HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 10:26 PM   #9511

post lor, I dun care liao. If I feel like OTing, I will OT as much as I like. nobody is able to stop me.

at the most, I dun join in future outings.
Like that you angry liao, we are just joking only. But your OTing is real hor.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 08-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #9512
Greater Supremacy Member

you never heard of this ? 惹熊,惹虎,别惹到女人。

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #9513
Greater Supremacy Member

post lor, I dun care liao. If I feel like OTing, I will OT as much as I like. nobody is able to stop me.

at the most, I dun join in future outings.
no need to feel upset.. I'm sure they know their limits.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #9514

OK, now for the JTown's makan pictures:

This fish cake dish really tasted like flour only.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #9515

D24 durian Matarbak

This all-in-one version has peanuts, cheese, chocolate and condensed milk and it actually tasted nice.

Moi had two cups of the iced Teh Tarik.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #9516
Master Member

looking at ur cup of tea makes me even more thirsty.... ai....
Old 08-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #9517

looking at ur cup of tea makes me even more thirsty.... ai....
Not too sweet and has the taste of bitterness of the tea which I like.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #9518
High Supremacy Member

of cos!
b4 u disturb me u nvr go & check my background to see if I'm disturbable.
nao I ish pang chance a little bit on seeing tat u all r little scared liao ...
Old 08-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #9519

of cos!
b4 u disturb me u nvr go & check my background to see if I'm disturbable.
nao I ish pang chance a little bit on seeing tat u all r little scared liao ...
Not scared hor but give you face.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:30 PM   #9520
Arch-Supremacy Member

K, just finish bathing after doing some exercise. Should be able to burn off abt 75% of the JTown meal. Lucky i gave away 1/3 of the sinfully rich pancake

as for toons.. goody !!!

lol.... now lets all pray for our dearest toons.
Huh? Me no understand. Pray for me for what? Btw, how did raven do for the abalone eating contest? I'm sure that he will qualify for the finals.

Here's my cents abt the JTown meal. Twtan, borrow your pics.

I had this black pepper chicken noodles or black pepper bakmie ayam.

I quite liked it. The black pepper sauce was flavourful and not too spicy. The chicken was tender and well marinated. The noodles was quite nice too. Not as springy as those chinese la mien, but still got some texture, n it does not have those akaline taste of the chinese yellow noodles. Dmg - $4.50

I added beef balls for $1. The pic showed a separate order of beef ball soup. The $1 addition were just 3 balls. I liked the beef balls too. The balls were springy and had a nice beef taste. I would prefer the beef taste to be slightly stronger. The soup however was so so only.

This was the goreng pangsit or fried dumpling. Aka, pang sai according to Bluebell (thanks hor ...)

Served crispy and hot, i found it not bad. Had a slight crunchy bite to it, a bit like the water chestnut my mum uses in her niong hiang. The filling seems to be mostly veg i think. Somehow did not really wow me. Think i prefer it with more juicy meat filling. $2.50 for 3.

Ordered a large martabak aka pancake ($6.90). 1/2 was D24 and 1/2 was choc+peanut. Traded with swordsman for his cheese pancake, so ended up trying 3 flavours. It was very similar to our ban chiang kuen, just a lot thicker. I am a carb person, so i dun really mind the thicker flour wrapping, esp with strong tasting fillings.

The D24 durian filling was decent. They used a good amt of actual durian pulp. I would prefer it to be slightly sweeter and more bitter. It would also taste a great deal better if the durian filling was chilled more and the pancake hotter.

The cheese filling was decent too. Not too salty and nice cheesy taste.

The choc+peanut filling was also decent. Could do with more choc.

If you combine both the cheese and the peanut+choc filling, the whole thing tasted a lot better. The saltiness of the cheese with the sweetness of the choc. The crunchiness of the peanut with the cheesy fragance. I recommend the cheese+peanut+choc filling.

As for whether it was worth it.

Price wise, I reread the review, and found that prices seemed to be quite a bit higher. The review showed the bakmie with the 3 beef balls but did not mention having to pay an additional $1 for the beef balls. The large pancake was supposed to be $5.70, but was now $6.90. However, considering that we are eating right in the middle of orchard road, i think that the prices were still reasonable. However, i always feel its not justified for eateries to raise prices after been reviewed.

Tastewise, i generally liked the food. Quite nice.

All in all, i enjoyed the meal and the company even more. Nice meeting and chatting with all of you!

Last edited by Toons; 08-01-2011 at 11:34 PM..
Old 08-01-2011, 11:31 PM   #9521
Supremacy Member

no worries man..

what job you working ? why weekends still need to work ? hopefully the pay is good.
tech。。
if pay ish gd no need do ot le。。
Old 08-01-2011, 11:35 PM   #9522

hows the food? u were there right?
so-so only...the martabak or rather meechangkuay, the flour is v thick.
bakmee is quite alright
Official EDMW Tag Heuer Watch Owners Club. - 41th member
Official Cat Owners - 15th member ~meow~

♥☼ |ink|iN paRk & tOk|o hoTe| ♥☼
Old 08-01-2011, 11:36 PM   #9523
Greater Supremacy Member

K, just finish bathing after doing some exercise. Should be able to burn off abt 75% of the JTown meal. Lucky i gave away 1/3 of the sinfully rich pancake

Huh? Me no understand. Pray for me for what? Btw, how did raven do for the abalone eating contest? I'm sure that he will qualify for the finals.

Here's my cents abt the JTown meal. Twtan, borrow your pics.

I had this black pepper chicken noodles or black pepper bakmie ayam.

I quite liked it. The black pepper sauce was flavourful and not too spicy. The chicken was tender and well marinated. The noodles was quite nice too. Not as springy as those chinese la mien, but still got some texture, n it does not have those akaline taste of the chinese yellow noodles. Dmg - $4.50

I added beef balls for $1. The pic showed a separate order of beef ball soup. The $1 addition were just 3 balls. I liked the beef balls too. The balls were springy and had a nice beef taste. I would prefer the beef taste to be slightly stronger. The soup however was so so only.

This was the goreng pangsit or fried dumpling. Aka, pang sai according to Bluebell (thanks hor ...)

Served crispy and hot, i found it not bad. Had a slight crunchy bite to it, a bit like the water chestnut my mum uses in her niong hiang. The filling seems to be mostly veg i think. Somehow did not really wow me. Think i prefer it with more juicy meat filling. $2.50 for 3.

Ordered a large martabak aka pancake ($6.90). 1/2 was D24 and 1/2 was choc+peanut. Traded with swordsman for his cheese pancake, so ended up trying 3 flavours. It was very similar to our ban chiang kuen, just a lot thicker. I am a carb person, so i dun really mind the thicker flour wrapping, esp with strong tasting fillings.

The D24 durian filling was decent. They used a good amt of actual durian pulp. I would prefer it to be slightly sweeter and more bitter. It would also taste a great deal better if the durian filling was chilled more and the pancake hotter.

The cheese filling was decent too. Not too salty and nice cheesy taste.

The choc+peanut filling was also decent. Could do with more choc.

If you combine both the cheese and the peanut+choc filling, the whole thing tasted a lot better. The saltiness of the cheese with the sweetness of the choc. The crunchiness of the peanut with the cheesy fragance. I recommend the cheese+peanut+choc filling.

As for whether it was worth it.

Price wise, I reread the review, and found that prices seemed to be quite a bit higher. The review showed the bakmie with the 3 beef balls but did not mention having to pay an additional $1 for the beef balls. The large pancake was supposed to be $5.70, but was now $6.90. However, considering that we are eating right in the middle of orchard road, i think that the prices were still reasonable. However, i always feel its not justified for eateries to raise prices after been reviewed.

Tastewise, i generally liked the food. Quite nice.

All in all, i enjoyed the meal and the company even more. Nice meeting and chatting with all of you!
will patronize them if happened to passby but will not specifically go down there just to makan.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #9524
Greater Supremacy Member

tech。。
if pay ish gd no need do ot le。。
cos weekend have to work so need ot pay.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #9525

Just reach home.

to be honest is actually 10-20% full due to the coke. if not you guys may give me the "shocked" look like the waitress at golden mile.

Anyway now 0%, luckily i go cold storage bought a whole black pepper chicken for $5.99.
cheaper than ur dinner !
Official EDMW Tag Heuer Watch Owners Club. - 41th member
Official Cat Owners - 15th member ~meow~

♥☼ |ink|iN paRk & tOk|o hoTe| ♥☼
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.