Best ramen in Singapore

FrogGreen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Right now, the best ramen I tasted is Bari Uma. followed by Miharu a close second.

Ippudo maybe in a fourth or fifth.

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Tonkotsu Ikkyu (Ramen Champion) @ Bugis+

S$16.90 for special tonkotsu ramen. The broth is milky & flavorsome, but with some porky odour taste. Meat is ham like, but very nice texture because of the slow cooking process. Lava egg very fap. :lick:

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score

S$16.90 for special tonkotsu ramen. The broth is milky & flavorsome, but with some porky odour taste. Meat is ham like, but very nice texture because of the slow cooking process. Lava egg very fap. :lick:

I tried this using coupon the other time at T3, wasn't to my liking. The meat was like a but raw, probably like parma ham, which I didn't feel goes well with the ramen.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Maybe i will go there try 1 day.

got upsize option ????

Assenkay

Reaction score
Finally managed to visit Sanpoutei at HV.

I noticed that they had tsukemen and the dipping broth was made of sardines and bonito, which was what they were famous for, it was a no brainer.

After a short wait, my order came. The tsukemen boasts a 1.5x noodle serving.

The dipping broth was nice and thick, full of bonito flavour with small chunks of char shu swimming inside.

They give you a small jug with wari soup to dilute the dipping broth so you can drink it like a regular soup after you finish your noodles. Menya Musashi used to have this but then I think their normal dipping broth is not even thick so no point in diluting.

Damage: $17.05 after all the taxes.

Personally I quite enjoy the dipping broth for the tsukemen. The portion of noodles is ok. If you are looking to eat loads of noodles, you are better off at Musashi. My only gripe is that while the pieces of pork in the dipping broth was tasty, the amount was too little, almost close to non-existent. :(

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Ikkousha Hakata Ramen @ Blk 7 Tanjong Pagar Plaza.

S$12++ for shoyu ramen. The soup is salty and flavorsome, a nice break from the normal tontoksu broth. The noodle used is also different, slightly thicker compared to their normal ones. :o

k0sm0s

Reaction score
Just tried Brother's Ramen after seeing Sen's thread.
When I walked past it initially the pictures on the menu did not give me much confidence, but since Sen said good I decided to try as well.

Wow it is good, the soup is thick, noodles were good, the chashuu had it's own good points. (The chashuu isn't big nor very fatty, but the outer edges felt like it was grilled which feels like the skin, was nice).

Way better than some restaurants here. It is the soup that makes me say this is up there with the best we have in Singapore. A good thing is it does not taste very 'generic', like many Hakata-style ramen.

Cons is it is not cheap. Rising to 3x the price from when it was at Homebaked Dough, it is more expensive than Keisuke. Good thing is the price is nett so does not feel that bad.
Getting a free noodle top up helps relief that wallet pain.

Considering this is a local sinkie creation, really impressed they have came up with a ramen that can fight Japanese creations.

Special ramen set (Comes with a drink and a free topping): $19
Ala carte costs $14-$17 I think?
vB1Kgor.jpg

Last edited:

daxiong88

Reaction score
Just tried this ramen in T3 last sat, thumbs up!

m1kid85

Master Member
Reaction score
Ramen keisuke tonkotsu king @ Orchid Hotel. Best Ramen in Singapore for my taste..

u8U6hKP.jpg

This ramen needs no introduction. I had a craving for the egg, so just satisfy it. :o[/QUOTE]

clokwerk0

Reaction score
When it comes to ramen I usually go for Tsukemen...

My go to places for Tsukemen would be Daikokuya's Robertson Walk branch (only the Tsukemen at this branch pass muster) and Sannpoutei @HV... Menya Musashi's Tsukemen I find kinda meh...

Picture of Daikokuya's Robertson Walk Tsukemen serving:
15%2B-%2B1

Sannpoutei's Tsukemen broth has a little bit more fishy flavour as compared to Daikokuya's...

But the best Tsukemen I've ever eaten would be the one at Fu-unji in Shinjuku... Even though they sell regular ramen as well, the Tsukemen is their specialty and 95% of the diners order Tsukemen... Dined there three times during my short stay...

Picture of Fu-unji's Tsukemen...
15%2B-%2B1

Their Tsukemen broth has a prominent smoky fish flavour whichibalances well with the base tonkotsu stock... But don't expect big pork slices, they serve theirs in small thin cubes...

Zaalaa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ramen Champion at bugis only Buta God has nice nia. The rest really like crap.

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Brothers Ramen @ International Plaza.

S$16.90 for super ramen. They're using both chicken & pork for their broth, a bit too light for me. The ham like meat is delicious, kinda similar to Tonkotsu Ikkyu's version. Self made noodle also very nice & springy. :D

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Brothers Ramen @ International Plaza.

S$16.90 for super ramen. They're using both chicken & pork for their broth, a bit too light for me. The ham like meat is delicious, kinda similar to Tonkotsu Ikkyu's version. Self made noodle also very nice & springy. :D

Must order the braised pork. :s12::s12::s12::s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.