Huat Happy Chinese New Year

Wish everyone, year year got buffets!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

CNY Dinner Gathering @ Edge Pan Pacific Marina
Date. Fri 3 Feb
Time. 6.45pm
Venue. Edge @ Pan Pacific Marina
Price. $82.90 nett after 20% discount
Highlights - Fresh Seafood on Ice (including yummy Alaskan King Crab Legs), Whole Roasted Suckling Pig with Chef’s Special Sauce, Baked Whole Salmon with Tom Yam Paste, DIY Prosperity Yu Sheng and Grilled Fortune Chicken.

1. Toons
2. Techizen
3. Kahlan
4. Twtan
5. Dennyz

K BBQ Lunch Buffet @ Arirang Lunch Buffet
Date. Sun 05 Feb
Time. 3pm
Venue. Arirang @ Tan Quee Lan St near Bugis MRT
Price. About $19 nett via Qoo10 voucher
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/BEST-PRICE-IN-SINGAPORE-KOREAN-BBQ-BUFFET-FROM-ARIRANG-MORE-THAN/428447176

1. Toons

Uramasa

Reaction score
I'm looking for a place to dine

Guys, need some recommendation for buffet restaurant for this upcoming Wednesday for my wife's birthday celebration, be it lunch or dinner is still open as we both are going to take day off for this day.

The place that I'm looking towards is more kinda of meat galore place (no need for those clams/oyster as we don't really take those).

I'm planning to use Amex's Palate card for the buffet, and shortlisted the following place to dine:
1. The Line at Shangri-La
I heard this place is no-no for now due to the drop in food quality standards. Any feedback, guys?
2. Marriott Cafe at Marriott
I read this place is heaven for seafood lovers rather than meat lovers hang out place. How's the meat selection for this restaurant?

or is there any alternative place to dine? I'm fine by not using Amex. card as long I can have a decent food for buffet.
BTW budget is about $100 per pax.

Thanks guys!

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Toons, how was The Edge?

Suckling pig wasn't a whole pig but cut into squares though the skin was still crispy. Love the meaty king crab legs which was fresh and not too salty but some mentioned the snow crab legs were sweeter.

I liked the swordfish sashimi as it was rather fatty. The miso baked whole salmon was interesting too if you get the belly portion.

Dessert wise, me adored all the chocolate pralines and of course the alcohol ones. They got Thai milk tea ice cream which had a slightly bitter taste of real tea that I like.

AristroCats

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys, need some recommendation for buffet restaurant for this upcoming Wednesday for my wife's birthday celebration, be it lunch or dinner is still open as we both are going to take day off for this day.

The place that I'm looking towards is more kinda of meat galore place (no need for those clams/oyster as we don't really take those).

I'm planning to use Amex's Palate card for the buffet, and shortlisted the following place to dine:
1. The Line at Shangri-La
I heard this place is no-no for now due to the drop in food quality standards. Any feedback, guys?
2. Marriott Cafe at Marriott
I read this place is heaven for seafood lovers rather than meat lovers hang out place. How's the meat selection for this restaurant?

or is there any alternative place to dine? I'm fine by not using Amex. card as long I can have a decent food for buffet.
BTW budget is about $100 per pax.

Thanks guys!

Went to The Line for lunch recently and did feel that the food was not as good as I remember it to be. It's still decent but not as good. But definitely ok with Amex promo pricing.

Meat carving selection at Marriott Cafe for dinner was beef, lamb and pork. Other than that cooked chicken, duck, etc. Funnily enough I loved the char siu there, but not so much of the meat carving selection.

Different days might have different offering though.
Agree with -Synchronicity-, try Brazil Churrasco or Carnivore for meat buffet.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Definitely Brazil Churrasco > Carnivore.

Can consider Carvery too. I did not try it, but 2 other bros here did n they recommended it.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New Surf 'N Turf buffet at Plaza Brasserie starting on 18th Feb to 26th March (Wednesdays to Sundays only).

Attended a preview of the buffet. Each guest gets a half-serving of steamed lobster with the buffet: Link removed

Nice pics ........

Last edited by a moderator:

robincheok

Reaction score
I am going the line later, they have suckling pig tonight, free flow wine...

Went to The Line for lunch recently and did feel that the food was not as good as I remember it to be. It's still decent but not as good. But definitely ok with Amex promo pricing.

Meat carving selection at Marriott Cafe for dinner was beef, lamb and pork. Other than that cooked chicken, duck, etc. Funnily enough I loved the char siu there, but not so much of the meat carving selection.

Different days might have different offering though.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK, went for the Marine Harvest theme at The Line. Plenty of Boston lobsters and Alaskan King Crab legs in addition to mussel, scallop, prawn, crab, snow crab leg etc... Unfortunately, the lobster and king crab leg was rather bland, it just lack that sweetness and saltiness of the ocean.

Sashimi was good, especially the salmon belly. They also got the aburi maki with tuna sashimi inside and rolled with unagi. For the carving menu, whole suckling pig and a huge rack of roast beef. The suckling pig's skin was a little hard rather than crispy but still crunchy overall and the beef was so tender and fatty even though it's well done. Will try to post pictures if have the time.

Indian section the tandoori lamb wasn't to my liking, maybe I don't appreciate the seasonings plus they remove the layer of fats. Surprisingly there was beef satay which had a sweet spicy kick to it. But I thought Indian don't eat beef?

Came with free flow juices and alcohols. After discount, the bill came to S$63.50 each.

Last edited:

sann1

Reaction score
OK, when for the Marine Harvest theme at The Line. Plenty of Boston lobsters and Alaskan King Crab legs in addition to mussel, scallop, prawn, crab, snow crab leg etc... Unfortunately, the lobster and king crab leg was rather bland, it just lack that sweetness and saltiness of the ocean.

Sashimi was good, especially the salmon belly. They also got the aburi maki with tuna sashimi inside and rolled with unagi. For the carving menu, whole suckling pig and a huge rack of roast beef. The suckling pig's skin was a little hard rather than crispy but still crunchy overall and the beef was so tender and fatty even though it's well done. Will try to post pictures if have the time.

Indian section the tandoori lamb wasn't to my liking, maybe I don't appreciate the seasonings plus they remove the layer of fats. Surprisingly there was beef satay which had a sweet spicy kick to it. But I thought Indian don't eat beef?

Came with free flow juices and alcohols. After discount, the bill came to S$63.50 each.

can check what kind of discounts you got?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.