HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree671Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2014, 06:56 PM   #31
Master Member

Thats my experience with most buffets after some time with voucher offers. Service and food quality goes down hill!

Tat might be the case, but if they wanna sell vouchers N then cut corners, then its their prob. I am going to tell everyone who asked exactly how bad my last visit was ... not going back there, at least not in the near future n tats it lor
thewiseone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #32
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thats my experience with most buffets after some time with voucher offers. Service and food quality goes down hill!
Yea, actually quite surprised when Straits Cafe started selling vouchers, cos they are perpetually full / near full. Dunno why they see the need to sell vouchers.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:39 PM   #33
Supremacy Member

Yea, actually quite surprised when Straits Cafe started selling vouchers, cos they are perpetually full / near full. Dunno why they see the need to sell vouchers.
The parking there is expensive. Maybe they are feeling the heat.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F6wGK4k.jpg[/IMG]
wizzyslurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:55 PM   #34
Master Member

I was there not too long ago during one of the voucher promotional period but i didnt get the voucher. It so happened that i visited the place on Friday, which is one of those days that the voucher is not applicable. What a difference in the spread of food and service. Bottom line: Its now very difficult to find a decent value for $$$ buffet in Singapore. Restaurants are probably more interested in making $$$ than serving quality food. Having a fully seated restaurant is good news for the management, projects a popular image to potential customers... almost a win-win for all except those who are looking for a decent quality meal.

thewiseone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #35
High Supremacy Member

Only if you love meat...hahah

Actually a better option is to head for their Sunday brunch (priced at S$37 IIRC)
Old 06-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #36

Fresh durians from part of the local heritage buffet dinner @ Cafe Brio, Grand Copthorne Waterfront.

Mostly sweet ... lucky its not monotonously sweet as there are hints of other favours ... some got a bit alcoholic taste, so it keeps things interesting

2/6

It is still mostly sweet though, so if you're looking for the more premium breeds like MSW, KOK etc, then go for the RWS durian buffet instead.

Aftermath of my durian spree ... tomorrow sure will get breakout

BURP!!!!

PS: I will highly recommend going on Fri or Sat instead as dinners on those day feature a bigger spread, including a grill stn. Else their normal day dinner spread is so so nia.
Look delicious. How much did you paid for it?

Mod Edit: Do not quote the pictures in reply. Read the Rules and Regulations and check how many times you have made it to the Warning and Infraction List.
lohkinwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:02 PM   #37
Arch-Supremacy Member

Look delicious. How much did you paid for it?
Abt $71 nett for 2 pax. It after a 50% discount as i'm using their hotel dining card.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:05 PM   #38
Master Member

Marriott's lunch is decent. 333 only went for dinner. Did not try lime b4, but saw their spread twice. Very small. Dun feel like eating.
tried lime since there was a promo - 3 dine, 1 free
spread is indeed small but the quality of the food is there...ambience is very good...nice and comfy seats with cosy lightings.
very good for friends catching up and sitting thru the night..eating and drinking.
but for the price..cant really complain the range since they are not charging the line or melt prices.
monk.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:54 AM   #39
Supremacy Member

tried lime since there was a promo - 3 dine, 1 free
spread is indeed small but the quality of the food is there...ambience is very good...nice and comfy seats with cosy lightings.
very good for friends catching up and sitting thru the night..eating and drinking.
but for the price..cant really complain the range since they are not charging the line or melt prices.
Go during the cheapest day and use the online discount promo lor...

Does anyone know whether the senior citizen 35% discount extends to the entire table, or is it only for that 1 person?

Old 07-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #40
Master Member

Does anyone know whether the senior citizen 35% discount extends to the entire table, or is it only for that 1 person?
Ya...go on cheapest day better..I went on a weekday so not that bad...
Old 07-06-2014, 05:08 PM   #41
Supremacy Member

Ya...go on cheapest day better..I went on a weekday so not that bad...
I only visited the Line once and I thought it was overrated... it's worth a try if you go on the cheapest day... but if you go on the most expensive day, I think it is too pricey - unless the food is more and much better on the most expensive day.

For me, I don't particularly target any food in the buffet. I just like to see variety and enjoy a good ambience. I think I go buffet always net loss (well, net gain if you look solely at the weight )

Old 07-06-2014, 06:12 PM   #42

Any one try marriot cafe 1for 1 dinner before??

valid mon to wed, with uob cc...

Tks!
stalin83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:28 AM   #43
Master Member

I only visited the Line once and I thought it was overrated... it's worth a try if you go on the cheapest day... but if you go on the most expensive day, I think it is too pricey - unless the food is more and much better on the most expensive day.

For me, I don't particularly target any food in the buffet. I just like to see variety and enjoy a good ambience. I think I go buffet always net loss (well, net gain if you look solely at the weight )
Haha... Same..don't eat as much, just for gathering and the ambience.
Do you mean the line or lime??
My reply was for lime not the line.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:11 AM   #44
Supremacy Member

Haha... Same..don't eat as much, just for gathering and the ambience.
Do you mean the line or lime??
My reply was for lime not the line.
OOPs... I was talking about the Line at Shangri-La...

Old 08-06-2014, 10:15 AM   #45
Master Member

Variety remains the same or is changed on the cheapest day?
hornbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.