LG G7

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LG G7 rumor round-up: Specs, design, features, all we know so far :

One of last year's most underrated devices, the LG G7, is in for a timely replacement very soon as LG normally showcases its flagship devices at the prolific MWC trade show in Barcelona, Spain, which is normally the stage at which many a high-profile devices get announced and demoed.

There's no reason to believe this won't be the case this year, too, as the rivalry between LG and Samsung is gradually getting more and more heated. Quite understandable, given that both have been outsmarting each other with every high-end phone generation.

Disclaimer: It recently became clear that LG could be rebranding its flagship series and retiring the "G" name. Until we have further information about a possible new name for the company's next flagship, we'll refer to it as the "LG G7" in this piece :eek:.

LG-G7-rumor-round-up-Specs-design-features-all-we-know-so-far.jpg

To read more: https://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-...s-design-features-all-we-know-so-far_id101215

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Let me know when the new name comes out :o will change thread title for you!

Would be a couple of months from now!

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let me know when the new name comes out :o will change thread title for you!

Would be a couple of months from now!

thanks will do. and yup still need to wait for either on MWC 2018 or after that.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LG G7 listed on official website, may pull a G6, and launch with Snapdragon 835

Well, well, well, what do we have here, LG, are you mentioning a certain yet-to-be-announced flagship on an official website? The unveiling must be near, if LG UK has already listed one "future LG G7" as featuring Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4.0 technology. Wait, what, will the G7 pull a G6, and launch with Snapdragon 835 instead of 845?

lg-uk-g7-mention.png

Read more: https://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-...-a-G6-and-launch-with-Snapdragon-835_id101485

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LG G7 release date set for mid-March, OLED display and 6GB RAM in tow

While we were musing yesterday whether the upcoming LG G7 will sport a Snapdragon 835 or 845 chipset, based on its official listing on LG's UK website under the Quick Charge 4.0 category, a Korean publication is spilling the beans on its specs and even release date.

It turns out that the G7 may ship with Snapdragon 845, after all, which would be a huge jump from the 821 in the G6, but there are plenty of other novelties to look forward to. The sources claim that, in addition, G7 will sport 6GB RAM, shooting it directly into the flagship ranks where it belongs. Another nice surprise, if the tips pan out, is that the G7 would be borrowing the OLED display tech from the V30, as well as it's "all-screen" exterior.

read more: https://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-...arch-OLED-display-and-6GB-RAM-in-tow_id101522

chiaRH

Reaction score
honestly im not really bothered much about 835 vs 845

given how fast CPUs get surpassed by newer ones, even the last gen cpu is still pretty new.

to me personally, whats more important is did they improve the software battery and camera and also will the G7 have the same OLED issues as V30 or can LG finally iron out their display QC

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LG will delay the launch of the G7 till a further date.

LG may release an upgraded version of LG V30 in MWC 2018, rumored to be called as the LG V30α and it will come integrated with advanced AI features.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Code name : Judy (sound like July, which could means 7?)

According to a report published today, LG's delayed flagship phone could be launched in June. An anonymous source, who was briefed on LG's plans to release a smartphone with the code name "Judy," says that the handset will feature a 6.1-inch screen. This will be a new type of display called MLCD+. Thanks to a white sub-pixel that will be part of the RGBW matrix, the display will be very bright (in the 800-nit range) but consume 35% less energy than a typical IPS LCD screen.

Read more: https://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-2018-flagship-could-launch-in-June_id102548

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pretty glad they cancelled it tbh. looks like a step down from the G6. i hope the phone they release in June won't be an iPhone look alike like that and i hope it wont have that stupid notch (even if software hides it). also that back looks cheap af

There are rumours that Android P is going to support notch to make it more notch-friendly.

getsomedonuts

Reaction score
There are rumours that Android P is going to support notch to make it more notch-friendly.

Support or no support, it is still a terrible design choice imo. Anyway, seems like the "Neo" is indeed going to be the G7 as per the update in the following article

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Scrapped-LG-G7-appears-in-israeli-journal_id102897

Im glad LG employees are upset with the design, but for the life of me i dont understand why it is approved then. The V30 was absolutely beautiful, this is just sad :( oh LG why :(

Beninging

Reaction score
Guys guys seems like beside the G7 "thinQ" there is also gonna be a 'V35' coming out as well. Not sure when.

Sent from LGE LG-H930 using GAGT

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woo! Can't wait.
Hopefully not 4GB Ram. :s13:

I'm more excited how's the update of Quad DAC.

Sent from Huawei P20 Pro ~Oh, Twilight~ using GAGT

chiaRH

Reaction score
The phone may have a bunch of new camera upgrades

Considering the lack of camera hardware improvement in the 2017 LG devices i really hope upgrade is a meaningful upgrade and not some software gimmick crap like having your V30s take a 4 megapixel shot and call it a 'low light mode'

if they can finally resolve the image processing noise issue in their 2016 devices and maybe go back to using bigger image sensors like on the V20 (bonus points if they can finally put a decent selfie camera which to-date they havent done) then maybe it can finally be worth calling an 'upgrade'

Gash_1989

Reaction score
I am just hoping that they can at least use back the 8mp selfie camera on the G4/G5 instead of the crap selfie camera on the G6/V30

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.