HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree754Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #1516
Arch-Supremacy Member

Well, he was holding a plateful of lobsters ...

He legs hands damn fast ... i had to wait til 1 hr+ into the buffet b4 i managed to hook my first lobster
I got the chef to peng the lobsters for me
OKCATYEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #1517
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oh..so we were not exceptions. He is known for macarons keeper and daokia.

Nope, claypot did the job. The son sat there eat and sang to himself once a in while haha. I only offered him the lollipops I kapoh from the candy jars

Lobsters seemed to be available whole night yesterday. Around 8 onwards the queue shortened. But not promised for tonight? Maybe what leftover yesterday night is the balance for tonight

Old stomach digestion not good, bo bian. First plate of lobsters already 1/3 full. What to do...I even gave up a super tempting plump oyster after contemplating for sometime

To avoid the need to share with you his food first if got acknowledged as member here
What daokia I shy shy.
Old 20-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #1518
Arch-Supremacy Member

He is chao stalker...hahah

That time at Edge also he pretend dunno us
Later you sexpose moi da bao macarons
Old 20-09-2014, 03:19 PM   #1519
High Supremacy Member

Btw, Brazil churrasco celebrating their anniversary this Wed 24. Offering 20% discount. Think end up same price as their Sunday brunch. Just in case you keen. Their dinner spread is better right?
Actually Sunday brunch is the same menu as dinner haha

Ya I tried calling for the free makan but impossible one siah
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 03:22 PM   #1520
High Supremacy Member

Thanks. Sigh. Win some, lose some
Beef rendang was tough and too sweet

Stewed pork belly was not stewed enough

Only got chicken satay and it was meh

Laksa was ok but ran out very fast

Dessert was damn sad - din even want to try zzzz

Cant wait for PT hahah
Old 20-09-2014, 03:22 PM   #1521
High Supremacy Member

Later you sexpose moi da bao macarons
As if we dont already know zzzz
Toons likes this.
Old 20-09-2014, 03:26 PM   #1522

Had buffet at basilico regent hotel yesterday. Very nice, but the spread not very wide.
Quite a small restaurant but thats OK with me

I must be losing my appetite though as i get older. Cant seem to eat so much
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #1523
Master Member

Gum sia. Bo try their bread n indian corner? I remember not bad too.

Btw, wat hp you using? Your pic of the lobs not bad. Turned out quite well even on PC monitor.
note 3 lo, i wanted to try the indian store but abit full so give it a misssssss
Old 20-09-2014, 06:39 PM   #1524
Arch-Supremacy Member

Note 4 coming out 17 can take better photos
etoilebiscuit likes this.
jgyy1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #1525
Master Member

Choi! ... i going tonight you know. See, even the heavens going to weep for all the lobsters tats going to perish tonight ...

If bo lobsters, i jitao go next door eat xlb liao keke, going to do my pre-buffet prep liao
did you manage to get your unlimited lobsters with short queue? yesterday etoilebiscuit said you not confirm going today .. you alone?
shalome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 11:40 PM   #1526
Arch-Supremacy Member

did you manage to get your unlimited lobsters with short queue? yesterday etoilebiscuit said you not confirm going today .. you alone?
We actually a bit hesitant after all the negative reviews, but luckily ytd's comments slightly better, so decided to just give it a try since we dun have high expectations afterall.

Lobsters generally tough ... or too chewy to be exact. Tough too strong a word. Certain pieces were better though ... Midway, they ran out of lobsters n changed to just serving the pincers. Then a while later, the lobsters came back again. Queue wasn't tat long. Actually restaurant only abt 80% full nia.

Veal cheeks nice. Fatty n tender. Cooked prawns over cooked n not fresh. Oysters not bad. Roasted meats, beef carving, sashimi all okay nia. Their ice cream/sorbet not bad, esp nice is the lime sorbet. Other desserts also avg imo. Although they have several choc desserts, but they added orange peel to the choc which i dun fancy.

Liked their earl grey n mint teas. Service is good.

Overall, okay dinner. Nothing really outstanding. Dun think i will be going back anytime soon even at $52 nett lor. At the same price range, i prefer other places, eg, Hilton's seafood buffet.

Last edited by Toons; 20-09-2014 at 11:43 PM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 12:00 AM   #1527
Master Member

We actually a bit hesitant after all the negative reviews, but luckily ytd's comments slightly better, so decided to just give it a try since we dun have high expectations afterall.

Lobsters generally tough ... or too chewy to be exact. Tough too strong a word. Certain pieces were better though ... Midway, they ran out of lobsters n changed to just serving the pincers. Then a while later, the lobsters came back again. Queue wasn't tat long. Actually restaurant only abt 80% full nia.

Veal cheeks nice. Fatty n tender. Cooked prawns over cooked n not fresh. Oysters not bad. Roasted meats, beef carving, sashimi all okay nia. Their ice cream/sorbet not bad, esp nice is the lime sorbet. Other desserts also avg imo. Although they have several choc desserts, but they added orange peel to the choc which i dun fancy.

Liked their earl grey n mint teas. Service is good.

Overall, okay dinner. Nothing really outstanding. Dun think i will be going back anytime soon even at $52 nett lor. At the same price range, i prefer other places, eg, Hilton's seafood buffet.
agree with ur post.

joelleyuan loves the lime sorbet and i had it too found it good,
their sorbet really buay pai.

i think 52 eat 1 time ok la, if cont this std den maybe no
Old 21-09-2014, 12:18 AM   #1528
Arch-Supremacy Member

Carey, need your advice.

Just did my health screening n a bit worried abt my LDL reading.

For a person strictly on the low carb n sugar + high fats diet, what kind of cholesterol profile should he be seeing? Not tat i'm on it, I cheat way too much

Triglycerides : should be low(which is good cos trigs are bad)

HDL : should be high (which is good as HDL is considered good cholesterol)

How abt LDL? Should a person on LCHF diet be seeing high or low LDL?

Mine is high, which is worrying as LDL is considered bad cholesterol. In fact, the high LDL combined with high HDL resulted in a high total cholesterol reading (although the 'Total/HDL ratio' is still normal).

Remembered you saying that the more impt reading is Triglycerides, but i'm not sure if a 'low Triglycerides with high LDL' profile is considered 'okay'.

My doc asking me to consider cholesterol meds ... Not keen. I'll rather go back to drinking veg soups n eating fishes n cutting back on buffets to reduce my LDL. When i did it in '09, my LDL only 63 nia, which is optimal, but its very sian lor.

Gum sia in advance!

Last edited by Toons; 21-09-2014 at 12:22 AM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 12:53 AM   #1529
High Supremacy Member

To buffet lovers n all those on high fats meat diet:

eat everything in moderation.
so wat if one's cholesterol level is healthy? eating too much of one particular kind of food increases his risk of getting cancers.
BEWARE!

fm granny mum who surprisingly had gd cholesterol level despite being obese (making fitzai toons both angry n jealous )
Carey, need your advice.

Just did my health screening n a bit worried abt my LDL reading.

For a person strictly on the low carb n sugar + high fats diet, what kind of cholesterol profile should he be seeing? Not tat i'm on it, I cheat way too much

Triglycerides : should be low(which is good cos trigs are bad)

HDL : should be high (which is good as HDL is considered good cholesterol)

How abt LDL? Should a person on LCHF diet be seeing high or low LDL?

Mine is high, which is worrying as LDL is considered bad cholesterol. In fact, the high LDL combined with high HDL resulted in a high total cholesterol reading (although the 'Total/HDL ratio' is still normal).

Remembered you saying that the more impt reading is Triglycerides, but i'm not sure if a 'low Triglycerides with high LDL' profile is considered 'okay'.

My doc asking me to consider cholesterol meds ... Not keen. I'll rather go back to drinking veg soups n eating fishes n cutting back on buffets to reduce my LDL. When i did it in '09, my LDL only 63 nia, which is optimal, but its very sian lor.

Gum sia in advance!
Missumuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 05:25 AM   #1530
Master Member

joelleyuan loves the lime sorbet and i had it too found it good,
their sorbet really buay pai.

i think 52 eat 1 time ok la, if cont this std den maybe no
ya the Lime sorbet was crazy nice.
Anyone has any idea what brand is it? can get from outside?
Shalome tried to ask the guy serving the ice-cream counter but he seemed blur blur... :x
Joelleyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.