HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree770Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #2131
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks. So you normally go on Thu to Sun nights for dinner? No promo at all?

Not sure about the 3 pay 2 promo..I was referring to voucher promotions. In any case it's better to avoid any of their promotions. I will call to enquire before making a reservation.

The snow crabs legs are decent for that night. They are not mushy and they seemed to be quite fresh.
Old 27-11-2014, 10:56 PM   #2132

My bad experience was only during the promotion periods...typically Monday to Wednesday.
I was unlucky then The drinks selection there damn pathetic. Only got coffee machine (wtf???). Oh and did I even mention. My table got so much ants crawling around. I ask the waitress cleanup she gimme the buay song face and was so half assed about it. Tells you so much about the hygiene and service there

I would still go for Marriott's hahah

Was at Claymore just 2 weeks back - bad bad bad
what kind of food do they offer at marriott's weekday dinner? any picture? hehehe. deliberating over this and cafe 2000 (because they got offerrrrrrrrrrr and got lobster :3) fwah if marriott gotch lobster on thurs night then...

online review ish cafe2k > marriott lmfao
xberri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2014, 11:31 PM   #2133
Master Member

I will normally pick either Thurs or Fri but for this week, i went on a Wed because they did not have any on going promotion. Without promotion, i paid the full price of $50++.

Thanks. So you normally go on Thu to Sun nights for dinner? No promo at all?
thewiseone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2014, 11:38 PM   #2134
Master Member

Yes, only coffee and tea but the coffee is not bad and they make some mean teh tarik! No juices unfortunately. I think your experience is likely a one off incident. I've been there quite a no. of times and i've not come across dirty tables and poor service, just disappointing food quality and spread on those voucher visits. The staff are usually quite prompt and polite, much better than many of the other buffet outlets that i've been to.

I was unlucky then The drinks selection there damn pathetic. Only got coffee machine (wtf???). Oh and did I even mention. My table got so much ants crawling around. I ask the waitress cleanup she gimme the buay song face and was so half assed about it. Tells you so much about the hygiene and service there
thewiseone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 07:43 AM   #2135

How much is marriott ? Any promo

what kind of food do they offer at marriott's weekday dinner? any picture? hehehe. deliberating over this and cafe 2000 (because they got offerrrrrrrrrrr and got lobster :3) fwah if marriott gotch lobster on thurs night then...

robincheok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 09:09 AM   #2136
High Supremacy Member

Marriott is a mix of international plus local

International includes sashimi (3 varieties IIRC), oysters, crayfish, crab legs and lobsters on weekends; there's also a mean pork saddle roast, but the beef is a hit and miss sometimes, and they may or may not have lamb

There is also a pasta station and the cooked food section for international has beef cheek (oh so good if it's available), veal tongue etc

There is also a local section with roast meat (duck and charsiew) plus a la mian station plus the usual cooked food (usually don't eat)...hahah

Desserts are quite good - heard the ice cream is movenpick - I like the cheese cake there

As for pictures, you have to dig through some of my old postings bah...lazy to post again
Old 28-11-2014, 09:20 AM   #2137
Master Member

Momiji Japanese Buffet, Newton for $23 NETT onwards - Weekday & Saturday Lunch Options Available - Excite Your Senses With 200 Lavish Authentic Spread | DEAL.com.sg - Best Deals in Singapore

saturday lunch buffet so fast sold out!

.... free kiss from the buyer + 10% off

PAGING FOR KAHLAN.. *BEEP*
are you going xjn?
Sorry i can't, i next 2 weeks busy got some night calls and company/team event in the evening. You going? Go lah, got the usual group there

kim su-han-mu ....

Last edited by Kahlan; 28-11-2014 at 09:23 AM..
Kahlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #2138

How much is marriott ? Any promo
now normal price normal spread roh... got some cc promo.
use eatigo and enjoy a discount of at least 10%

Marriott is a mix of international plus local

International includes sashimi (3 varieties IIRC), oysters, crayfish, crab legs and lobsters on weekends; there's also a mean pork saddle roast, but the beef is a hit and miss sometimes, and they may or may not have lamb

There is also a pasta station and the cooked food section for international has beef cheek (oh so good if it's available), veal tongue etc

There is also a local section with roast meat (duck and charsiew) plus a la mian station plus the usual cooked food (usually don't eat)...hahah

Desserts are quite good - heard the ice cream is movenpick - I like the cheese cake there

As for pictures, you have to dig through some of my old postings bah...lazy to post again
thanks carey! unfortunately if I go there I'll be going there on a weekday so no lobster for me sobz ;n;

sianz carousel fully booked for the month of december riaos
Old 28-11-2014, 12:22 PM   #2139
High Supremacy Member

recently tried this seafood buffet at traders hotel hello kittyland there at johor nusajaya near 2nd link.

nett abt 125rm but eat until peng, the variety is quite good plus theres lobsters and tiger prawns.

its across the causeway though, can consider for those who cross the causeway occasionally.
hwaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 03:22 PM   #2140

High investment, must buy travel insurance somemore lol
High investment, must buy travel insurance somemore lol

FYI carousel weekend buffet including live tiger prawn fresh catch from the tank, i find it dam good.

recently tried this seafood buffet at traders hotel hello kittyland there at johor nusajaya near 2nd link.

nett abt 125rm but eat until peng, the variety is quite good plus theres lobsters and tiger prawns.

its across the causeway though, can consider for those who cross the causeway occasionally.

Last edited by robincheok; 28-11-2014 at 03:27 PM..
robincheok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #2141

Hello Everyone,

I see you all post about buffets, i see liao damn buay tahan so i decided to join this hardware zone as member keke...

I am also a buffet lover .
Just last month, I had Marriot / Melts / Straits.
Sadly there are no promo for all 3 buffets.

And among all 3, Marriots was the best one compare to food quality and spread.
Their alaska crab is big and sweet, their roasted beef is OMG yummyz and their desserts, I had the same serving twice lolz... it is the best buffet desserts i ever had before.

Straits food quality has decreased so much, I was so disappointed totally not worth the money, in-house guest also no discount lo @#%%$&# but if you are a oyster lover Straits oyster are so damn big and juicy. But their snow crab are tiny and tasteless and food spread very local.

Melts varieties alot, abit too much haha..
I love their alaska crab and prawns, sweet and juicy.
But their desserts... not tasty one.
I saw a couple came just whack the alaska crab only.
They never even take other cooked food lo...
innumerabilis and ahkeong like this.
maxyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 04:05 PM   #2142
Arch-Supremacy Member

BoOoOooooOoOOOoOoooo

Last edited by Toons; 01-12-2014 at 08:31 AM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #2143
Master Member

you eating supper? still open in the first place?

Sorry i can't, i next 2 weeks busy got some night calls and company/team event in the evening. You going? Go lah, got the usual group there
toons yesterday conveyed to me already. thanks
Old 28-11-2014, 04:43 PM   #2144

Hello Everyone,

I see you all post about buffets, i see liao damn buay tahan so i decided to join this hardware zone as member keke...

I am also a buffet lover .
Just last month, I had Marriot / Melts / Straits.
Sadly there are no promo for all 3 buffets.

And among all 3, Marriots was the best one compare to food quality and spread.
Their alaska crab is big and sweet, their roasted beef is OMG yummyz and their desserts, I had the same serving twice lolz... it is the best buffet desserts i ever had before.

Straits food quality has decreased so much, I was so disappointed totally not worth the money, in-house guest also no discount lo @#%%$&# but if you are a oyster lover Straits oyster are so damn big and juicy. But their snow crab are tiny and tasteless and food spread very local.

Melts varieties alot, abit too much haha..
I love their alaska crab and prawns, sweet and juicy.
But their desserts... not tasty one.
I saw a couple came just whack the alaska crab only.
They never even take other cooked food lo...
which day did you go for the marriott one? lunch/dinner? was it recent?
Old 28-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #2145
Master Member

you eating supper? still open in the first place?
huh? dun understand.

kim su-han-mu ....
Kahlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.