HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree725Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2014, 08:16 AM   #196
High Supremacy Member

The new trainee didnt know. Tell me a few types of tea and only coffee!! I wanted the cappu actually
Hmmm...in that case, better ask them first

They keep changing the entitlements
Old 25-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #197

i quite like basilico, the food not bad...

and cannot understand why this year i keep getting partially frozen food when i eat buffets, yah i quite like ice cream but that's a different kinda frozen leh
Old 25-06-2014, 12:05 PM   #198
High Supremacy Member

i quite like basilico, the food not bad...

and cannot understand why this year i keep getting partially frozen food when i eat buffets, yah i quite like ice cream but that's a different kinda frozen leh
Maybe they are hinting to you to "let it go"

Basilico like raised prices

Unless got discount, quite pricey their Sunday brunch now
Old 25-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #199
Master Member

Hmmm...in that case, better ask them first

They keep changing the entitlements
Sure, will be asking this Sunday.

Anyway, Since we are in Part 6, I was thinking, why not just share a little bit more about my thoughts regarding the buffet landscape in Singapore.

There are many buffet lines here. From the TRULY value for money, to the TRULY value for quality.

I began my buffet experience with Sakura. I remembered that was when I was still in primary school. Mummy and Daddy use to bring me there for celebrations. Birthday, Xmas, and so on. There were oysters, fresh cuts sashimi and wonderful cooked food. To me, it was a luxury.

Then when I got in secondary school, I began food hunting with my fellow classmates. Seoul garden, marina south steamboat buffet, windsor hotel porridge buffet and so on. At the same time, we start becoming more picky. Instead of feeling satisfied with the mass dishes put out by the kitchen, we picked on the quality, the variety, and the taste. We nit picked every single dish we tasted, and decided whether to make our next reservation here or not.

Soon after we graduated, while in tertiary instituition (Poly/Jc/Uni), with our part time jobs, we soon were able to afford more quality buffets. SCDH, The Line, GreenHouse, Ellenborough and so on. Bear in mind, we didnt have credit card, so every single cents we paid counts. We became even more picky than ever. Picking out only the best among all we have tried. From the whole smoked salmon on the grilling machine (from the line) to the free-flow lobsters (at greenhouse), we got inspired more and more. Eye-opening.

Then soon the experience became saturated. Just like Apple stops "wowing" the world with their familiar design language. We started to slow down in our buffet trips. Instead of looking forward and thrill, we ended up managing our expectations, treating every tasty treats as a bonus.
Old 25-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #200

anyone knows sakura@yio chu kang stadium VS sakura@dhoby ghaut green, which one better, in terms of spreads and desserts?
neither. haha. sakura food so so only. for the price you pay i think can get better value elsewhere. but my personal opinion only.
PrinceJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2014, 05:22 PM   #201
Supremacy Member

Sure, will be asking this Sunday.

Anyway, Since we are in Part 6, I was thinking, why not just share a little bit more about my thoughts regarding the buffet landscape in Singapore.

There are many buffet lines here. From the TRULY value for money, to the TRULY value for quality.

I began my buffet experience with Sakura. I remembered that was when I was still in primary school. Mummy and Daddy use to bring me there for celebrations. Birthday, Xmas, and so on. There were oysters, fresh cuts sashimi and wonderful cooked food. To me, it was a luxury.

Then when I got in secondary school, I began food hunting with my fellow classmates. Seoul garden, marina south steamboat buffet, windsor hotel porridge buffet and so on. At the same time, we start becoming more picky. Instead of feeling satisfied with the mass dishes put out by the kitchen, we picked on the quality, the variety, and the taste. We nit picked every single dish we tasted, and decided whether to make our next reservation here or not.

Soon after we graduated, while in tertiary instituition (Poly/Jc/Uni), with our part time jobs, we soon were able to afford more quality buffets. SCDH, The Line, GreenHouse, Ellenborough and so on. Bear in mind, we didnt have credit card, so every single cents we paid counts. We became even more picky than ever. Picking out only the best among all we have tried. From the whole smoked salmon on the grilling machine (from the line) to the free-flow lobsters (at greenhouse), we got inspired more and more. Eye-opening.

Then soon the experience became saturated. Just like Apple stops "wowing" the world with their familiar design language. We started to slow down in our buffet trips. Instead of looking forward and thrill, we ended up managing our expectations, treating every tasty treats as a bonus.
So in a nutshell, since you have tried so many buffets, which do you recommend for value for money versus money for quality?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F6wGK4k.jpg[/IMG]
wizzyslurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2014, 05:32 PM   #202
Master Member

how much is the basilico dinner ah? looks amazing.
Old 25-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #203
Great Supremacy Member

can someone recommend good buffet on weekdays? budget $50 per pax at most
Old 25-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #204
High Supremacy Member

how much is the basilico dinner ah? looks amazing.
Not that expensive cos it is a semi buffet i.e. you order a main and then got appetizer and dessert buffet

Their lunch is a lot better IMHO
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2014, 10:05 PM   #205
High Supremacy Member

neither. haha. sakura food so so only. for the price you pay i think can get better value elsewhere. but my personal opinion only.
Yup - popular cos it's halal haha
Old 25-06-2014, 10:07 PM   #206
High Supremacy Member

Very true Richey

These days lao unker got limited capacity so prefer quality over quantity and range haha

I rather eat a few very good dishes than sample a whole range of ordinary food
Old 25-06-2014, 11:33 PM   #207
Master Member

Value for money -

buffet town ( come on, where else do you get oysters, crayfish, wide variety of spread and fresh sashimi for $3x?)

Edge (only if it's $25)

Money for quality -

Marriot (free flow lobsters and the spread are to my preference)

Scdh ( especially with guests, and you prefer to be served)

Greenhouse (during F1 period plus you heng heng get the lobsters replacement when they run out of the crayfish)

So in a nutshell, since you have tried so many buffets, which do you recommend for value for money versus money for quality?
Dinner or lunch?

10 @ claymore?

can someone recommend good buffet on weekdays? budget $50 per pax at most
Same sentiments.

Very true Richey

These days lao unker got limited capacity so prefer quality over quantity and range haha

I rather eat a few very good dishes than sample a whole range of ordinary food
wizzyslurpee likes this.

Last edited by richey; 26-06-2014 at 12:10 AM..
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 09:49 AM   #208
Master Member

Not that expensive cos it is a semi buffet i.e. you order a main and then got appetizer and dessert buffet

Their lunch is a lot better IMHO
thanks for ur input, planning it on a special day
Old 26-06-2014, 10:32 AM   #209
High Supremacy Member

thanks for ur input, planning it on a special day
Think their brunch is probably the best but more expensive...hahah

Food quality there usually quite good
Old 26-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #210

Think their brunch is probably the best but more expensive...hahah

Food quality there usually quite good
Last I went was S$88++, now should be S$9x++ already.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
twtan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.