HeyYouThere

Reaction score
He can't make it for the new date.

Seafood Buffet Dinner
Date. Sat 6 May 2017
Time 630pm
Venue. Food Capital @ Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel along Havelock Road
Price. $46.50 nett after 1 for 1 promo

Hi there, can share how you got the 1 for 1 promo for this?

Also, anyone can intro a decent international buffet budget $50-70/pax on a Wednesday night?

keichi_k1

Master Member
Reaction score
Would say avoid :(
Selection is pretty bad now.

Slow refill of food and buffet town is just slightly better.

scorpio1991

Reaction score
Upon reaching we were told that we have to wait 30-45mins. The food is good, but we ended up waiting for an hour for table and more than an hour for food. Drinks was served only when you asked. They really do things very SLOW!! They doesn't even know there's empty table outside till we asked if we can take it since we are next on the queue. Empty table can be vacant for as long as 30mins!!!! I doubt that i will go back.

xinnss

Reaction score
anyway anyone tried the eatigo app. it is quite good and always have discounts for different time.

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
Upon reaching we were told that we have to wait 30-45mins. The food is good, but we ended up waiting for an hour for table and more than an hour for food. Drinks was served only when you asked. They really do things very SLOW!! They doesn't even know there's empty table outside till we asked if we can take it since we are next on the queue. Empty table can be vacant for as long as 30mins!!!! I doubt that i will go back.

Sorry, where is this place?

tan1688

Reaction score
Seafood Buffet Dinner
Date. Sat 6 May 2017
Time 630pm
Venue. Food Capital @ Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel along Havelock Road
Price. $46.50 nett after 1 for 1 promo
1. Toons
2. Dennyz
3. Techizen
4. Kahlan
***CLOSED***

Could you post some photos and review of food capital? Please

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya sia. is the 1 for 1 promo still on?

I already replied liao mah ... For the 1 for 1 (or issit 50% off? :s13:) HSBC is til end May. Not sure abt the chope or food capital's own promo.

Its an ongoing promo by food capital. Alternatively, you can also enjoy the same promo via chope or using hsbc cards.

Could you post some photos and review of food capital? Please

Hmmm, never take pics wor.

Here is my impression on Food Capital :-

Place quite nicely done up compared to the old Brio Cafe. Was crowded though with many tables celebrating Mother's Day in advance.

Seafood spread consist of oysters, prawns n snow crab legs. Oysters i never try, but the crab legs though fresh (can pull the whole chunk of flesh out) are mostly bland. Sashimi dun have salmon belly, so a bit disappointed. Salmon sashimi is avg bah.

Their cooked food not bad. Got bbq corner with grilled prawns, lamb chops, etc. As for the carving stn, roasted lamb n salmon are nice. I heard the roasted beef also nice though i did not try :eek: Hainanese chicken is nice (rice avg nia), the herbal crab soup is yummy, with fresh fleshy crabs n a thick savory broth (can be a tad salty).

I also liked both the grilled prawns as well as the black pepper prawns. The beef short ribs also not bad.

Desserts okay, with some choc items ... got lava cake, but its not very well done. Taste wise still okay though. Fruits selection a bit disappointing. Quite a nice variety of drinks, including cold cappuccino. The laksa also pretty good with cockles!

All in all, with 50% discount, its abt 46ish nett, which is pretty good imo, esp considering its a sat dinner.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.