur.com/7dfxE4Il.jpg

Sent from LGE LG-H990 using GAGT

gws898 25-01-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawniiex (Post 105994610)
truly a pity, the use of 821 over 835. they should have delayed the phone then, even if release after s8. IF they had a solid contender to begin with, should still have more sales than with the use of 821.

Unless they don't rename this phone as LG G6.

Sent from LGE LG-H990 using GAGT

Anything_Whatever 25-01-2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gws898 (Post 105998184)
Unless they don't rename this phone as LG G6.

Sent from LGE LG-H990 using GAGT

Maybe they may come out LG G6Pro with snapped dragon 835....:s13:

Computeron 25-01-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anything_Whatever (Post 106002225)
Maybe they may come out LG G6Pro with snapped dragon 835....:s13:

YA LOH... MAYBE THE ABOVE IS 5.2"
pro is 5.5 with 835

Wayne77 26-01-2017 12:07 AM

Will the infamous bootloop problem re-surface ?

cyberac 26-01-2017 12:53 AM

Re
 
Really looking forward to this phone. Pretty glad they finally decided to put waterproofing for the phone. Just hope that they put a bigger battery as well. Had the G4 and I love everything about the phone but often wished that the battery life was longer.

racer46maut 26-01-2017 07:57 PM

Really looks like the LG arena.. Bring back old memories!

chiaRH 27-01-2017 11:12 AM

http://www.gsmarena.com/new_lg_g6_le...news-23007.php
Sim tray on the right

I guess after the extreme radical design of the G5 didnt wow anyone, LG is playing it mainstream with the G6 and doing the good old metal unibody with iphone6-style antenna lines

mds8080 27-01-2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiaRH (Post 106039667)
http://www.gsmarena.com/new_lg_g6_le...news-23007.php
Sim tray on the right

I guess after the extreme radical design of the G5 didnt wow anyone, LG is playing it mainstream with the G6 and doing the good old metal unibody with iphone6-style antenna lines

Looks like we're going to miss the removable battery. I think most likely I'll get the V20 instead

amazingone 02-02-2017 08:53 PM

There will be:
LG G6

and maybe also
Spoiler!


Sent from an Xperia using GAGT

gws898 03-02-2017 07:23 AM

http://cdn01.androidauthority.net/wp...-leak-back.jpg

Oh god.

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-g...-photo-747134/

mds8080 03-02-2017 11:47 AM

I hate glossy backs but design looks quite good

gws898 03-02-2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mds8080 (Post 106163889)
I hate glossy backs but design looks quite good

Premium version of LG G2?

red line 03-02-2017 04:28 PM

don't buy LG phones

Inertiaholic 03-02-2017 05:42 PM

same............

Quote:

Originally Posted by mds8080 (Post 106039858)
Looks like we're going to miss the removable battery. I think most likely I'll get the V20 instead


OutBreak 05-02-2017 03:24 PM

Better beware of protential bootloop and screen burn in problem. LOL..

red line 06-02-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutBreak (Post 106200434)
Better beware of protential bootloop and screen burn in problem. LOL..

screen retention... not screen burn

Shinrakuonji 11-02-2017 02:38 AM

LG G6 Hardware info

Snapdragon 821
QUAD DAC ( only in selected markets)
IP67/68 Ratings .

More info to come soon .
Source of my info - Search LG G6 on Google.com

Shinrakuonji 11-02-2017 02:44 AM

To me , I am a audiophile which means I couldn't care less about processor (S821 very powerfull deh ) . The Quad DAC that is inside the V20 is here . But how will LG fine tune it , i don't know (maybe better than V20 / maybe worst ) . IP ratings are So-so for me - only use it while doing my business in toilet .

For the RAM - I am hoping for at least 4GB LPDDR4X NOT LPDDR4 .

For the Battery - Really looking for LG to make it bigger like 3400 ~ 3600 mAH .

Material wise - Metal + Glass (like iPhone 4 / 4s )

amazingone 11-02-2017 11:36 AM

http://i.imgur.com/aJNUojKl.jpg

Sent from an Xperia using GAGT

chiaRH 14-02-2017 09:55 AM

happy to see the quad dac finally in the G-series, they avoided the huge mistake with G5 when the DAC was that separate B&O thing that you had to pay extra for and the built in DAC was garbage

now they just need to improve the battery (which was also garbage in the G5), and stop using LCDs that hit image retention after 6 months of usage and the G6 should be solid

technolust 14-02-2017 12:26 PM

Yeah battery life was always bad on the G5 and v20 but they have replaceable batteries to make up for it, tiagong the g6 will not have replaceable batteries so they better step it up this time
Abit miffed about the SD821 though, I know performance won't differ too much but you would want the best future proof processor for your flagships considering how much you are paying for it

Also they should just change to amoled screens . Screen retention seems to be a common problem on LG phones

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiaRH (Post 106352249)
happy to see the quad dac finally in the G-series, they avoided the huge mistake with G5 when the DAC was that separate B&O thing that you had to pay extra for and the built in DAC was garbage

now they just need to improve the battery (which was also garbage in the G5), and stop using LCDs that hit image retention after 6 months of usage and the G6 should be solid


chiaRH 15-02-2017 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by technolust (Post 106355116)
Yeah battery life was always bad on the G5 and v20 but they have replaceable batteries to make up for it, tiagong the g6 will not have replaceable batteries so they better step it up this time
Abit miffed about the SD821 though, I know performance won't differ too much but you would want the best future proof processor for your flagships considering how much you are paying for it

Also they should just change to amoled screens . Screen retention seems to be a common problem on LG phones



I use an aftershock laptop with a LG screen. It takes 5 minutes of google chrome on max brightness before the white address bar burns onto the display. I basically kind of have trust issues with LG's LCDs by now. They made a mistake reserving OLED only for their TVs.

821 vs 835 is only 1 generation difference so I'm not too bothered they stuck with an older processor. Phones have such a short lifespan that even if they entered the market with the best CPU at that time, chances are people will still replace with a new phone 2-3 years down the road.

-nzy90 21-02-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiaRH (Post 106370145)
I use an aftershock laptop with a LG screen. It takes 5 minutes of google chrome on max brightness before the white address bar burns onto the display. I basically kind of have trust issues with LG's LCDs by now. They made a mistake reserving OLED only for their TVs.

821 vs 835 is only 1 generation difference so I'm not too bothered they stuck with an older processor. Phones have such a short lifespan that even if they entered the market with the best CPU at that time, chances are people will still replace with a new phone 2-3 years down the road.

I guess only their recent LCDs have this problem. I have a LG LCD from 9 years ago and I am still using it daily.

mds8080 21-02-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -nzy90 (Post 106471744)
I guess only their recent LCDs have this problem. I have a LG LCD from 9 years ago and I am still using it daily.

Yes it seems to be a more recent problem which is worrying. My old 4XHD P880 didn't have any screen retention problems or bootloop. In fact it was totally problem free for 3 years until it died.

kelvinti 22-02-2017 03:42 PM

Decision time soon............LG G6 or S8......:s22:

DOMHO7 22-02-2017 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinti (Post 106497478)
Decision time soon............LG G6 or S8......:s22:

bro hoot both la :D

kelvinti 22-02-2017 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOMHO7 (Post 106503982)
bro hoot both la :D

Siao ahh.. You think I open gold bar shop one ahh... Haha.

ChuaHeAn 23-02-2017 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinti (Post 106497478)
Decision time soon............LG G6 or S8......:s22:

Wait for both to announce first then decide. This year seems like it is going to be a close fight.

kelvinti 23-02-2017 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuaHeAn (Post 106506740)
Wait for both to announce first then decide. This year seems like it is going to be a close fight.

Ya.

So far from all the leaked images, I personally like the design of G6 as I have never fancied a curved display.

Well... Let's wait and see the real thing first.

chiaRH 23-02-2017 11:38 AM

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-g...render-751497/

looks like we have our press render

it really does look sort of like a V20

Computeron 23-02-2017 06:40 PM

Come in +1

Sent from 小米 Mix - Concept Phone using GAGT

OutBreak 23-02-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mds8080 (Post 106472836)
Yes it seems to be a more recent problem which is worrying. My old 4XHD P880 didn't have any screen retention problems or bootloop. In fact it was totally problem free for 3 years until it died.

Indeed, just google about V20 screen retention issue. Quite a number of people are complaining about it.. LG screen reliability is so bad.. :o

kelvinti 24-02-2017 09:18 PM

Deciding between S8 and G6...!:)

I think I'm going for G6 as I hate the impractical side-curved of S8!:s22: I just never liked curved display!

Afterall, LG G6's camera especially the low light / night shootings is as good as the Samsung one! :)

Do I really need a SD835 powered phone now! Nah..........SD821 on G6 is more than enough power!

Anything_Whatever 24-02-2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinti (Post 106541205)
Deciding between S8 and G6...!:)

I think I'm going for G6 as I hate the impractical side-curved of S8!:s22: I just never liked curved display!

Afterall, LG G6's camera especially the low light / night shootings is as good as the Samsung one! :)

Do I really need a SD835 powered phone now! Nah..........SD821 on G6 is more than enough power!

Good choice.... and you get the screen retention feature too :s8:


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.