HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree759Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2014, 03:38 PM   #2281

Bro, with tat budget, no cc n want cooked crabs, not much choice

Hmmm, can consider momiji too. I like their seafood food, but their cooked food is not good. They do have chilli crabs ... though more correct to call it chilli snow crab legs

If got cc, then square@ furama is a good choice with 1 for 1 promo n they have either chilli or black pepper crabs.
Sorry can ask, if it requires cc. Can debit card same?
I have posb debit card leh.
for-kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #2282

I XJN
Date: Thu 18 Dec 2014
Time: 630pm
Venue: XJN @ Marina Square
Price: $25 nett with free flow tea n wet towel

Participants:
1. Toons
2. Dennyz
3. techizen2
This one still on bo ??
Spidie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 11:05 PM   #2283
Arch-Supremacy Member

This one still on bo ??
Hope you enjoyed the korean bbq today

This is the voucher for i'm kim. Its for lunch only, but includes weekend lunch. Actually pay via ocbc cc is abt $1-2 more n without any restrictions n can go for dinner. Both abt the same, but i prefer the meat qty at the place we had dinner tonite a bit more.

Let me know if you wanna try. Dunno why these days i very the onz for korean bbq

Korean Fiesta at I
Old 18-12-2014, 11:14 PM   #2284
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sorry can ask, if it requires cc. Can debit card same?
I have posb debit card leh.
As posted by Shalome n Wizzy, debit cards should quality for the cc promo too. Just call them to ask to be sure.

If can use debit card, then can consider square liao, although like maxyes said, the seafood there is very basic. I like it for its meaty spread.

If you have 2 groupon accounts, you can consider getting the straits cafe voucher too. Its abt $37 after the less $10 promo (for today). With nice oysters, good durian paste, crab legs (was nice, now ...), n decent hot spread (inconsistent though), its a decent choice too. I dun recall them having cooked crabs however.
Old 18-12-2014, 11:18 PM   #2285
Arch-Supremacy Member

^ that's the so called pagoda steamboat with grill. seems like going to start becoming a trend soon after mookata.

these two i know of :
jiu mao jiu @ pomo [singapore]
巴黎铁塔火锅 eiffel tower steamboat [malaysia]

for jiu mao jiu, they got deals on groupon before.
I suggest skipping 99 cents. Bad reviews online, plus i went to have a look today. Looking is as bad as reading

Then again, the food might actually be nice. I tried the cheapo steamboat buffet @ charcoalthai vivo, hope i get the name right. Walk in, saw the food n immediately regretted getting the vouchers. But surprisingly, the mala soup base is pretty good n the food although not much variety, is fresh. Pretty decent for the price paid. In the end, i'm pretty satisfied with the meal.

Last edited by Toons; 18-12-2014 at 11:24 PM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2014, 08:37 PM   #2286
High Honorary Member

can recommend me xmas buffet??
matchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2014, 08:53 PM   #2287
High Honorary Member

i'm kim dun jiak their lunch,the dinner is much better
Old 19-12-2014, 10:26 PM   #2288
Arch-Supremacy Member

i'm kim dun jiak their lunch,the dinner is much better
Their weekday lunch is a lot cheaper than dinner, so less stuff too. Typical k bbq style. You go ssk also same thing. Their weekend lunch is the same stuff as dinner and abt dinner pricing too.

The clementi k bbq is different though. Weekday lunch same spread as dinner but cheaper.
Old 19-12-2014, 10:28 PM   #2289
High Supremacy Member

any eat before MoF's japanese and korean bbq buffet ?
nexusRAGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #2290

Their spread is small ... sashimi also not good wor. But its been sometime since i went there, so hopefully things are better now.
huh really ah...
omg.. fingers and toes crossed.
i tried their breakfast before and its was one of the better ones that i have tried. small spread but all very tasty lolz...
i shall update you all again and maybe with pics...
Old 20-12-2014, 04:43 PM   #2291
High Honorary Member

Their weekday lunch is a lot cheaper than dinner, so less stuff too. Typical k bbq style. You go ssk also same thing. Their weekend lunch is the same stuff as dinner and abt dinner pricing too.

The clementi k bbq is different though. Weekday lunch same spread as dinner but cheaper.
ah toon....u got recommendation for xmas buffet?
Old 20-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #2292
Arch-Supremacy Member

huh really ah...
omg.. fingers and toes crossed.
i tried their breakfast before and its was one of the better ones that i have tried. small spread but all very tasty lolz...
i shall update you all again and maybe with pics...
Taste is subjective ... i might not like their food generally, but if you like it n you're not expecting a big spread, then you'll be fine. Afterall, yours is a special christmas meal with lobsters n stuff? The dinner i had was just a normal one, so i'm sure you will enjoy your meal. Afterall, its the company tat counts.

ah toon....u got recommendation for xmas buffet?
Err, not really. I dun wanna pay inflated prices for holidays, so i did not plan to eat out for Christmas. Even if i do, i will also stick to places like k bbqs or xjn cos they dun have 'chop carrot head' prices for holidays.

Actually i did have 1 place i wanted to go. Its the christmas eve dinner at Indulge At Park @ Grand Park Cityhall. I'm interested in their wagyu chunk n miyazaki beef I tink if you book online within these 2 days, got 20+5% discount, abt $79 nett. A bit costly, but for a eve dinner with those 2 items, live music, i willing to try. Too bad i already have plans for eve liao, else i will go for it.

Feast on dinner highlights encompassing of Boston Lobster, Fresh Oyster, Lobster Bisque with Cognac, Pan-fried Foie Gras with Champagne Jello on Brioche Toast, Braised Wagyu Chuck Rubs with Risotto, Grilled Sambal Stingray, Slow Roasted Ballotine of Turkey Breast, Slow Roasted Miyazaki Champion Beef Ribeye, Slow Basked Meat Loaf Pizzeria Style, Brined Goose with Cumberland Sauce, Truffle Pasta with Creamy Seafood Ragout, and more.

If you want something more wallet friendly, but still within a hotel, then maybe Square@Furama? They still offering promo, albeit 3 pay 2. Just dun expect oysters, lobsters n foie gras for the price
Old 20-12-2014, 08:24 PM   #2293
Arch-Supremacy Member

any eat before MoF's japanese and korean bbq buffet ?
I only know of their hotpot buffet at Nex. They have a jap n korean bbq buffet? Where?
Old 20-12-2014, 10:08 PM   #2294
High Supremacy Member

I only know of their hotpot buffet at Nex. They have a jap n korean bbq buffet? Where?
at nex lor .. next to the hotpot is the korean bbq
nexusRAGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 04:24 PM   #2295
Master Member

sharing a video that looks nice ... seafood~

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=705608319551054
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.