Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree724Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2014, 11:08 AM   #211
Master Member

Think their brunch is probably the best but more expensive...hahah

Food quality there usually quite good
i thought dinner is more ex. hahaha, so how do you all tackle if its dinner?
Old 26-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #212

i thought dinner is more ex. hahaha, so how do you all tackle if its dinner?
For dinner you are limit to just a main course.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
twtan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #213
Great Supremacy Member

lunch ba, international buffet maybe
Old 26-06-2014, 06:18 PM   #214
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks for ur input, planning it on a special day
If you're not big eaters, i suggest lunch @ Equinox. Classy place with a great view. Nice service too. Spread might be small n since its a semi buffet, you're limited to only 1 main course, but the rest of the items are all in the buffet spread, eg, sashimi, sushi, appertisers, soups, cheeses, dessert, n the seafood, esp the crabs are fresh n sweet. I recommend the pork belly for the main, n do try the foie gras terrine, as well as the goose berries n fresh dates.

For me, luckily tat day got pork rob soup ... ppl drink soup, i whack the soft n fatty pork ribs
Old 26-06-2014, 06:21 PM   #215
Arch-Supremacy Member

Value for money -

buffet town ( come on, where else do you get oysters, crayfish, wide variety of spread and fresh sashimi for $3x?)
Oysters n tepanyaki only for dinner iirc, n its abt $43/$50 nett for weekday/weekend dinners.
Old 26-06-2014, 08:55 PM   #216
Master Member

Oysters n tepanyaki only for dinner iirc, n its abt $43/$50 nett for weekday/weekend dinners.
Sunday lunch have.

If buffet town no good, any suggestion? I think we will benefit from it too
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 09:54 PM   #217
Arch-Supremacy Member

Count me in. Planning to treat damily to buffet town
jgyy1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 09:18 AM   #218
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sunday lunch have.

If buffet town no good, any suggestion? I think we will benefit from it too
Count me in. Planning to treat damily to buffet town
I dun mean that buffet town no good. In fact, their lunch quite good variety n value wise. More variety than a lot of hotel buffet lunches which tend to be a pale shadow of their dinner offerings.

Just wanna point out they dun have oysters ... at least not for their weekday lunches

Anyways, if dun factor in any dining cards, i still prefer my Sq > Buffet Town. Iirc, Sq lunch abt same price, n dinner is cheaper than Buffet Town. Sq offers a great combination of price, taste n meaty spread plus i dun care abt oysters.

Furthermore, you have the card for Marriott right? I will rather pay a few dollars more for Marriott's lunch.
Old 27-06-2014, 09:24 AM   #219
Master Member

I dun mean that buffet town no good. In fact, their lunch quite good variety n value wise. More variety than a lot of hotel buffet lunches which tend to be a pale shadow of their dinner offerings.

Just wanna point out they dun have oysters ... at least not for their weekday lunches

Anyways, if dun factor in any dining cards, i still prefer my Sq > Buffet Town. Iirc, Sq lunch abt same price, n dinner is cheaper than Buffet Town. Sq offers a great combination of price, taste n meaty spread plus i dun care abt oysters.

Furthermore, you have the card for Marriott right? I will rather pay a few dollars more for Marriott's lunch.
Square at furama is it?

Oh, I don't have the marriot card. So no privilege or discount. Just pay full amount as usual
Old 27-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #220
Master Member

If you're not big eaters, i suggest lunch @ Equinox. Classy place with a great view. Nice service too. Spread might be small n since its a semi buffet, you're limited to only 1 main course, but the rest of the items are all in the buffet spread, eg, sashimi, sushi, appertisers, soups, cheeses, dessert, n the seafood, esp the crabs are fresh n sweet. I recommend the pork belly for the main, n do try the foie gras terrine, as well as the goose berries n fresh dates.

For me, luckily tat day got pork rob soup ... ppl drink soup, i whack the soft n fatty pork ribs
dont tempt me more, i am in sweet sweet love with foie gras
Old 27-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #221
Arch-Supremacy Member

Square at furama is it?
Yea, tats THE Square. The other one is ...

Its terrine, or paste form. A bit like if you spit out the foie gras after chewing it to bits ... they paired it with a top layer of red wine jelly reduction in a glass bottle.
Old 27-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #222

Best foie gras I've ever eaten is at Humble House. They paired it with caramelised watermelon and tasted amazing, better than Square's version.

My Humble House

Hope they bring back their buffet again when they reopen.
techizen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #223
Master Member

Yea, tats THE Square. The other one is ...

Its terrine, or paste form. A bit like if you spit out the foie gras after chewing it to bits ... they paired it with a top layer of red wine jelly reduction in a glass bottle.
sheesh, paste form, i guess that will settle as well. if i go i will let u know what i think.

Best foie gras I've ever eaten is at Humble House. They paired it with caramelised watermelon and tasted amazing, better than Square's version.

My Humble House

Hope they bring back their buffet again when they reopen.
looks amazing and exquisite, isit chinese cuisine or fusion?
Old 27-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #224

sheesh, paste form, i guess that will settle as well. if i go i will let u know what i think.

looks amazing and exquisite, isit chinese cuisine or fusion?
Chinese, except for the foie gras thingy...
techizen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #225
Banned

Can recommend me a buffet for tomorrow dinner?

Tried some hotels (like the line and the one in Marriot) and quite a fair bit of restaurant buffet (Kushinbo etc). Always return to Kiseki and Vienna because they have a lot of hot food and the food selection is more.

So got any buffet got a lot of hot food and a lot of food selection like Vienna and Kiseki?

PS: actually I think Kiseki is very good. The long crowd everyday justify that it is super value for money. Vienna also need book early as they are very popular, especially with the tour group nowadays
maisatomai is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.