HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree698Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #151

Time to bring out the Cut Fruits and Ice Creams. For ice cream, they only have the green tea flavour topped with red bean. On my first trip, they were only two types of fruit while my second visit had honeydew, rock melon and watermelon.

Classic Buffet's Bill - If you can do without some of the dishes like the scallop sashimi, eel, ikura sushi or even the seasonal item, then by all means that the cheaper option which cost S$52.85, a good S$23.55 cheaper.

Premium Buffet's Bill - After adding in the 10% service charge and 7% GST, each of us ended up paying S$76.40.

Kushi Japanese Dining Bar is one of the better Japanese ala carte buffet place featuring a nice menu selections. With a cosier and spacious new location, it's now more accessible to most of us since the Novena MRT is just a stone's throw away. For the premium buffet, we weren't really impressed with the season item offered like the fishy red snapper. The Ultra King Prawn Tempura also lack the freshness as was the sweet shrimp. Plus point was the thick cuts of the sashimi which was the main reason we were there for. Service wise, the wait staffs were prompt and efficient in clearing the empty plates and topping up our drinks.
etoilebiscuit likes this.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session

Last edited by twtan14; 20-06-2014 at 09:03 PM..
twtan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2014, 05:19 PM   #152
Master Member

BOSS TAN, thanks for the photos!!!! is there anywhere can see the pics?

wanna show my friends
Old 18-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #153

Er, the pictures here cannot see? I don't have FB or use other picture hosting sites.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
twtan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #154
Master Member

Er, the pictures here cannot see? I don't have FB or use other picture hosting sites.
can see but worried later cant find cause my friends all boh hwz acc got anyway to copy link to post nawt. me noob.
Old 18-06-2014, 05:57 PM   #155
High Supremacy Member

can see but worried later cant find cause my friends all boh hwz acc got anyway to copy link to post nawt. me noob.
No need HWZ account to see

Just send them the link - can be individual post or the thread
Old 18-06-2014, 11:42 PM   #156
Master Member

@twtwan , @toons , @khalan,@natureview, @lengbebe, @mich and cat (food avengers), i would like to find out particularly for LUNCH, between 10@claymore / lime@pickering / aquamarine, which is more recommended? I have some guests coming in three batches in July and im thinking to zero-in on two of them.

Im drawn to aquamarine for its weekday lunch with the variety of crabs and lime for its oyster offering. Never been to 10@claymore but have learnt about them through this thread and keep hearing about them.So its tough to make a decision here.

*pricing for all are fine for me,so doesnt matter
*preferrably to have a good spread and good quality

Please advise
i went to aqua in april this year.
range and quality wise....i would prefer caurosel at scott royal since it's both halal.
Yes, they do have oysters, crabs etc.
having the 4 dine 1 free promo so not too bad.
monk.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2014, 11:48 PM   #157
Master Member

any good 1 for 1 deal...
I saw some in the early posts....for those who had went for the marriot buffet, how was it?
my last visit to marriot was like 5+years ago and it's not a good one...based on the food variety.
so wondering if they have changed for better?
monk.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2014, 08:58 AM   #158
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone else keen? So far got 3 pax. I'll be buying another voucher for carey later, so i can get for another else keen.

On top of steamboat buffet, they serving snow crab legs, durian paste, laksa n salmon sashimi. Chef Choo is the former exec chef of Straits Cafe, Rendezvous Hotel. So hopefully, the durian paste will be abt the same std as tat of Straits Cafe

It will be a Mon to Thu weekday dinner, as restricted by the voucher, during the 1st or 2nd week of Jul. Will prolly start from 6.30pm onwards. Voucher price is $24.80 nett.

DEAL Exclusive! Celebrity Chef Fatty Choo’s Snow Crab + Steamboat Buffet from $16.80 Onwards – Feast on Snow Crabs + Salmon Sashimi + Tiger Prawns + Over 80 Exciting Range of Buffet Menu (4 Soup Broths to Choose From)
Old 19-06-2014, 09:04 AM   #159
Master Member

No need HWZ account to see

Just send them the link - can be individual post or the thread
thanks thanks~
Old 19-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #160
High Supremacy Member

Mon or Wed works best for me
Old 19-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #161
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ah Tan, how is the current Kushi compared to the one at Windsor ? Any dip in standards ?

I'm still pretty sore about them removing the items to put it in their premium menu at a higher price.
Amaterasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #162
Master Member

I'm going to square this Saturday. Anything must die die cannot miss, and try?
Old 19-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #163
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm going to square this Saturday. Anything must die die cannot miss, and try?
Salmon sashimi got fatty belly, just need to be selective. If run out, just wait for refill.

Their spread keep changing, dun really have signature items, but I find most of their food not bad.

They should have steamed fish. Sometimes a bit over cooked, but it's fresh n the sauce is good.
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2014, 07:18 PM   #164
Master Member

Salmon sashimi got fatty belly, just need to be selective. If run out, just wait for refill.

Their spread keep changing, dun really have signature items, but I find most of their food not bad.

They should have steamed fish. Sometimes a bit over cooked, but it's fresh n the sauce is good.
Thanks! Will keep a look out
Old 19-06-2014, 10:19 PM   #165
Arch-Supremacy Member

all the experts.. thinking of gg for wkend lunch buffet.. in your view greenhouse or pan pacific orchard 10 at claymore nicer? sadly for lunch both dun have oyster and lobster..
SibehEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.