HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

LG V40

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2019, 12:14 AM   #211

2nd day of usage.

I am not the kind that care about what processor or how well the phone scores on some benchmarking standards. As long as the phone fit my criteria on usability, camera, battery, and pricing, it is good

Battery life - fully charged before going asleep and spent around 15 mins surfing the web. Left around 85% of battery life in the morning

Camera - this is the part where i am puzzled. In auto mode (when using v20), regardless of single/ multiple focus, i know the camera is ready to capture the image when i heard the focus sound or the flash of the green indicators. The photo end result would not be blurry. But for v40, no sound or indicator that denote the camera is ready to capture the subject. I have to observe the screen during focusing and clicked when the screen stablisises itself, albeit the processing speed is fast. This could be disadvantageous as the continued observation strains my eyes. Or did i miss anything? Maybe current users of v40 can advise me

Sent from LGE LM-V405 using GAGT
lurker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:18 PM   #212
Arch-Supremacy Member

got my Red set today at RWM.
The free gifts has been changed to a 3rd party wireless charger stand and a LG wireless headset (those neckband type)

Initially has problems redeeming the free gifts as RWM is not on the list of authorised sellers. But calling RWM and they solved it for me.

The phone has 0 battery power in it. Have to charge it while checking at RWM.
Did some 100% red, blue and green screen test, camera AF, sound etc

Not sure will be able to update to Pie soon anot
but its for the Mrs, so it should be fine lah. haha
xenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:43 AM   #213

Hi, can anyone pls advise how to remove the shadow font in LG V40?
Kaye2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2019, 03:19 PM   #214
Supremacy Member

Has anybody managed to get any tgsp that works with this phone and doenst lift with a case ? I have tried a few and none works . Haven't tried the white dome but don't want to risk it especially when it costs that much
Old 19-03-2019, 04:16 PM   #215
Arch-Supremacy Member

i got generic TP from taobao
its the side adhesive kind. does not lift case but there is "air gap" between screen and TG
touch sensitivity affected at some edges.

Got another type full adhesive. case friendly as advertised. have not reach yet
Old 19-03-2019, 04:35 PM   #216

So far unable to find the perfect one
1. Adhesive type will always have that air pocket which affects the sensitivity of the screen
2. Non adhesive type no matter what will have air pocket at both sides of the screen

Old 19-03-2019, 06:34 PM   #217
Arch-Supremacy Member

So far unable to find the perfect one
1. Adhesive type will always have that air pocket which affects the sensitivity of the screen
2. Non adhesive type no matter what will have air pocket at both sides of the screen

true lo.
wanna go full naked
Old 20-03-2019, 12:42 AM   #218

Just tested another adhesive screen protector from taobao. If you can paste it carefully, the issue of air pockets trapping within is eliminated

After 2 weeks of usage, i would say that
- battery life is generally acceptable
- lack of auto focusing (no indicators that the camera is ready), unless you in macro mode or activate manual focusing by pressing on the subject that you want to focus on
- unlocking via face is slower than my redmi 6.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:58 PM   #219

Users. When I am focusing on a piece of paper (white or single colour background), the following happens. Does your phone encounter this as well ?

Old 05-04-2019, 09:19 AM   #220

no such issue... May be due to lighting....?
toplevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 03:58 PM   #221
Supremacy Member

Thinking of going back to LG V40 ThinQ after using Huawei phone for past years. Huawei really cmi, 1 year in and the camera got focus issue. But got to say, Huawei support is really good. There is a constant software update available, unlike LG. But sucks, Starhub online store got no more Carmine red. they say must wait 2-4weeks not confirm have stock
Ch3tah_39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 08:44 PM   #222
Supremacy Member

Come come. V40 is very good. No complaints from me so far. Which Huawei are you using? Sometimes is poh Heng suay one so support is more important

Thinking of going back to LG V40 ThinQ after using Huawei phone for past years. Huawei really cmi, 1 year in and the camera got focus issue. But got to say, Huawei support is really good. There is a constant software update available, unlike LG. But sucks, Starhub online store got no more Carmine red. they say must wait 2-4weeks not confirm have stock
Old 14-04-2019, 10:43 PM   #223
Supremacy Member

Huawei P10, LG marketing also kind of weird. Jan V40 release but V50 and G8 is coming out in 2nd quarter. Haha.

Come come. V40 is very good. No complaints from me so far. Which Huawei are you using? Sometimes is poh Heng suay one so support is more important

Ch3tah_39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 07:01 AM   #224
Supremacy Member

Yeah. V40 was actually released much earlier globally but came here late. I guess the same will happen for the g8 and v50. Globally g8 was just released but don't expect it to come to Singapore anytime soon

anytimeOTE=Ch3tah_39;120253772]Huawei P10, LG marketing also kind of weird. Jan V40 release but V50 and G8 is coming out in 2nd quarter. Haha.[/QUOTE]
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM   #225

Just tested another adhesive screen protector from taobao. If you can paste it carefully, the issue of air pockets trapping within is eliminated

After 2 weeks of usage, i would say that
- battery life is generally acceptable
- lack of auto focusing (no indicators that the camera is ready), unless you in macro mode or activate manual focusing by pressing on the subject that you want to focus on
- unlocking via face is slower than my redmi 6.

I am using another type of screen protector

This is definitely better than adhesive (not responsive) and tempered glass (air pockets at the side). The material has a silicon feel.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.