HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree753Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #2251

hello all! is the dinner buffet at the square@furama nice/worth the money??
shoppingqueen05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 12:55 PM   #2252

Hey guys, any buffet lunch to recommend? Looking at this coming sunday(21st dec). Budget is $50 per pax nett. Preferably have credit card promo. Thanks
huangwn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #2253
Supremacy Member

hello all! is the dinner buffet at the square@furama nice/worth the money??
It's quite decent overall, taking into account the price, ambience, spread, service, etc. I've been there twice - on 50% discount of course.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F6wGK4k.jpg[/IMG]
wizzyslurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 10:41 AM   #2254

Went to Edge for dinner last week with colleagues. I am very happy with the spread, particularly the Alaskan King Crabs! It was huge, sweet and juicy. My colleagues like the laksa but I thought the laksa served at the Line is better. The only food I found "so-so" was the sashimi station, perhaps, it was just that day.

Overall, it is good! $78++ for weekday dinner or $88++ if during lobster night.

https://storeandshare.singtel.com/li...DIEOFALGMnac/#
Old 17-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #2255
Arch-Supremacy Member

Went to Edge for dinner last week with colleagues. I am very happy with the spread, particularly the Alaskan King Crabs! It was huge, sweet and juicy. My colleagues like the laksa but I thought the laksa served at the Line is better. The only food I found "so-so" was the sashimi station, perhaps, it was just that day.

Nice. Thanks for sharing. How was your marriott lunch?
Old 17-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #2256

Nice. Thanks for sharing. How was your marriott lunch?
Didn't go to Marriott for their Sunday brunch because it was fully booked and also Marriott is now serving Christmas theme international buffet, no lobsters! Same goes to Saturday lunch.
Old 17-12-2014, 01:05 PM   #2257
Arch-Supremacy Member

so edge is really good?
Old 17-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #2258
Arch-Supremacy Member

Their sashimi not bad wor. Tink maybe tat day stock not good.

U never try their alcoholic pralines? Tats the only thing i missed there

Their king crab legs replenished throughout the night?
Old 17-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #2259
Arch-Supremacy Member

Didn't go to Marriott for their Sunday brunch because it was fully booked and also Marriott is now serving Christmas theme international buffet, no lobsters! Same goes to Saturday lunch.
I'm going this sat. Mentally prepared liao. Christmas period always those ham, turkey n logs cakes. Oh well, at least got tat festive feeling

Btw, they dun have sunday brunch. Its just normal lunch.

Last edited by Toons; 17-12-2014 at 04:11 PM..
Toons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 04:11 PM   #2260

I'm going this sat. Mentally prepared liao. Christmas period always those ham, turkey n logs cakes. Oh well, at least got tat festive feeling
Wah lau, boh jio hor ...

As for the sashimi at Edge, I gave them the benefit of doubt that it was just that day. It is not bad or no good, but just doesn't have the wow factor like the ones we had at Hilton, especially the salmon belly which Kahlan passed to me some of it. But no problem, it was well compensated by the delicious Alaskan King Crabs. I think I ate as much as Robin on that day. And yes, the top ups were very frequent. In fact, the guy who was manning the seafood station had boxes of seafood stacked behind him to ensure that it never ran out. When I was leaving the restaurant, I saw the replenishments with even bigger sized crabs! But I too full to eat liao. I didn't have the pralines, instead I only had fruits and coffee before I call it a day! Too full liao!

@deepblue, Edge is really good! I am sure you won't be disappointed!
shalome likes this.
Old 17-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #2261
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah lau, boh jio hor ...

But no problem, it was well compensated by the delicious Alaskan King Crabs. I think I ate as much as Robin on that day. And yes, the top ups were very frequent. In fact, the guy who was manning the seafood station had boxes of seafood stacked behind him to ensure that it never ran out. When I was leaving the restaurant, I saw the replenishments with even bigger sized crabs! But I too full to eat liao. I didn't have the pralines, instead I only had fruits and coffee before I call it a day! Too full liao!
Hello ... you also never jio me, secret date with robin When you guys going in Jan, then tell me lor. I tink striker also keen to try.

Wah, want good stuff really cannot got for those promos. Previously during their lunch promo, from those big scallops replenish to malnourished fan scallops ...

Their alcoholic pralines are nice. Machiam like eating royce buffet
shalome likes this.
Old 17-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #2262

Hello ... you also never jio me, secret date with robin When you guys going in Jan, then tell me lor. I tink striker also keen to try.

Wah, want good stuff really cannot got for those promos. Previously during their lunch promo, from those big scallops replenish to malnourished fan scallops ...

Their alcoholic pralines are nice. Machiam like eating royce buffet
When I'm back from holidays next year, I will organize a session to reciprocate for all the sessions I have attended which were organized by you guys. So far, all the buffets I went with you guys were superb and marvelous!

May I take this opportunity to send my early wishes to all makan kakis and fellow forumers a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2015!
shalome likes this.
Old 17-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #2263

Hi all
Any recommendations for lunch/dinner range around 40-50/person?(for 2)
No cc for any other promotion.

Prefer international, best got crab (chilie/black pepper)
My wife like this.
for-kel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #2264

I am really hungry now, lets catch up soon and have a merry christmas and happy new year.........

When I'm back from holidays next year, I will organize a session to reciprocate for all the sessions I have attended which were organized by you guys. So far, all the buffets I went with you guys were superb and marvelous!

May I take this opportunity to send my early wishes to all makan kakis and fellow forumers a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2015!
robincheok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 01:58 AM   #2265
Supremacy Member

Any idea what the 4-tier steamboat means? As in literally some 4 layer device like as shown in the picture? Or 4 categories of food?

For the ala carte Chinese food buffet, how does this place compare to Ban Heng?

Thanks
shalome likes this.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F6wGK4k.jpg[/IMG]
wizzyslurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.