Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The voucher price all along is the same as the walk in price wor, just tat voucher have additional stuff. Previously is kimchi soup, now is bibimbap. I likie both versions of their bibimbap at TP n Clementi, but the Clementi one slightly better as its lighter n it does not come with rice. So up to you to add the rice to your liking.

Korean BBQ Buffet at 58% Off!

Oei, when you jio me for buffet? :p

After Run350 can consider as wifey not in town. LOL!
Awaiting toons to set up schedule for April!;)

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, hope the meats are not marinated at a central kitchen =:p

Wait for your verdict :D Gum sia!

Today you need to go OPPA Korean Style at JCube! Why? Because OPPA Korean Grill BBQ (by Ssikkek BBQ & 2D1N) has opened at JCube! What better way to relax and unwind on a weekday than with some hot, delicious Korean BBQ Buffet from $18 onwards! Hurry down to OPPA Korean Grill BBQ, now open at #03-01
[IMGhttps://scontent-sin.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10313533_685265184853923_1501696206160429968_n.png?oh=b4127682596690f09007faf68b5ceffa&oe=557F2BA0[/IMG]

30 dollars inclusive of GST and service charge, i think can consider since it's so near my place.
:D

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After Run350 can consider as wifey not in town. LOL!
Awaiting toons to set up schedule for April!;)

30 dollars inclusive of GST and service charge, i think can consider since it's so near my place.
:D

Wah liew, y you married guys always throw your wives behind while you come out to have a feast? :eek:

Bring her along lar.

Wat type of buffets you like? Just k bbq?

Try KBB @ Clementi. Should be near your place too. Their glass noodles is :love: ... unless you die die want your beef ribs n belly/short plate ... then again, its just $25 for dinner.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah liew, y you married guys always throw your wives behind while you come out to have a feast? :eek:

Bring her along lar.

Wat type of buffets you like? Just k bbq?

Try KBB @ Clementi. Should be near your place too. Their glass noodles is :love: ... unless you die die want your beef ribs n belly/short plate ... then again, its just $25 for dinner.

Bring her along, means no time to eat liao.
As long as price is right la.
Now thinking KBB at clementi or the one you recommend at JCube.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bring her along, means no time to eat liao.
As long as price is right la.
Now thinking KBB at clementi or the one you recommend at JCube.

I like KBB, both clementi n TP branches. The jcube one is Carey mentioned he heard not bad. I also waiting for him to be guinea pig :s13:

robincheok

Reaction score
anyone interested in The Edge pan pac marina on 9 april 6pm, 59nett per pax.... 2 slot open

Edge invites guests to embark on an oceanic adventure with culinary presentations enhanced with a succulent selection of seafood every Wednesday and Thursday evening for dinner.

Navigate seven live food theatres and relish new marine highlights including local favourites Singapore Chili Crab, grilled Sambal Stingray, Jumbo River Prawns in Garlic Butter and Oyster Omelette a la minute.

Presentations from different regions include freshly-shucked Oysters, Sushi and Sashimi, Alaskan King Crab and Salmon Tandoori. Guests looking to savour Western-style selections may enjoy Mediterranean Salt Baked Whole Salmon and Squid Ink Pasta.

Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like KBB, both clementi n TP branches. The jcube one is Carey mentioned he heard not bad. I also waiting for him to be guinea pig :s13:

Then if i go will become the genuine "pig"!
Faintz...

So down to kbb or jcube one liao.
SSK too far for weekdays.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah you trust my review meh? :eek:

Of cos. Everyone knows you have high stds wor. Let me quote Striker :-

I now know how to interpret the flow chart liao. If Carey gives a good review means die die must try. If he say bad, must check with toons, if Toons say good, can still go. If toons also say not good, then no point going.

Then if i go will become the genuine "pig"!
Faintz...

Wah liew, you do the run350, then can jiak buffet for 350 days liao :s13:

zhegehen

Reaction score
Hey to those Groupon experts, if the fine print states ''Voucher prices displayed exclusive of GST and service charge'' , does it mean Groupon will charge the additional GST and Service charge into our debit card or you have to pay the additional GST and service charge to the merchant?

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey to those Groupon experts, if the fine print states ''Voucher prices displayed exclusive of GST and service charge'' , does it mean Groupon will charge the additional GST and Service charge into our debit card or you have to pay the additional GST and service charge to the merchant?

If the voucher states that it's exclusive of GST and service charge, then you need to pay the GST and service charge to the merchant separately when you consume the product or service there.

Also, most merchant will charge GST and service charge based on the voucher price, but i have come across some merchants which charge service charge based on the ORIGINAL value of the product/service. Eg, they advertised a rp of $100, but 50% discount, so voucher price of $50. However, GST and service charge not included. Then they will happily impose a service charge based on the original rp of $100, n then GST ...

My suggestion is to call to enquire more if the voucher excludes GST n service charge OR never state if it includes GST n service charge.

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score

you have to pay the additional GST and service charge to the merchant

If the voucher states that it's exclusive of GST and service charge, then you need to pay the GST and service charge to the merchant separately when you consume the product or service there.

Also, most merchant will charge GST and service charge based on the voucher price, but i have come across some merchants which charge service charge based on the ORIGINAL value of the product/service. Eg, they advertised a rp of $100, but 50% discount, so voucher price of $50. However, GST and service charge not included. Then they will happily impose a service charge based on the original rp of $100, n then GST ...

My suggestion is to call to enquire more if the voucher excludes GST n service charge OR never state if it includes GST n service charge.

just saw you replied already. because i stuck on this page for some time. wrt the bold part i highlighted, the law says gst and service charge is based on voucher / promo price. so if that happens you can feedback or complain to the relevant authority (CASE?)

Last edited:

zhegehen

Reaction score

Ahha! that's what I originally thought too, but weirdly, there is a groupon voucher that states exclusive of gst and service charge, I called the restaurant to enquire about it, and the staff actually told me that the additional gst and service charge is to be paid to groupon, and not to the restaurant?! is this a dishonest act I think?:s22:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of cos. Everyone knows you have high stds wor. Let me quote Striker :-

Wah liew, you do the run350, then can jiak buffet for 350 days liao :s13:

Ya la. They "killed" the 2xu run this week. If not will be 2xu, 350... Can jiak sibeh bui liao.:D

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
you have to pay the additional GST and service charge to the merchant

just saw you replied already. because i stuck on this page for some time. wrt the bold part i highlighted, the law says gst and service charge is based on voucher / promo price. so if that happens you can feedback or complain to the relevant authority (CASE?)

House of Seafood charged me GST and service charge based on the original price! :(

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wrt the bold part i highlighted, the law says gst and service charge is based on voucher / promo price. so if that happens you can feedback or complain to the relevant authority (CASE?)

Err, are you sure there is such a law? GST is charged based on wat you actually pay, tat is quite clearcut. However, service charge is iffy. Both 333 n aquamarine charge service charge on the FULL price n then the GST on that service charge plus the discounted price. Their rationale is the discount is only on the food, the diners are still getting the full service, eg, 2 diners even though its 1 for 1, so the service charge is on the full undiscounted price. Tat is not against the law afaik.

House of Seafood charged me GST and service charge based on the original price! :(

Well, 333 and aquamarine does the same thing too :slant:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Law, policy or rule, whatever it calls to stands. Maybe like your experiences, service charge is unclear and not limited to be applied

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium...d-have-been-charged-discounted-price-20141018

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/page04.aspx?id=10722

Thanks. GST is quite clearcut. It should only be charged on the actual amt paid.

They are silent on service charge. Hmmm, i should write in to IRAS abt it, but i suspect tat since its service charge n not a tax, they will evade the issue ... lets see :s22:

Last edited:

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
service charge amount is dependable on the amount of the food prices. and gst is based on the subtotal of service charge + food price.

hence by right they are hand in hand, except that service charge is optional chargeable by the eatery.

gst not clear cut by some as i came across their deals in qoo10, but i saw some has corrected after the straits times reply. maybe still got a handful out there and some just follow to pay as what the bill reflects.

i found the exact one. you can show those 2 restaurants i suppose..
since they charge u 50% of the food price only, the service charge should based on the discounted price too.

https://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/page04.aspx?id=2166

anyway if you ask, do update the reply too.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.