Best ramen in Singapore

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
noodles changed..brought down the overall quality :(

i can't really tell as far as noodle quality is concerned... but then the last visit earlier this month to Central outlet... even the pork cheeks for the first time ever is tougher than usual...!! :(

regards,
wacky

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Who else think Santouka standard have dropped? or is it just me eating there until sianz liao? :(
For me I beh tahan the saltiness. If you unlucky get the "cut" of pork cheek that has a lot of that dark brown "surface," combine with the saltiness of the broth, wahlau super sodium overload mang.

Noctilucence

Reaction score
Just sharing my personal preference here.

Favorite ramen places i.e. will go there specially to eat:
Baikouken
Ippudo
Santouka

Ok-ok ramen places i.e. will go if in the area and there's no better alternative:
Noodle House Ken
Hachifukumaru by Nantsuttei
Marutama
Men-ichi (JP)

Not-so-keen ramen places i.e. will go only if friends insist
Yoshimaru
Nantsuttei
Keisuke

Die die also won't eat:
Ajisan

You can disagree but that's not going to change my mind. :s13:

on Santouka, when was the noodles changed? I didn't notice anything, but then its been a while since I last ate there.
Previously, I was rather impressed by Santouka because I ate at a couple of their branches in Tokyo, and the local price and taste are rather similar to those over there.

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
Who else think Santouka standard have dropped? or is it just me eating there until sianz liao? :(

noodles changed..brought down the overall quality :(

i can't really tell as far as noodle quality is concerned... but then the last visit earlier this month to Central outlet... even the pork cheeks for the first time ever is tougher than usual...!! :(

regards,
wacky

For me I beh tahan the saltiness. If you unlucky get the "cut" of pork cheek that has a lot of that dark brown "surface," combine with the saltiness of the broth, wahlau super sodium overload mang.

:eek: don't like that leh.. i bought the insing voucher after saw all the raves.. :(

japsfx

Reaction score
ippudo ramen? I tried once and will never go back again! Overated and pricey.

Santouka standard did not dropped, I just went recently. Still the best!

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

agree santouka still maintain while nastsuite drops

larcano

Reaction score
IMO ippudo is overrated. The standard dropped vastly since when it first opened. The last time I went, soupbase was too dilute, amt of noodles reduced by almost half, egg sux...the focus seems more on profit than a bowl of good ramen...told myself I won't eat there again. I still dun understand why the queue's so long...

chacosg

Reaction score

ippudo
pricey yes
overrated by locals yes
overrated no

my fav is also Santouka!

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ate at RamenPlay.

Cha Shu Double Soup Ramen - My colleague asked for the five slices version.

CompanyOuting125.jpg

Sanpou Tonkotsu Ramen - Me opted for the pork bone soup version which was so delicious.

CompanyOuting126.jpg

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ate at RamenPlay.

Sanpou Tonkotsu Ramen - Me opted for the pork bone soup version which was so delicious.

ramenplay nice meh...? how is it compared to others like santouka... ippudo tao... keisuke... or even ramen champion stalls...??

regards,
wacky

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ramenplay nice meh...? how is it compared to others like santouka... ippudo tao... keisuke... or even ramen champion stalls...??

regards,
wacky

I can't compare as I never eaten at those places you mention. Actually that was my first time going to eat ramen.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can't compare as I never eaten at those places you mention. Actually that was my first time going to eat ramen.

.... as i suspected........ :s13:

urm... if u find ramenplay nice already.... then u really should go and try those more famous ramen.... :deg:

regards,
wacky

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.