HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree760Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2014, 05:32 AM   #1531
Master Member

ya the Lime sorbet was crazy nice.
Anyone has any idea what brand is it? can get from outside?
Shalome tried to ask the guy serving the ice-cream counter but he seemed blur blur... :x
Twtan last time posted as haagen dazs. I confirmed the server for the icecream counter he stared at me and in doubt. I changed my question.. asked him is it inhouse icecream he said yaya.. somemore the flavors remained the same as of twtan last time reviewed on f1 greenhouse..

I also don't know...
shalome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 06:52 AM   #1532
Master Member

Twtan last time posted as haagen dazs. I confirmed the server for the icecream counter he stared at me and in doubt. I changed my question.. asked him is it inhouse icecream he said yaya.. somemore the flavors remained the same as of twtan last time reviewed on f1 greenhouse..

I also don't know...
dun think it is haagen dazs, i too like their lime sorbet and chocolate ice cream. Had 2 helpings. I ever ate haagen dazs lime sorbet b4 and it's does not have the lime pieces.

Wow the coffee really quite strong. Cannot sleep at all.

kim su-han-mu ....
Kahlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 07:54 AM   #1533

I also don't know...
Was told previously it's from Häagen-Dazs. Last time the lime sorbet was even more sour but maybe they did switch to their own in-house creations.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
twtan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 08:13 AM   #1534
Master Member

Was told previously it's from Häagen-Dazs. Last time the lime sorbet was even more sour but maybe they did switch to their own in-house creations.
Even more sour?! wah kao i like! :p

but i googled, Haagen Dazs doesnt seem to have Lime Sorbet leh... only showed Lemon Sorbet...
Joelleyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 08:19 AM   #1535
High Supremacy Member

i think maybe icecream is haagen dazs then sorbet inhouse de or something ba
Old 21-09-2014, 08:27 AM   #1536

Even more sour?! wah kao i like! :p

but i googled, Haagen Dazs doesnt seem to have Lime Sorbet leh... only showed Lemon Sorbet...
Yeah, the lime sorbet very sour last time, actually too sour for me. I preferred the current one.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
twtan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 08:55 AM   #1537
Master Member

alamak...so sour sorbet so many like..haha Perhaps is movenpick instead of haagen, if is a commercial brand instead of in-house

but the icecream dipping cabinet didn't put brand name right if I didn't miss out. Cos I thought if is commercial brand, will need display or something. Although I also not sure about cremo lor.. Lol.

Last edited by shalome; 21-09-2014 at 09:09 AM..
shalome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 08:55 AM   #1538
Arch-Supremacy Member

Carey, need your advice.

Just did my health screening n a bit worried abt my LDL reading.

For a person strictly on the low carb n sugar + high fats diet, what kind of cholesterol profile should he be seeing? Not tat i'm on it, I cheat way too much

Triglycerides : should be low(which is good cos trigs are bad)

HDL : should be high (which is good as HDL is considered good cholesterol)

How abt LDL? Should a person on LCHF diet be seeing high or low LDL?

Mine is high, which is worrying as LDL is considered bad cholesterol. In fact, the high LDL combined with high HDL resulted in a high total cholesterol reading (although the 'Total/HDL ratio' is still normal).

Remembered you saying that the more impt reading is Triglycerides, but i'm not sure if a 'low Triglycerides with high LDL' profile is considered 'okay'.

My doc asking me to consider cholesterol meds ... Not keen. I'll rather go back to drinking veg soups n eating fishes n cutting back on buffets to reduce my LDL. When i did it in '09, my LDL only 63 nia, which is optimal, but its very sian lor.

Gum sia in advance!
My readings all ok, except HDL abit low. Doc recommends more exercise. Lol.
(^@^)" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #1539
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wow the coffee really quite strong. Cannot sleep at all.
Slept like the dead at abt 3am after watching Edge After Tomorrow. Nice show btw. Interesting storyline.
Old 21-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #1540
Arch-Supremacy Member

fm granny mum who surprisingly had gd cholesterol level despite being obese (making fitzai toons both angry n jealous )
Huh? Why be jealous or angry over someone's good fortune? I'm glad that your granny mum is healthy.

So emo now ... i just got upgraded from an old bui bui uncker to one with high cholesterol as well

My readings all ok, except HDL abit low. Doc recommends more exercise. Lol.
Good for you! You should babysit your 2 kids more often. Hella of an exercise Maybe taken up some sports together with them. Great way to bond. Your big daughter can do swimming or something already right?

Last edited by Toons; 21-09-2014 at 09:39 AM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 09:45 AM   #1541
Arch-Supremacy Member

Buffet Dinner at Elements@Amara Hotel
Date: Tue 23 Sep
Time: 630pm
Price: $49 nett via voucher

Click here for menu

AMARA HOTEL Singapore: $48.90 For International New Revamped Dinner Buffet At The Element - Includes Singapore Chili Crab, Free Flow of Oysters, Lobsters, Double-boiled Black Chicken Soup with Ginseng for Pioneer Generation and many more (Valid Daily)

Participants
1. Toons
2. Kahlan
3. jgyy1990

Anyone wanna join us? Note tat if they dun have cod tat day, i will reschedule, so if your timing is tight, then better dun risk it as the voucher is til 30 Sep only

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wagyu BBQ n Sashimi Buffet Lunch @ 10kaichi
Date: Sat 27 Sep
Time: 12pm
Place: Keypoint/Citygate (beach road area)
Price: 50.80 voucher price (after adding in service charge is abt 56.30 nett)

Note: Voucher does not include drinks n ice cream. Free flow option for drinks n ice cream is chargable at extra 5+. Normal retail price is 54.90+ (60.40nett), also without drinks n ice cream, so voucher is cheaper by $4.10.

Click for voucher n menu

Yes, confirmed that they will have wagyu rosu.

Participants
1. Toons
2. Dennyz

*Note, this one needs min 2 diners, so if you can't make it at last min, you might have probs using your voucher on another date if you can't get another person to join you, so pls ensure you can make it before getting the voucher*

Last edited by Toons; 21-09-2014 at 11:29 PM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #1542
Master Member

Slept like the dead at abt 3am after watching Edge After Tomorrow. Nice show btw. Interesting storyline.
i couldn't sleep whole night.

I got in my notes (last time when i was checking on my own cholesterol) -

High Density Lipoproteins
High density lipoproteins, or HDL, are considered to be the "good cholesterol", because HDL’s role in the body is to take cholesterol to the liver for degredation or processing, as opposed to allowing the cholesterol to hang around in the blood. According to the National Cholesterol Education Program:

Any HDL level above more than 60 mg/dL (1.56 mmol/L) is considered high. A high HDL level is considered very healthy, since it has a protective role in guarding against heart disease.
An acceptable HDL range is between 40- 60 mg/dL (1.04–1.56 mmol/L).
An undesirable level of HDL is any level below 40 mg/dL (1.04 mmol/L). In this case, low HDL levels may help to contribute to heart disease.

Triglyceride Levels
Elevated levels of triglycerides are also a risk factor for heart disease. According to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute:

Triglyceride levels should be below 150 mg/dL (1.69 mmol/L).
Levels between 150 mg/dL (1.69 mmol/L ) and 199 mg/dL (2.25 mmol/L) are considered borderline high.
Levels between 200-499 mg/dL (2.26-5.63 mmol/L) are considered high.
Levels above 500 mg/dL (5.64 mmol/L) or considered extremely high.

Low Density Lipoproteins
Low density lipoproteins, also known as LDLs, are considered to be the "bad cholesterol". This type of lipoprotein circulates from the liver to other organs and tissues in the body, carrying cholesterol where it is needed. This type of cholesterol tends to linger and has been connected with various types of heart disease, including atherosclerosis, heart attack, stroke, and coronary heart disease. The current guidelines for LDL levels are:

LDL levels less than 100 mg/dL ( 2.6 mmol/L) are considered optimal.
LDL levels between 100 – 129 mg/dL (2.6–3.34 mmol/L) are considered near or above optimal.
LDL levels between 130 – 159 mg/dL (3.36–4.13 mmol/L) are considered borderline high.
LDL levels between 160 – 189 mg/dL (4.14 - 4.90 mmol/L) are considered high.
LDL levels at or above 190 mg/dL (4.91 mmol/L) is considered very high.

kim su-han-mu ....
Kahlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #1543

Buffet thread all of a sudden everyone so health conscious. Hehe
striker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #1544

Toons, before you take any cholesterol meds; I encourage you to read http://www.amazon.com/The-Great-Chol.../dp/1592335217.

Emerging science is showing that cholesterol levels are a poor predictor of heart disease and that standard prescriptions for lowering it, such as ineffective low-fat/high-carb diets and serious, side-effect-causing statin drugs, obscure the real causes of heart disease. Even doctors at leading institutions have been misled for years based on creative reporting of research results from pharmaceutical companies intent on supporting the $31-billion-a-year cholesterol-lowering drug industry.

Carey, need your advice.

Just did my health screening n a bit worried abt my LDL reading.

For a person strictly on the low carb n sugar + high fats diet, what kind of cholesterol profile should he be seeing? Not tat i'm on it, I cheat way too much

Triglycerides : should be low(which is good cos trigs are bad)

HDL : should be high (which is good as HDL is considered good cholesterol)

How abt LDL? Should a person on LCHF diet be seeing high or low LDL?

Mine is high, which is worrying as LDL is considered bad cholesterol. In fact, the high LDL combined with high HDL resulted in a high total cholesterol reading (although the 'Total/HDL ratio' is still normal).

Remembered you saying that the more impt reading is Triglycerides, but i'm not sure if a 'low Triglycerides with high LDL' profile is considered 'okay'.

My doc asking me to consider cholesterol meds ... Not keen. I'll rather go back to drinking veg soups n eating fishes n cutting back on buffets to reduce my LDL. When i did it in '09, my LDL only 63 nia, which is optimal, but its very sian lor.

Gum sia in advance!
carey likes this.
Clay Pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #1545

Parkroyal Lime Restaurant Buffet

Toons and innumerabilis like this.
cravescraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.