Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Spidie

Reaction score
Yesterday went to The Edge at Pan Pac to eat their Dinner Buffet. 50% off coz friend is working there. Apparently the 50% off is valid on Sunday and Monday Dinner for staff only. I would say the items there are not bad but there is no premium items that is really worth mentioning about except maybe for the King Crab Leg. The rest of the items are really normal. According to my friend the spread is not the usual spread because its something like because got discount they do not dish out all the good items.
Just my views because I do not know what is there on a normal night. Paid SGD40.00NETT person after discount.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yesterday went to The Edge at Pan Pac to eat their Dinner Buffet. 50% off coz friend is working there. Apparently the 50% off is valid on Sunday and Monday Dinner for staff only. I would say the items there are not bad but there is no premium items that is really worth mentioning about except maybe for the King Crab Leg. The rest of the items are really normal. According to my friend the spread is not the usual spread because its something like because got discount they do not dish out all the good items.
Just my views because I do not know what is there on a normal night. Paid SGD40.00NETT person after discount.

40 nett is pretty cheap for a pan pac..

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
brief FR for Ban Heng at HBF:

Feel that it's quite value for money. No crowd on Monday evening, only about 5-6 other tables. Service staff were quite attentive.. maybe coz they are quite free =:p

There's a self service table that serves fried rice, aiyu jelly, red bean paste, yam paste, winter melon and pork soup. Surprisingly, everything was quite good.. even the soup was very flavorful..

Sharks fin wasnt too bad for the price.. though it's artificial fins with crab meat... at least taste of the gravy was ok... but it's a very very big bowl... so unless you're really a big fan.. skip it.

Sweet and sour pork was not the best i've had.. but not the worst either. abit like the cai png kind... not tough and slightly crispy.

Deep fried soon hock was good.. but be prepared to wait awhile.. it's crispy on the outside and meat inside was tender, they did not drench the whole fish with the sauce, thus retain its crispyness

Venison (black pepper and the other one i forgot whats the diff) was good.. meat was tender... but maybe slightly salty

drunken chicken really got the wine taste... meat quite tender too.. not too dry

cereal prawns - fresh prawns, yummy cereal

can't remember what else we had coz i stopped eating while my friends filled the whole table with meat.

stuffed myself with desserts after that... :lick:

i'll say quite value for money.. :s12:

sorry no pix coz the folks at the table were too hungry :o

omg.. the way u put it.. sounds bloody good... how much ah? need booking?

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thursday got who and how many going ? confirm onz le?

Its onz.

Y you need to know who going? Who you wanna or dun wanna meet? Tell me the name n i can confirm his/her attendance :s8:

Chinese Ala Carte Buffet
Venue. Ban Heng @ Harbourfront Centre
Date. Thu 28 May
Time. 630pm
Price. $21.80++ (+$1.50 for tea, pickles n towels) or $27.50 nett
Click on Menu A

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
Its onz.

Y you need to know who going? Who you wanna or dun wanna meet? Tell me the name n i can confirm his/her attendance :s8:

Chinese Ala Carte Buffet
Date. Thu 28 May
Time. 630pm
Click on Menu A

my thursday seminar no more but i thinking if taking half day leave so not sure if possible to join in last min, if got >4<10 pax

of course i always ask if kahlan going :love:
carey eat like a dinosaur?

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my thursday seminar no more but i thinking if taking half day leave so not sure if possible to join in last min, if got >4<10 pax

Okay, i upped the pax. This one dun need fixed pax, so you just join us if you can bah.

630pm @ Ban Hang Harbourfront. Yes, she is joining us too.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its onz.

Chinese Ala Carte Buffet
Date. Thu 28 May
Time. 630pm
Click on Menu A

wah tazz awaiting your review~!!

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's very decent for a $20++ buffet la.. as long as you dont go for a $20+ buffet expecting $100+ quality.. prolly wont be disappointed :o

Unfortunately, some ppl do expect tat ... but you can't blame them too cos the restaurants themselves must take part of the blame. If they are genuinely offering a discount or promo, then it should their normal spread at a reduced price. However, 9 out of 10 will ... err 'adjust' their spread accordingly. Roasted beef becomes roasted chicken. Hokkaido scallops become fan scallops. Oysters become clams etc. If you see Spidie's post earlier, even major hotels do this too.

On the other hand, ppl ought to know better too. 一分钱,一分货 ...

Note to self ...Edge cannot go on Mons n Suns ... =:p

Spidie

Reaction score
Unfortunately, some ppl do expect tat ... but you can't blame them too cos the restaurants themselves must take part of the blame. If they are genuinely offering a discount or promo, then it should their normal spread at a reduced price. However, 9 out of 10 will ... err 'adjust' their spread accordingly. Roasted beef becomes roasted chicken. Hokkaido scallops become fan scallops. Oysters become clams etc. If you see Spidie's post earlier, even major hotels do this too.

$40.00 NETT still ok lar for Sunday and Monday. More than that better dun go. Waiting to try other buffet by Parkroyal group since friend working in UOL Group so all got 50% discount.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$40.00 NETT still ok lar for Sunday and Monday. More than that better dun go. Waiting to try other buffet by Parkroyal group since friend working in UOL Group so all got 50% discount.

Bro, you got 50%, we dun. I dun wanna pay full or 25% off price for an 'okay' $40 spread :p

Btw, UOL needs a pantry uncker or not?

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ya lor - eat until very sloppy :eek:

Spidie

Reaction score

Bro, you got 50%, we dun. I dun wanna pay full or 25% off price for an 'okay' $40 spread :p

Btw, UOL needs a pantry uncker or not?

I check for you ok ? Apparently Monday was for staff because my friend say hi to so many diners inside the dining area. Btw Normal coffee is free Cappucino need additional money.

siloti

Banned
Reaction score
Any buffet should give our group a special discount.... the satisfaction look plus the large turn out will be a good advertisement for them...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.