LG's 5.5" Optimus G Pro a full HD display

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question if root, does that mean cannot get OTA updates?

ants0614

Reaction score
For me i just keep those app in a folder and leave it there.. can also just hide it away..

adix_82

Banned
Reaction score
i also wanna know - anyone can read korean here? i tried to google but no luck :(:(

Hi bro, the lg smart world korean version, even if u access u cant download stuff as u need to register account which is solely for korean.

JavaTube

Reaction score
I need to buy this phone..Anyone knows when this phone will be available in Singapore ...? Thanks.

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow...been playing with the F240K Olleh set and I am very impressed with LG this time round.
They have got a Note 2 killer !

Am not bothered with the dual clock on the lockscreen though. :D

Cant seem to pair with my Sony Smartwatch via BT though....Anyone have the watch with the G Pro?

sstimo

Reaction score
Yep by far this is the best lg phone. There is virtually no lag and battery life is superb. Btw where can i buy the case in singapore?

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yep by far this is the best lg phone. There is virtually no lag and battery life is superb. Btw where can i buy the case in singapore?

In fact, this is by far the best Android phone I have experienced. The phone build is superb and LG has got a killer in their hands this time round.

I bought the WCP300 wireless chargers from q010 and the LG quick cover case from gmarket-kr. The quick cover comes with the wireless-enabled back cover.

So far, ranking in terms of feel-good usage:
1. LG Optimus G Pro
2. HTC The One
3. Samsung Note 2, S3, S4
4. Xperia Z (IMHO, the worst screen resolution/display). Z supporters may say the rest comes with over-saturated colors but honestly, the Z colors lack contrast and pretty dull. No regrets dumping it.

When I received the F240K, the software updates were continuous from 10g all the way to 10o. The phone impresses me so much that I am using stock apps....No 3rd party apps, launchers, browsers, Contacts, Call etc....

Last edited:

keltai

Reaction score
In fact, this is by far the best Android phone I have experienced. The phone build is superb and LG has got a killer in their hands this time round.

I bought the WCP300 wireless chargers from q010 and the LG quick cover case from gmarket-kr. The quick cover comes with the wireless-enabled back cover.

So far, ranking in terms of feel-good usage:
1. LG Optimus G Pro
2. HTC The One
3. Samsung Note 2, S3, S4
4. Xperia Z (IMHO, the worst screen resolution/display). Z supporters may say the rest comes with over-saturated colors but honestly, the Z colors lack contrast and pretty dull. No regrets dumping it.

When I received the F240K, the software updates were continuous from 10g all the way to 10o. The phone impresses me so much that I am using stock apps....No 3rd party apps, launchers, browsers, Contacts, Call etc....

Totally agree, been changing from note 2 to butterfly to black optimus g, and nw a white version optmius g, is far best android phone had used tis yr. LG really did a good job on both hardware and software tis time round. waiting G pro release nw... waiting... waiting...=:p

keltai

Reaction score
Hi bro, the lg smart world korean version, even if u access u cant download stuff as u need to register account which is solely for korean.

Adix, any ideas when g pro releasing:s11:? me trying not to get import set.....:(

adix_82

Banned
Reaction score
Adix, any ideas when g pro releasing:s11:? me trying not to get import set.....:(

Its in June. Don know whether the radio band will be different from Korea G Pro. The Korean G Pro getting very good reception and i havent experience any drop call.

I remember when i was travelling along the hilly area in korea... u still get 4G signal.. tok gong!

keltai

Reaction score
Its in June. Don know whether the radio band will be different from Korea G Pro. The Korean G Pro getting very good reception and i havent experience any drop call.

I remember when i was travelling along the hilly area in korea... u still get 4G signal.. tok gong!

hor say liao.... sure will get fr u again! prefer non telco set w/o bloatware de...:D

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With the F240K, so far no chance to detect 4G.
Only 3G at Changi and Serangoon so I guess these areas are on 2600 band

ants0614

Reaction score
With the F240K, so far no chance to detect 4G.
Only 3G at Changi and Serangoon so I guess these areas are on 2600 band
You using starhub?i using m1 some area at clementi near west coast also only cam get 4g..

veyonce

Reaction score
Can't wait!!!

LG Optimus G Pro China, Asia launch date via invitation

New ‘ImaGination Begins’ event invitations are being sent out with the LG Optimus G Pro on the front, the event will kick off on May 30th in Macau, China. This suggests that the G Pro will be release in China and other parts of Asia in the coming weeks.

Details are limited but what we do know is that the LG Optimus G Pro is already selling in Japan, South Korea. AT&T is also selling the Optimus G Pro on contract for $199.99 and outright for $549.99.

This model in China could come with either a 5-inch or 5.5-inch display, we will have to wait and see. We believe that this LG event may just mention the LG Optimus GK as well; we will be keeping a close eye on this for you and will keep you updated.

Back in April we published an article pitting the LG Optimus G Pro against the HTC One, see the specs and versus right here.

Above we mentioned the LG Optimus GK could be announced as well at the event, this model has similar specs to the G Pro. The GK model comes with a 5-inch full HD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, 2GB of RAM, 1.7GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor, pixel density of 440ppi, it also has 16GB of built in storage and a 3,100 mAh battery. It also has a 13-megapixel rear camera and a front-facing 2-megapixel camera.

This is why we are wondering if the GK will be mentioned as well, because at the moment this is set for the Korean market, it would make sense to release this in China as well.

Source: LG Optimus G Pro China, Asia launch date via invitation » Phone Reviews

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.