LG Optimus G2

platee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seriously, I also dont know how hwz or gsmarena do their tests.

Gsmarena claimed G2 has 12hr web browsing and S4 has 7hr.

G2 has 11hr video and S4 has 12hr.

No matter how I do it, my screen on time on S4 is only 3hr max, how they did 12hr web tests?

I think its not realistic if the screen is off for those tests.

Who on earth watch video or browse web with screens off?

Think they load a standard webpage and leave it there with keep screen on settings ticked. lol

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's good la.Silky smooth.
If u like the S4, u are sure to like the G2. Similar but made to be better in every way.

* It's super light weight.
* Superb camera with hardware OIS.
=> My previous phone Asus Infinity also had very good camera but this one totally overwhelmed it.
* 24bit 192khz audio processing.
=> Sounded excellent on my Bluetooth Jaybird Bluebuds X & UE 900.
* Not sure if local set comes with the superb Quadbeat earphones.
* excellent battery life (even on my 2610maH battery). Can easily last me from 7am till 8pm with 20% battery left. I am a moderate user.
=> only when I travel overseas which I do alot, I use the extra battery.
* Excellent screen (if u like HTC Butterfly S or HTC One), u will sure to like the screen. Very similar in colour temperature and setting.
* Very fluid UI (maybe due to Snapdragon Qualcomm 800)
* Excellent LTE speed. Pages just (how to say) pop up.

This is a very nice phone.

Although I get to have the advantage to change batteries and use sdcard for expansion.

The disadvantages

* Why can't anyone make speakers sound like HTC Boomsound~!.
Asus Padfone Infinity fail, Xperia Z fail. Although S4 sounded nice and loud.
G2 sounded softer than the S4. * Tried to use Volume+ to tweak but couldn't make the sound loud enough.
For eg, watching Tim Cook on Youtube is like seeing a chipmunk talk. Yeah, he's a sissy but I would still like to hear what he has to say.[/B

* Hmmm, other disadvantages I can't think of any! :)

Last edited:

raintr33

Reaction score
This evening i learn the difference between M1 MLS and MSS.
Critical difference: MLS don't hv early re-contract fee annual waiver but has higher discount rate than MSS. And i unfortunately, am on MLS contract :-(

G2, so near yet not so fast...

Now need to think if i shld just finish my MLS contract and switch over to MSS, which seems to be more attractive with a new phone annually ;-)

samgoh87

Reaction score
This evening i learn the difference between M1 MLS and MSS.
Critical difference: MLS don't hv early re-contract fee annual waiver but has higher discount rate than MSS. And i unfortunately, am on MLS contract :-(

G2, so near yet not so fast...

Now need to think if i shld just finish my MLS contract and switch over to MSS, which seems to be more attractive with a new phone annually ;-)

There's no "contract" for whichever saver scheme U're on.. U can switch from MLS to MSS as and when u want so long u have 1 fibre broadband under ur name. But do take note that the early recontract waiver is only for one number and will be given 1yr later U're into the MSS. Hur Hur..

knightshaz

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
If u like the S4, u are sure to like the G2. Similar but made to be better in every way.

=> My previous phone Asus Infinity also had very good camera but this one totally overwhelmed it.
* excellent battery life (even on my 2610maH battery). Can easily last me from 7am till 8pm with 20% battery left. I am a moderate user.
* Excellent screen (if u like HTC Butterfly S or HTC One), u will sure to like the screen. Very similar in colour temperature and setting.

Although I get to have the advantage to change batteries and use sdcard for expansion.

The disadvantages

G2 sounded softer than the S4. * Tried to use Volume+ to tweak but couldn't make the sound loud enough.
For eg, watching Tim Cook on Youtube is like seeing a chipmunk talk. Yeah, he's a sissy but I would still like to hear what he has to say.[/B

Quadbeat nowadays a standard package for LG flagships ~ :s12:

androidbot

Reaction score

The disadvantages

Since you mentioned Asus Padphone... err, here's the new improved version with so-called power specs which was unveiled yesterday, I think.. Check out the links -

The new PadFone Infinity

New ASUS PadFone Infinity (S800, microSD, design tweaks) UNVEILED - Info, specs, pics & more [HD] - YouTube

androidbot

Reaction score
But seriously padfones are overly priced for their specs and capabilities.

Am not too sure about Asus product line pricing but from what has been revealed so far during the launch it seems the price is not too far from other flagship phones at NTD$18,990 that's roughly about SGD$810. So I'm guessing, +/- along that line.

G2 - (initial launch price) SGD$898
HTC One (initial launch price) SGD$998
Samsung S4 (initial launch price) SGD$998
Sony Z1 (initial launch price) SGD$998

newouverture

Reaction score
Am not too sure about Asus product line pricing but from what has been revealed so far during the launch it seems the price is not too far from other flagship phones at NTD$18,990 that's roughly about SGD$810. So I'm guessing, +/- along that line.

G2 - (initial launch price) SGD$898
HTC One (initial launch price) SGD$998
Samsung S4 (initial launch price) SGD$998
Sony Z1 (initial launch price) SGD$998

If you consider only the phone, then should be alright if you can ignore the Asus branding.

But if coupled with the dock station, it will cost close to $1200 to own them both.

Of course ppeople will argue that we can use it as a tablet too but essentially $1200 can also buy a good phone and tablet and yet I can use them both at the same time.

The idea is good, but having to spend $1200 to use this idea is too much for normal consumers.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.