Any slow juicer lobang/promotion/sale to recommend?

mir_ror

Reaction score
I'm scouting around for a slow juicer, and so far it seems that Hurom looks like the best brand, but looks quite ex (~$600++). There's one sold in qoo10.sg but a sales fella (who's selling yet another brand) said that that model has lousy/unauthentic parts and its motor spoil within a few days to a few months. This particular sales fella said that his model uses the same motor and parts from the original factory and is offering a 1 yr local warranty.

So many ppl giving their own opinions (almost all with vested interests) -_-

Anyone got any slow juicer to recommend that he/she has been using and is happy with it? (which, hopefully, is a cheap and good model :p)

alpc

Reaction score
Well, naturai is using the same engine but assembled in China, so it's cheaper... Tang is selling it around 269.

mir_ror

Reaction score
Well, naturai is using the same engine but assembled in China, so it's cheaper... Tang is selling it around 269.

Great thanks for the heads up! Btw how do you find it? A bit worried coz made in China and all that... but the price difference (Hurom at $499+ vs $250+) is really compelling... (damn why don't they sell juicers at a cheaper price... -_-)

Gillin

Reaction score
did a search online and found a shoddy website selling hurom juicer, so i thought they could be just an online seller and after smsing them it turned out that they are the distributor of hurom. Asked a simple question on , whats the price of their juicers. They replied asking me for my name, and what they want to introduce to me me and things. But all I wanted was the price. Without letting me know the prices after exchanging about 10 sms, they even hinted that their juicers are the premium and that I can't afford their juicers.. I was thinking of going to tangs to get my hurom.. now I think i'll skip hurom all together. If getting the prices is so difficult.. I cannot imagine the RMA process...

Gillin

Reaction score
never in my life i've got so angry with a salesman over sms till I deleted the chain of sms....

Aresden

Reaction score
1st time heard of smth called " slow juicer "
Did a search on9 and found it really useful, unlike those high speed juicers :p Worth buying i guess

cravescraze

Reaction score
hi, i saw they selling slow juicer at cosway (an outlet that sells organic stuffs),
there is one outlet at Ang Mo Kio central....having discount, i think is $400 to $500 like that

muruku.thick

Reaction score
2 types basically vertical or horizontal[single gear or twin gear].

if u are getting vert ones such as hurom, try to get another screener as it is the part that will break/crack faster compared to other parts, depending on how u take care of it. motors usually last v long.

Last edited:

mir_ror

Reaction score
I saw Hurom HU400 Harvey norman is selling at $618

$618 is the retail price. I finally got mine at a cheaper rate.

The juice I get is quite good, but for certain stuff (like carrots, celery), I had to cut it into quite small chucks in order to prevent the machine from jamming. To its credit, the machine was still going strong after kenna jam x3 times (i.e. it didn't die from it).

To Gillin: don't let a single bad apple spoil the whole barrel :) i think the quality of hurom is quite gd, my friend is a fan of it.

Of coz, there may be some brands that are cheaper but still comparable in quality to Hurom. If you have experienced those (after trying both models), pls share :)

stjoe1

Reaction score
hi mir_ror, can share how much you paid for your hurom and where? thinking of getting this slow juicer ..

thx

I saw Hurom HU400 Harvey norman is selling at $618

$618 is the retail price. I finally got mine at a cheaper rate.

The juice I get is quite good, but for certain stuff (like carrots, celery), I had to cut it into quite small chucks in order to prevent the machine from jamming. To its credit, the machine was still going strong after kenna jam x3 times (i.e. it didn't die from it).

To Gillin: don't let a single bad apple spoil the whole barrel :) i think the quality of hurom is quite gd, my friend is a fan of it.

Of coz, there may be some brands that are cheaper but still comparable in quality to Hurom. If you have experienced those (after trying both models), pls share :)

Cress_knightness

Reaction score
I am currently using a hurom. Got it more than a year ago when
best denki was having a promo, think the price is about $450-480.
In recent months saw some really cheap ones at tangs, as cheap as $200+.
The juicers all looked quite similar, maybe can give the cheap ones a try.
Usage wise, sometimes the juicer do get stuck, and the troubleshooting in
the manual doesn't really solve the problems ... lol ;)
It takes time to get used to the juicer.
I love to juice but I really hate to clean up the juicer.:s13:

stjoe1

Reaction score
Yes, the same with me .. cleaning is the part that I hate ..

I thot using hurom, the cleaning just pour water will do as I saw in youtube video?

I am currently using a hurom. Got it more than a year ago when
best denki was having a promo, think the price is about $450-480.
In recent months saw some really cheap ones at tangs, as cheap as $200+.
The juicers all looked quite similar, maybe can give the cheap ones a try.
Usage wise, sometimes the juicer do get stuck, and the troubleshooting in
the manual doesn't really solve the problems ... lol ;)
It takes time to get used to the juicer.
I love to juice but I really hate to clean up the juicer.:s13:

tellim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after sometimes, u have all kinds of slow juicers that copy hurom.

UncleG

Master Member
Reaction score
Bought 2 hurom juicers from Qoo10, one of those Korean sellers, incl. shopping est. 350sgd each. Whether they are so called authentic, I can't guarantee but so far, so good.

Best thing to juice are grapes...real sweet!:s12:

jennylinse

Reaction score
Omega Slow Juicer

Omega is another slow juicer that is very new on the local market now. The vrt402 is the newest version of the previous vrt352, maybe you guys like to check it out by searching for vrt402 Omega Juicer.

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I really mountain tortoise. Learnt something new today. So slow juicers really so much better than those Philips types?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.