Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah so sneaky siah....

That time was around S$32 niah right?

Yea, was around $31.20 nett for weekday dinner with the 4 pay 3 promo, w/o pickles/peanuts, but with tea n towel. Tat was in May 2014.

OKCATYEON

Banned
Reaction score
Tat price ... you really asked for no tea, pickles/peanuts etc? :s13:

That's the price w/o tea and pickles. :s13:

Btw I went to zhongshan park again. The spread slightly less than before,had items like chilli crayfish and suckling pig. The one time order tze char was not bad as well. Big prawns. Overall for that price, it's very worth it.

I won't pay 48++ for it though :s8:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw I went to zhongshan park again. The spread slightly less than before,had items like chilli crayfish and suckling pig. The one time order tze char was not bad as well. Big prawns. Overall for that price, it's very worth it.

Part of the reason i like buffets is for the variety, n a semi buffet just dun cut it. No doubt the zi char dishes are quite decent, but the spread is too small liao. I just ran of things to eat :(

Another reason i like buffets is i can have repeated helpings of the stuff i like. The roasted pork in the first appetizer dish is really good, amongst the best i ever ate, but guess wat? Each pax only entitled to 1 miserable piece ... dun be mistaken hor, my 1 piece is literally those chopped up 'cube' piece

For me, i will prefer XJN ... but tats in the past, or pay around $6 more for Square @ Furama.

eh new items looks good leh :love:

i never liked tiong food until i ate there lor :s22:

Err, its now $32.60 nett for weekday n $36.10 for weekend. Plus the only new dish i find vaguely interesting is the fried crab. Think i will give XJN a miss ... at least for Mar =:p

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea, was around $31.20 nett for weekday dinner with the 4 pay 3 promo, w/o pickles/peanuts, but with tea n towel. Tat was in May 2014.

Wah so long ago liao ah?

Time flies siah...hahah

Price inflation of 10%...then the food quality deflates by 10% :eek:

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got a reservation for Basilico Tmr at 12.30 for 2 for restaurant week. Anyone wants? Think it's 40++

jt2901

Reaction score
SCDH price increased. 45++ Monday to Thursday, weekends 50++.

Quality at Uob still there.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any cheap dinner buffet below 30 per pax to recommend?

Think only got those Beach Road steamboat buffets for that price :(

Even Sakura costs more than that these days and I won't exactly call them "good" or "cheap" :s13:

Snokey

Master Member
Reaction score
hi all, i read an advice on hi-tea in shangri la rose verandah for a nice afternoon getaway and it sounds pretty good since weekday timing is from 1130 to 6pm? meaning you can sit there for the whole afternoon. but i realise the price is 48++ (even with 15% from booking online) it will still be about 50 bucks per person?

with that price i can probably go for a nice lunch buffet i suppose?
or is there any other value for money hi tea where i can idle away time with my missus that doesn't cost so much? (we happen to be able to take leave on a a weekday)

Handsome_guy

Banned
Reaction score
Think only got those Beach Road steamboat buffets for that price :(

Even Sakura costs more than that these days and I won't exactly call them "good" or "cheap" :s13:

Bayfront steamboat is good. Only $25 nett with crayfish somemore.

Sakura is the lousy international buffet. Better spend your money elsewhere.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.