HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree776Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2016, 04:48 PM   #4081

Any nice cheese steamboat recommendation?
kenapa siol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:31 PM   #4082
Supremacy Member

I was at 333 last Friday. 46 per pax with 1 for 1.

In general, food standard was so so without oysters. There are crab legs, mussels, prawns and pipis. Fresh.

Desserts was disappointing with mainly coloured butter cakes with Buttercream, ice creams, kueh lapis and non crispy cream brulee.

Cold cut and bread section was ok. Like the smoked fish they got.

Sashimi was ok but the peenoy chef serving it had a black face and can tell me to wait while he takes his own sweet time to do his own stuffs. This is not acceptable for hospitality. And he gave small portion despite asking for big one.

Cooked food was ok. Bbq pork ribs was great. Deep fried salmon skin and tempura were good. Indian food was so so. The mutton curry was kind of over spiced while the cut of meat used was of poor quality.

Laksa according to my friend laksa was diluted.

Would not go back for lunch again. The whole place was filled by the OL crowd.

Hope dinner or brunch would be better.

Last edited by silviachef; 02-03-2016 at 06:41 PM..
silviachef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:06 PM   #4083
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thought no reservation allowed during promotion period. If that's the case, Sunday may be super crowded with walk ins.

Good thing is that its not just the 6 dishes but everything in the menu. But 1 hour only.
Just had dinner there

Lol, lucky you removed the link to the menu. The actual menu is quite a bit smaller, but the items which i aiming for are mostly still there, so no complaints. I dun recall seeing the fish items though.

Yea, its only 1 hr, which is seriously way too short. If cannot order after 1 hr, then its okay ... but if you must stop eating after 1 hr, then ...

It was almost full house when i reached there at 655pm. Ended up sitting outside. Luckily its quite cool n windy, so no complaints there.

Food came after a 15 mins wait, but everything came within the next 5 mins.

We tried the spicy hot chicken pot (medium sized which is their smallest), 1 plate of raw beef, 1 plate of raw mutton, 1 plate of konjac, fried big intestine, veg with century n salted egg, hotplate prawns, imperial crispy duck, married couple offal, hotplate mutton, duck tongue n fried sotong with salted egg. The portions are quite big hor, more suited for 4 paxs.

I only liked the fried big intestine n veg with century n salted egg. The sauce of the prawns not bad, but the prawns not very fresh. The sotong's salted egg coating not bad, but the sotong is over fried. Duck is slightly salty n dry. Rest are mostly avg.

Even though they never 'chase' us after 1 hr (we exceed by abt 5 mins), but there are ppl waiting for tables, so we paiseh to slowly eat too.

Verdict :- 1 hr makes for a very hurried dining experience, which is not exactly enjoyable. Only some dishes nice n the big portion makes it difficult to try more dishes if you only have 2-3 paxs. On the other hand, based on the prices, the buffet is actually quite worth it. Sigh, still got some dishes which i wanna try but did not get the chance ... now i dunno if i still wanna go back on Sun
Old 02-03-2016, 09:33 PM   #4084
Master Member

1 hr buffet is very short... esp they need to cook first then serve.. n since they know the timeframe is an hr they have to rush cook hence the food shldnt be too gd too.. lol
kitaeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:18 PM   #4085

Yea, the duck was really lousy. Surprised that it is one of their highly recommended dishes. The hot plate prawns we had were mostly fresh except for just a few.

You should have ordered the mouth saliva chicken. The bullfrog was also very good and warranted a 2nd round from us

Last edited by techizen2; 02-03-2016 at 10:21 PM..
techizen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:25 PM   #4086
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yea, the duck was really lousy. Surprised that it is one of their highly recommended dishes. The hot plate prawns we had were mostly fresh except for just a few.

You should have ordered the mouth saliva chicken. The bullfrog was also very good and warranted a 2nd round from us
Yea lor, the waitress still can ask 'hows the duck?'. She seems quite proud of it *pengz*

Aiyoh, the bullfrog hotpot is 1 of the items that i wanted to try but did not have a chance to. They are famous for their chicken hotpot mah, so we ended up trying tat instead.

Btw, you took the mala sauce for your hotpot or their special sauce? I find their mala sauce avg nia.

Last edited by Toons; 02-03-2016 at 10:37 PM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:38 PM   #4087

Yea lor, the waitress still can ask hows the duck. She seems to be quite proud of it.

Aiyoh, the bullfrog hotpot is 1 of the items that i wanted but did not have a chance to try. They are famous for their chicken hotpot mah, so we ended up trying tat instead.
We also ordered the chicken hotpot since its their must order dish. But the bullfrog hotpot is definitely superior.

Special sauce. So can easily eat more instead of having to suffer with each mouthful.
techizen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:26 AM   #4088
Arch-Supremacy Member

wa... really 1 hour... 1 hour hard to enjoy leh...
10,000 POST 03 JUNE 2012 12:38AM

Hello , I'm rainbow!
OKCATYEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:27 PM   #4089
High Supremacy Member

wa... really 1 hour... 1 hour hard to enjoy leh...
Hard to enjoy but more than enough for lao unker like me
Old 03-03-2016, 03:07 PM   #4090

Gyu kaku UE square got buffet leh for this mth only kagoshima beef buffet

Spidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:11 PM   #4091

Gyu kaku got buffet at UE Square outlet leh. Kagoshima beef buffet.

Spidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:29 PM   #4092
Arch-Supremacy Member

For UOB cards ...... hmmm, i always wanted to try the carvery since its new n i heard the meats there not bad, but y need min 4 paxs n only for mon to thu

Park Hotel Alexandra
323 Alexandra Road
The Carvery, Tel: 6828 8880 | Email: thecarvery.phal@parkhotelgroup.com

The Carvery
1-for-1 Buffet Lunch (Mon - Fri)*
1-for-1 Buffet Dinner (Mon - Thu)*

Valid till 31 May 2016. Advance reservation is required and confirmation is subject to availability. *Minimum of two redemptions (4 adults), maximum of six redemptions (12 adults) per Cardmember per visit. Park Hotel Alexandra reserves the right to change the terms and conditions without prior notice. Other terms and conditions apply.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:21 PM   #4093
Supremacy Member

For UOB cards ...... hmmm, i always wanted to try the carvery since its new n i heard the meats there not bad, but y need min 4 paxs n only for mon to thu

Park Hotel Alexandra
323 Alexandra Road

The Carvery

Valid till 31 May 2016. Advance reservation is required and confirmation is subject to availability. *Minimum of two redemptions (4 adults), maximum of six redemptions (12 adults) per Cardmember per visit. Park Hotel Alexandra reserves the right to change the terms and conditions without prior notice. Other terms and conditions apply.
They think everyone also got many friends.
denial86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 02:48 PM   #4094
High Supremacy Member

Park Hotel Alexandra
323 Alexandra Road

The Carvery

I tried it before when they had a 1-for-1 during their opening launch...

Decent only lor - not fantastic - maybe cos I went for Sunday lunch so there weren't any prime ribs

Roast was limited to beef, lamb and chicken

No sashimi as well
Old 04-03-2016, 04:44 PM   #4095

Got red meat for me can liao. The only buffet i cannot stand is those 1hr race for time type.
striker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.