HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree671Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2014, 10:37 PM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

Buffet town is even worse. I still don't get why people like it and why there is always quite a queue. Maybe the quality has returned... but when I last .... for me since I don't eat oysters). So, it's quite an objective review. Oh, the coffee was nice.

Then again, I have friends who love that place...

But yeah, try Straits Cafe. It's worth a try. Personally I don't mind revisiting it or most places... but when I bring my parents out, I try to give them a good spread so this place is out. (But alas, I have small pockets so finding places is always an issue )
Buffet Town actually has a large spread, n certain items not bad. Since i have only been there for weekday lunches, there were no issues with food availability n such. Just that their dinner n weekend pricing not attractive, so i did not try.

Straits cafe was good. But last visit was disappointing. Slow replenishment of food, including the durian paste. Nicer items changed to something else after 1 or 2 refills ... mini crab legs ...

Wats your budget?

Food expert Leng be be and Kahlan advise not to try . 不是人吃的
They were selling vouchers at 1 time. Saw the menu and it was yucks. For non hotel buffets, places like buffet town, 1 kitchen n momiji are still safer bets. Sakura n tat place in central also okay.

Marriott, Triple Three or Lime for buffet lunch? Using UOB voucher to claim
Marriott's lunch is decent. 333 only went for dinner. Did not try lime b4, but saw their spread twice. Very small. Dun feel like eating.

Last edited by Toons; 05-06-2014 at 12:07 AM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:56 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

Buffet Town actually has a large spread, n certain items not bad. Since i have only been there for weekday lunches, there were no issues with food availability n such. Just that their dinner n weekend pricing not attractive, so i did not try.

Straits cafe was good. But last visit was disappointing. Slow replenishment of food, including the durian paste. Nicer items changed to something else after 1 or 2 refills ... mini crab legs ...

Wats your budget?

They were selling vouchers at 1 time. Saw the menu and it was yucks. For non hotel buffets, places like buffet town, 1 kitchen n momiji are still safer bets. Sakura n tat place in central also okay.

I suggest 333. Did not try lime b4, but saw their spread twice. Very small. Dun feel like eating.
I went to buffet town as there was a raving review on Straits Times then... but I ended up disappointed. Since you guys like the spread and I didn't, I can only guess there is no quality (quantity) control.

Budget is around $50 nett lor... small pockets here.
(Still looking for a suitable place with ambience and good spread.)

Tried 1 kitchen, momiji and Sakura already. Not sure what "tat place in central" refers to...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F6wGK4k.jpg[/IMG]
wizzyslurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:33 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

I went to buffet town as there was a raving review on Straits Times then... but I ended up disappointed. Since you guys like the spread and I didn't, I can only guess there is no quality (quantity) control.

Budget is around $50 nett lor... small pockets here.
(Still looking for a suitable place with ambience and good spread.)

Tried 1 kitchen, momiji and Sakura already. Not sure what "tat place in central" refers to...
You dun like the food, or there is no food for you to eat? Anyways, taste for food is subjective. One man's meat is another man's poison.

Hmmm, for weekday dinner? I'm actually surprised you prefer square > indulge, ambience wise. For indulge, its actually quite nice if you sit at the 'open area' between the restuarant n the bar. Its airy n bordering the waterfall feature, not to mention you can get live singing during dinner times from the bar next door. I likie.

Oh, i actually referring to Kiseki. Sorry, old man, lousy memory.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:55 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

Fresh durians from part of the local heritage buffet dinner @ Cafe Brio, Grand Copthorne Waterfront.

Mostly sweet ... lucky its not monotonously sweet as there are hints of other favours ... some got a bit alcoholic taste, so it keeps things interesting

2/6

It is still mostly sweet though, so if you're looking for the more premium breeds like MSW, KOK etc, then go for the RWS durian buffet instead.

Aftermath of my durian spree ... tomorrow sure will get breakout

BURP!!!!

PS: I will highly recommend going on Fri or Sat instead as dinners on those day feature a bigger spread, including a grill stn. Else their normal day dinner spread is so so nia.

Last edited by Toons; 05-06-2014 at 12:01 AM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:32 AM   #20
Supremacy Member

You dun like the food, or there is no food for you to eat? Anyways, taste for food is subjective. One man's meat is another man's poison.

Hmmm, for weekday dinner? I'm actually surprised you prefer square > indulge, ambience wise. For indulge, its actually quite nice if you sit at the 'open area' between the restuarant n the bar. Its airy n bordering the waterfall feature, not to mention you can get live singing during dinner times from the bar next door. I likie.

Oh, i actually referring to Kiseki. Sorry, old man, lousy memory.
It's the range - I don't eat a lot but I like seeing a lot of variety - my parents too...

I like Kiseki too - one of my parents' favorites - but they don't go repeats.
Indulge got ambience meh? And I don't like open areas generally... Also, maybe that day when I went, happened to have a wedding thingy there. The place was not reserved but many diners were part of some wedding function.

The variety of breads was not bad. I remember starting with them.

@Square: Maybe because I managed to get sofa seats both times. I love the ambience. My parents actually love the spread there though I thought it was just ok. But they like then I happy...

Looking for Father's Day...

Old 05-06-2014, 02:14 AM   #21
Supremacy Member

Which is better (in terms of spread, ambience and quality, in this order)?

Spice Brasserie or Marriott Cafe

Anyone know which promo remains valid for Father's Day? Apart from Square that was mentioned earlier?

Old 05-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #22
Master Member

Service and spread is much better when u go on a different day from those with a voucher, i.e. avoid Mon-Wed. U will get better food and service.

thewiseone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:46 AM   #23
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone know which promo remains valid for Father's Day? Apart from Square that was mentioned earlier?
Spice Brasserie ... go there, saw the spread, walked out. Nuff said.

Definitely Marriott > Spice for me.
wizzyslurpee likes this.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:50 AM   #24
Arch-Supremacy Member

Service and spread is much better when u go on a different day from those with a voucher, i.e. avoid Mon-Wed. U will get better food and service.
Tat might be the case, but if they wanna sell vouchers N then cut corners, then its their prob. I am going to tell everyone who asked exactly how bad my last visit was ... not going back there, at least not in the near future n tats it lor
Old 05-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #25
High Supremacy Member

Erm these two are worlds apart hahah

First is 3* and the second is 5*
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:36 AM   #26
High Supremacy Member

Tat might be the case, but if they wanna sell vouchers N then cut corners, then its their prob. I am going to tell everyone who asked exactly how bad my last visit was ... not going back there, at least not in the near future n tats it lor
Ridiculously horrible hahah
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #27
Supremacy Member

Spice Brasserie ... go there, saw the spread, walked out. Nuff said.

Definitely Marriott > Spice for me.
Erm these two are worlds apart hahah

First is 3* and the second is 5*
No leh, Spice Brasserie is $58 for special occasions and one of the days. $38 is for "normal" days... I think Marriott is $65.

But okay, looks like it's Marriott then... if they have the 1 for 1, otherwise... back to looking...

Edit: Just called Marriott. DOH. They say 1 for 1 promotion ends this week. Citi's website didn't even put an end date.

Last edited by wizzyslurpee; 05-06-2014 at 03:39 PM..
Old 05-06-2014, 06:19 PM   #28
Honorary Member

going to crystal cafe tmr
Old 05-06-2014, 06:26 PM   #29

How much is this buffet cost?
KaiMcintire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #30
High Supremacy Member

is this worth it?

Dine In An Award-Winning Restaurant: Only $44.30 For Brazil Churrasco Buffet Dinner
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.