HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best ramen in Singapore

Like Tree600Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #2191
High Supremacy Member

Yeah i think a tonkotsu base is quite popular here. But any preferred variation?
i kind of like the soup in tori king
redname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #2192
Sen
Honorary Member

1 Bowl of Noboru Signature Ramen + Free Flow Green Tea - Serves Only The Best Ramen Recipes From Central Tokyo & Osaka (Valid Till 30 Aug 2013) | inSing.com Super Deals - Best Singapore Deals and Discount Coupons
Sen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #2193
Sen
Honorary Member

Hiro @ 203 Hougang Street 21, near Kovan MRT station. Ordered Hakata ramen ($5) with extra slice of pork (add $1)~

Really better than expected. The soup is not too thick or diluted, noodle texture is great. Sliced pork so so. Egg can be better. Overall great value for $$$. dun mind coming back if got craving & on budget.

Old 16-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #2194
Greater Supremacy Member

my ramen lunch

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #2195
High Supremacy Member

How is the portion?
not enough for u probably... but probably hard to find anything that is enough for u...

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #2196
High Supremacy Member

Pork bone based.
pork bone based for me too...

regards,
wacky
Old 16-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #2197
High Supremacy Member

Hiro @ 203 Hougang Street 21, near Kovan MRT station. Ordered Hakata ramen ($5) with extra slice of pork (add $1)~

Really better than expected. The soup is not too thick or diluted, noodle texture is great. Sliced pork so so. Egg can be better. Overall great value for $$$. dun mind coming back if got craving & on budget.
huh... u like the noodle texture...?? either it's personal preferences or their quality inconsistent... i find the noodles too rough and a bit hard... not Q at all...

soup while it's not diluted... i find it's too one dimensional on the salty side...

edit: oh u ordered the hakata ramen... maybe i try that one next time... the one i had was the tonkatsu with black garlic one...

meat is too tough...

egg was decent...

another deal... Only $26 for $40 Dining Cash Voucher at Daruma Ramen House, Orchard

but last time the 1-for-1 opening promo was better...

regards,
wacky

Last edited by wackykid; 16-08-2013 at 11:05 PM..
Old 16-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #2198
Greater Supremacy Member

not enough for u probably... but probably hard to find anything that is enough for u...

regards,
wacky
baihouken........

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #2199
Sen
Honorary Member

Maybe i don't like too soft. I prefer my wanton mee to be springy, firm type.

My buddy also use this term 'too one dimensional' for the soup.

huh... u like the noodle texture...?? either it's personal preferences or their quality inconsistent... i find the noodles too rough and a bit hard... not Q at all...

soup while it's not diluted... i find it's too one dimensional on the salty side...

edit: oh u ordered the hakata ramen... maybe i try that one next time... the one i had was the tonkatsu with black garlic one...

meat is too tough...

egg was decent...

regards,
wacky
Actually i find Daruma Ramen nice. Think can ask my buddy to whack.

another deal... Only $26 for $40 Dining Cash Voucher at Daruma Ramen House, Orchard

but last time the 1-for-1 opening promo was better...

regards,
wacky
Old 17-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #2200
High Supremacy Member

Maybe i don't like too soft. I prefer my wanton mee to be springy, firm type.
no... but i find it's not springy at all... i like firm and springy noodles too... but this one is just hard and rough...

My buddy also use this term 'too one dimensional' for the soup.
ya... cos u can't really taste much other flavors other than saltiness lor... there are some other thicker and more salty ramen soups i've drank b4.. like menya's one... but those have many dimensions so it's more interesting and not just plain salty lor...

Actually i find Daruma Ramen nice. Think can ask my buddy to whack.
ya i think it's not bad too... i remember the charshu is pretty tender...

regards,
wacky
Old 17-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #2201

I also personally also don't like this style, I also prefer more 'q' myself.

However this type of noodle is kind of the style of Hakata ramen... hence why I stay away from Ikkousha at Ramen Champion. Hence I won't complain about the noodle as it is signature.

Anyway the soup is not too terrible for me. Some restaurants that serve ramen for over 2x-3x the price can't even get their soup right... So in that context I thought this shop at least gives a 'fk' to their soup.
k0sm0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #2202

If there is one ramen that I would like to try in Japan, it would be the Jiro Ramen.

Menya Shin Chan (now no longer around) sold a variant of Jiro with loads of vegetables. The closest now I guess would be Bario that is at Ramen Champion (pales in comparison to the Jiro from Menya Shin Chan) . Eaten with loads of raw garlic.
Hmm Jiro Style with lots of veges... there's one dish at Airport T3's ramen champion Riki Ramen... They serve Jiro Style but there's a variation with lots of veges, I like to order that one.

However I do remember their quality dropped alot compared to initial... Now is ah tiong cooking and although it is still good, initially Riki has super nice chashuu... Now I think not so good liao...
k0sm0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #2203

Hmm Jiro Style with lots of veges... there's one dish at Airport T3's ramen champion Riki Ramen... They serve Jiro Style but there's a variation with lots of veges, I like to order that one.

However I do remember their quality dropped alot compared to initial... Now is ah tiong cooking and although it is still good, initially Riki has super nice chashuu... Now I think not so good liao...
I've tried Riki. I think it is alright. But to travel all the way from the west to eat, I think not worth my time.

Here's a link to a clip on Youtube about Jiro Ramen. I think if Swordsman order the normal one, should be sufficient for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fetJx3FCcY
Assenkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #2204
Master Member

Can any kind souls teach me wat do.u mean by a one dimensional soup n vice versa? Thanx
decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #2205
High Supremacy Member

Can any kind souls teach me wat do.u mean by a one dimensional soup n vice versa? Thanx
i mean "one-dimensional" refers to taste... may it be soup or can be any food... if you want to know what is 100% one-dimensional just go and boil some salt in plain water and drink... or boil some pure sugar in plain water and drink...

so when i mean something taste one dimensional means there is only like one taste... a "multi-dimensional" taste would be one where you don't just taste it to be simply salty or simply sweet... even though the food may be strong in one particular taste... you would also experience a blend of other kind of tastes inside...

I also personally also don't like this style, I also prefer more 'q' myself.

However this type of noodle is kind of the style of Hakata ramen... hence why I stay away from Ikkousha at Ramen Champion. Hence I won't complain about the noodle as it is signature.

Anyway the soup is not too terrible for me. Some restaurants that serve ramen for over 2x-3x the price can't even get their soup right... So in that context I thought this shop at least gives a 'fk' to their soup.
i agree about the price... at $5.50 can't really compare it with restaurants....

regards,
wacky
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.