HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree776Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2015, 05:06 PM   #3736

Not bad, but I eat very little. Robin was very disappointed with me. He say go with u better. Haha.
striker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2015, 06:22 PM   #3737
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not bad, but I eat very little. Robin was very disappointed with me. He say go with u better. Haha.
Wah. Pot calling the kettle black. When we were there, he kept drinking pot after pot of tea that I thought I'm in some Chinese tea buffet. End up he also never eat much.
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:37 PM   #3738
Supremacy Member

thank you sir
ipaq4444 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:54 AM   #3739
Supremacy Member

Bro, you never indicate budget, preferred cuisine, types of items you want etc, hard to recommend lar.

Someone posted a list of buffets with 1 for 1 promos below.

I like 2. Marriott Cafe (ambience, quality) and 5. Windows on the Park (value).

You can also consider Square @ Furama Riverfront.

If you willing to pay more, than go for Marriott Cafe, if smaller budget, then either Windows/Square.
I was eyeing these two for the 1 for 1 buffet promo too, have to treat my family of 8 for my birthday and hoping to manage costs, lol.

Marriott has snow crab legs but for dinner only or lunch too? Anyone can confirm?

And I haven't seen any recent reviews for Square at Furama so really not sure what they serve for their buffets leh. Anyone can share?

My family generally likes seafood (snow crab legs, prawns, sashimi) but my dad only eats meat items (can't take seafood). Would be great if you guys could suggest some places we could go that has a good deal.

TIA!

Edit - found the buffet menu for Marriott. All buffet places should provide this! Menu

So it's confirmed snow crab legs only for dinner.

Last edited by denial86; 02-11-2015 at 10:57 AM..
denial86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:32 AM   #3740
Arch-Supremacy Member

I was eyeing these two for the 1 for 1 buffet promo too, have to treat my family of 8 for my birthday and hoping to manage costs, lol.

And I haven't seen any recent reviews for Square at Furama so really not sure what they serve for their buffets leh. Anyone can share?

My family generally likes seafood (snow crab legs, prawns, sashimi) but my dad only eats meat items (can't take seafood). Would be great if you guys could suggest some places we could go that has a good deal.
Square has the basic seafood stuff like prawns, mussels n salmon n tuna sashimi. Very very rarely have snow crab legs (dun count on it though). It has quite a meaty spread with beef n roasted pork carvings (the recent 2 times i went), lamb cutlet n stewed beef. Its slightly above $36 nett if you have UOB cc, else slightly above $38 for other ccs after 1 for 1 promo. Pretty decent for the price.

Marriott of cos better quality stuff, better ambiance but at a higher price too. Close to $50 nett for dinner after 1 for 1? So depends on your budget lor.
denial86 likes this.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:54 AM   #3741
Supremacy Member

Square has the basic seafood stuff like prawns, mussels n salmon n tuna sashimi. Very very rarely have snow crab legs (dun count on it though). It has quite a meaty spread with beef n roasted pork carvings (the recent 2 times i went), lamb cutlet n stewed beef. Its slightly above $36 nett if you have UOB cc, else slightly above $38 for other ccs after 1 for 1 promo. Pretty decent for the price.

Marriott of cos better quality stuff, better ambiance but at a higher price too. Close to $50 nett for dinner after 1 for 1? So depends on your budget lor.
Zanks! Snow crab legs are pretty hard to find for reasonably priced buffets so I'm quite tempted to go with Marriott's instead since got 1 for 1. But difference of more than 10bucks per pax.. Maybe just this once...
Old 02-11-2015, 01:32 PM   #3742
Arch-Supremacy Member

I heard they take away the roast beef liao. Replaced with cold seafood. If u go tomorrow pls confirm if true. Thanks.
Disappointingly, still got beef ... Was actually hoping for red snapper. Anyways, although it looks good, its actually just avg at best depending on the cut ... overall tad tough n not beefy

This is the small seafood corner that they added lor.

The prawns not bad, sweet n fresh. Rest so so nia.

They have those chinese dinner entree platter too ...

The smoked duck not bad ... i whacked a lot v

Now also got ice cream ... the 2x choc quite nice.

Other than tat, rest of the food same same ... otay, satay, rendang, nonya desserts with some ang mo cakes etc. But for the price, no complaints.

Gonna try my luck again ... hope to get the snapper the next time!
Kahlan likes this.

Last edited by Toons; 02-11-2015 at 09:57 PM..
Old 02-11-2015, 02:49 PM   #3743
Supremacy Member

Disappointingly, still got beef ... Was actually hoping for red snapper. Anyways, it looks good, but avg at best depending of the cut ... overall tad tough n not beefy

This is the small seafood corner that they added lor.

The prawns not bad, sweet n fresh. Rest so so nia.

They have those chinese dinner entree platter too ...

The smoked duck not bad ... i whacked a lot v

Now also got ice cream ... the 2x choc quite nice.

Other than tat, rest of the food same same ... otay, satay, rendang, nonya desserts with some ang mo cakes etc. But for the price, no complaints.

Gonna try my luck again ... hope to get the snapper the next time!
Wah if got salmon sashimi then I don't mind go for this sia. Wasted haha..
Old 02-11-2015, 05:46 PM   #3744
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone interested to go xiao jiangnan? Prolly the last time if it really closes this year.

Deal selling voucher for $20.80 (ex service charge n gst, so about $25 nett).

Voucher usable till 15 Dec. So it will be on a Sat (2 to 5 pm) when everyone can make it.

If can get 3 pax by today, got further 10% discount.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:49 PM   #3745

Anyone interested to go xiao jiangnan? Prolly the last time if it really closes this year.

Voucher usable till 15 Dec. So it will be on a Sat (2 to 5 pm) when everyone can make it.

I dun mind doing one last round b4 they close shop
Old 02-11-2015, 11:11 PM   #3746

count me in too if still have space. thanks
dennyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:11 AM   #3747
High Supremacy Member

When? Hahah

I can make it next next Sat (14 Nov and the Sat after that)
Old 04-11-2015, 02:23 PM   #3748
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone keen to join me for ...

Korean BBQ @ Arirang

Date. Tue 10 Nov (Deepavali)
Time. 12-3pm (TBC)
Venue. Arirang @ Liang Seah near Bugis MRT
Price. $17.90 via Qoo10 voucher
Click here for menu

=============================

Swan Song @ XJN?

Date. Sat 14
Time. 2pm
Venue. XJN @ Marina Square
Price. abt $25 nett with deal voucher
Click here for menu

Participants
1. Toons
2. Carey
3. Striker
4. LBB
5. Dennyz
Lai lai, looking for 1 more so that we can hit the min 6 pax to enjoy the extra serving of sweet sour fish!

Last edited by Toons; 06-11-2015 at 09:20 AM..
Old 05-11-2015, 02:18 PM   #3749

Dear all,

Understand that there is currently 1-for-1 buffet promotion by The Marriot Café and Triple One. I am planning to bring my family (including two gals aged 14 and 11 yrs old).

Just to check which one will better suits us. Moreover any views on these two and which is worth the $?
liverpool73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:25 PM   #3750
High Supremacy Member

Dear all,

Understand that there is currently 1-for-1 buffet promotion by The Marriot Café and Triple One. I am planning to bring my family (including two gals aged 14 and 11 yrs old).

Just to check which one will better suits us. Moreover any views on these two and which is worth the $?
I prefer Marriot

But the 1-for-1 for UOB runs out of seats very fast hahah
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.